IGNORED

For the Lord disciplines the one He loves, and He chastises everyone He receives as a son.

angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

God Disciplines His Sons (daughters)
…5 And you have forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons  (daughters): “My son, do not take lightly the discipline of the Lord, and do not lose heart when He rebukes you. 6 For the Lord disciplines the one He loves, and He chastises everyone He receives as a son.”7 Endure suffering as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?…

12:1-11 The persevering obedience of faith in Christ, was the race set before the Hebrews, wherein they must either win the crown of glory, or have everlasting misery for their portion; and it is set before us. By the sin that does so easily beset us, understand that sin to which we are most prone, or to which we are most exposed, from habit, age, or circumstances. This is a most important exhortation; for while a man's darling sin, be it what it will, remains unsubdued, it will hinder him from running the Christian race, as it takes from him every motive for running, and gives power to every discouragement. When weary and faint in their minds, let them recollect that the holy Jesus suffered, to save them from eternal misery. By steadfastly looking to Jesus, their thoughts would strengthen holy affections, and keep under their carnal desires. Let us then frequently consider Him. What are our little trials to His agonies, or even to our deserts? What are they to the sufferings of many others? There is a proneness in believers to grow weary, and to faint under trials and afflictions; this is from the imperfection of grace and the remains of corruption. Christians should not faint under their trials. Though their enemies and persecutors may be instruments to inflict sufferings, yet they are Divine chastisements; their heavenly Father has His hand in all, and His wise end to answer by all. They must not make light of afflictions, and be without feeling under them, for they are the hand and rod of God, and are His rebukes for sin. They must not despond and sink under trials, nor fret and repine, but bear up with faith and patience. God may let others alone in their sins, but He will correct sin in His own children. In this he acts as becomes a father. Our earthly parents sometimes may chasten us, to gratify their passion, rather than to reform our manners. But the Father of our souls never willingly grieves nor afflicts his children. It is always for our profit. Our whole life here is a state of childhood, and imperfect as to spiritual things; therefore we must submit to the discipline of such a state. When we come to a perfect state, we shall be fully reconciled to all God's chastisement of us now. God's correction is not condemnation; the chastening may be borne with patience, and greatly promote holiness. Let us then learn to consider the afflictions brought on us by the malice of men, as corrections sent by our wise and gracious Father, for our spiritual good.Matthew Henry Commentary

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Amen, 

there is nothing worse than a parent who doesn't care enough to care for their Children

I crave God's Hugs and I crave his swift kicks in the butt

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for this reminder on how we should deal with stress and the enemie, how we need to keep focusing on and trusting our living God.

• Praise God! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

one of my favorite stories has to do with pearls. I never knew that pearls grow because of irritation. A piece of sand or some other irritant gets in there and to try and alleviate it Mother of Pearl is secreted which causes a layer of mother of pearl over the irritant. Of course this well intentioned act causes more irritant which causes more mother of pearl and so on and so on. Layer after layer of mother of pearl until there is a pearl. But a pearl does not have any beauty on its own. Light must enter the pearl and then it bounces back and forth inside the pearl until it once again finds its way to the eye of the beholder and the beauty is seen from the work of the light within the pearl. We are like that pearl in that we get all kinds of trials and irritants in our lives and every trial as shown in Hebrews 12 is used by the Lord to strength our works, hands, and walk, feet, and bring forth a harvest of righteousness. When the Light of the World, Jesus Christ enters into us shining on this layer and then that layer and so on until the Light has done its works and the beauty of a harvest of righteousness comes flowing back out of us and the Light of the World shining forth in us from all our trials comes forth and the eyes of the great cloud of witnesses, can see the Light at work in us revealing the beauty of Christ in us and a harvest of righteousness for us. 

We are all going to go through trials but it is whether we allow the Lord to use it for His glory and our spiritual growth. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, Jonathan BeWell said:

I relate to this now by how I have been acting and responded to here at Worthy Christian Chat.  I get out of line, apologize but do not truly repent by doing it again.  I made a forum post in the testimony section about it recently.  Now here I am again trying to defend and explain myself.  I know what my satanic stronghold/stubborn, reoccurring sins are.  I think I am a bully to the point of reveling in a fight (of words, not physically).  I confess and apologize.  Now God has allowed an attack against me at my job and I suffer because of it.  I see all this in the light of exactly what is spoken of in this thread.  Until I truly humble myself and repent, I will be stuck at this stage and hindered with my growth into the vine of Jesus Christ.  Thanks, praise and glory be to God.  I Peter 2 (KJV)

Hi Jonathan ,if we think we have no sin then we're lying to our self , when you're born again , we become new creatures in Christ but we don't know yet of how we have to live this new life in Christ and therefore Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit (Helper) He will show us where we  have to change ,when I was a new believer ( long time ago) I thought I could change the world by telling people to accept Jesus for what He did for us, I was what they call a blown up Christian , that is why the Bible gives directions of people who could be overseers of the church.For if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how can he care for the church of God? 6He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same condemnation as the devil. 7Furthermore, he must have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the snare of the devil.…1 Tim 3:6. How longer you follow Jesus who more you learn of what to say or what not to say to people. It's always a good thing to get to know the people first before you tell them the message of Jesus. I know your heart is in the right place but you're right with saying that you have to be careful of what to say or what not to say and when to say things. It should always be done in love,Jesus was a good example of how we should treat other people. Try to read the Bible a lot and listen to what God is telling you and be slow to speak . I love your zeal for God and love to see you grow in knowledge ,Jesus loves you and has a plan for you :)

Jeremiah 29:11-13 

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.