IGNORED

Would you read a book that had details about sex in it?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

One  problem is that there were people who tried to cover it up. His disciples.

I'm curious....was this some sort of cult or sect?    I've never heard of Christian pastors having "disciples." Sounds off to me.

And, no I wouldn't read anything explicit.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Debp said:

I'm curious....was this some sort of cult or sect?    I've never heard of Christian pastors having "disciples." Sounds off to me.

And, no I wouldn't read anything explicit.

I was being sarcastic when I said “disciples.” He has people who are totally devoted to him and will do anything for him. 

I’m grateful for everyone’s input. I’m done talking about it.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

18 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

I’m writing a book that I plan to send out to some Christian leaders. It has some explicit references to sex in it. It is about a very powerful Christian leader who has lots of influence as well as other Christians who were involved in a coverup. As devout Christians, would you read a book that contained sexual details and sexual language?

I’m afraid it could cause some men to stumble and possibly cause emotional distress or triggers in some women. I think including the details are very important because it helps reveal the true nature of the men involved. I’m just concerned that Christians will put it down after just a few pages.  

I would try to keep the language as general as possible. It is acceptable to say, "John Doe had sex." I would reveal as few details as possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,772
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

20 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

I’m writing a book that I plan to send out to some Christian leaders. It has some explicit references to sex in it. It is about a very powerful Christian leader who has lots of influence as well as other Christians who were involved in a coverup. As devout Christians, would you read a book that contained sexual details and sexual language?

I’m afraid it could cause some men to stumble and possibly cause emotional distress or triggers in some women. I think including the details are very important because it helps reveal the true nature of the men involved. I’m just concerned that Christians will put it down after just a few pages.  

NO! Not if your going to be obedient to God 

Phil 4:8

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
KJV

• Oy Vey! 1

9 hours ago, Betha said:

THEN FORGET YOUR BOOK !!! it is not the Christian way to persecute and accuse others whether they are guilty or not ! 

Heb 10v30 Vengeance belongs to GOD....NOT to any of us who are ALSO  SINNERS. Let him who is without sin among you cast the first stone. Seems to me your vendetta is a personal hatred of another person....where is your 'forgiveness after he asked for mercy ???

Take care or SHAME will be on you !!!

I’m not going to forget the book. It’s almost done.

As far as throwing stones, the people, who were not her victims, picked up stones to kill her. I’m not condemning anyone to death.

He has been shown mercy. That is why  he is not in jail or being sued. At the time he asked for mercy, he was being prosecuted for drug possession. If I had gone to the police, I imagine he would not have been shown mercy in his drug case. I think he was able to plea bargain his way out of that.

just so you know, his wife is being called angry and resentful and they are going to pray for her bitterness and hatred as well. They are also getting her “professional help” to deal with her need to keep bringing it up.

No label has been applied to him. I think someone called him broken. So the women always become the villains.

Edited by ReneeIW
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

On 8/4/2019 at 2:48 PM, ReneeIW said:

I’m afraid it could cause some men to stumble and possibly cause emotional distress or triggers in some women.

Well this is what I think. You should put on the cover a warning.  Letting people know that it could be a trigger for some people.  Something like "contains strong language that some may find offensive."  That way they can know before hand what they are getting into and decided for themselves.   As for the other question of would I as a Christian read the details of such things.  I  would have to start it and see how I feel about it.  Because it is a true account, I think it should be written as true a it can be.  But like I said. That is just what I think about such things. 

• This is Worthy 1

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/4/2019 at 7:48 PM, ReneeIW said:

I have read on sex articles before, it doesnt bother me or effect my faith.

• 6 months later...

Edited by ReneeIW

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/4/2019 at 1:48 PM, ReneeIW said:

The truth is the truth.