edited

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,274
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Sometimes people think of being "religious" as doing a bunch of things or rituals.   So I prefer to tell people that I have faith in the Lord....that it's about a relationship with Christ through faith, rather than rituals.

• Loved it! 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

When I hear people say they are “ Spiritual”, I immediately assume it is some kind of variation on Oprah’s latest horse hockey.The annual switching from one type of Hogwash to another type of Hogwash. 

• Haha 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"You are religious"

Response might be: I am a bond-servant to Jesus my Lord God and savior.  Thank you for noticing, but lets be clear it is by the grace and the mercy extended to me personally though I did nothing to merit it, that I share even in babysitting today, it is all in the name of Jesus. I guess yes that is being that religious, thank you so very much for the kind compliment and testimony.

You know, it is for the love of Jesus alone  that I am so pleased to be able to babysit. It is indeed part of the religion my creator has encouraged me into obeying and enjoying. I definitely do this in the name of Jesus, even the writing on the wall there that you have noticed is an encouraging reminder to me of a passage from the word of God that gives me such great comfort always. It for me now  more than a saying it is indeed a welcomed by me guideline that helps me.  

How about you?  I just realized I  do ask  of God  for the opportunity to find someone each day to talk to about Jesus  my Lord, is that person you today?  By the way,  that saying on the wall is from.... It reminds me of.... , here it is in this part of the Bible right here. To me it has come to mean...., Would you like to have this copy? I will so love to have you keep it as your own.   Do you need babysitting again  tomorrow or next week at all?

------

Religious? Yes, own it, credit God alone.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/4/2019 at 8:58 AM, ReneeIW said:

When did religion or being religious become something bad?

The short answer to "when,"  ...Gen 4:3.

Abel's walk with the Lord was by faith in His sacrifice that he obviously learned from his dad, ...while Cain, was also taught the same as Abel, however he decided to do it his way, ...his religious "works" instead of God's way, ...as has been excellently and correctly explained above.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 8/8/2019 at 4:29 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

When I hear people say they are “ Spiritual”, I immediately assume it is some kind of variation on Oprah’s latest horse hockey.The annual switching from one type of Hogwash to another type of Hogwash. 

by hogwash I hope you don't mean just a figment of their imaginations....   What Oprah preaches is not some off the wall thing....   what she worships and deals with is as real as anything....   and it's evil to the core...    Oprah is not just some crazy old lady, she's a very real danger to everyone who follows what she teaches.

I agree with Debp in that Christianity is a close personal relationship with the Creator of the Universe....  While I do attend church, most of my worship happens every day as life goes by...    in just about everything I do...

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Some people use the term religious to mean anything to do with God.  Or they mean regularly repeating rituals.

Some people used the term spiritual to mean having to do with spiritism, or occult.  

Neither is true of the way we are to practice our faith.  But the things of the Spirit are understood by the Spirit of God, and they are foolishness to the natural mind.  So it is no use to try to explain very much to them because they will just think we are weird.  Which is true--we are God's own peculiar people. :royalty:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

1 hour ago, other one said:

by hogwash I hope you don't mean just a figment of their imaginations....   What Oprah preaches is not some off the wall thing....   what she worships and deals with is as real as anything....   and it's evil to the core...    Oprah is not just some crazy old lady, she's a very real danger to everyone who follows what she teaches.

I agree with Debp in that Christianity is a close personal relationship with the Creator of the Universe....  While I do attend church, most of my worship happens every day as life goes by...    in just about everything I do...

“ The Gospel is foolishness to those that perish” On rare occasions , somebody in the audience will be given the microphone and if they refer to Jesus as anybody other than a “ good and wise man”, Oprah will cut them short and the majority of the audience will be offended.I refer to her pablum as Hogwash because I try to be a gentleman in a Christian Forum.The majority  Of the World does not believe that Jesus was God in Flesh.Oprah has done many good things over the years.She will be shocked someday to discover giving away cars did not impress God that much.That, as well as all of her other good deeds are filthy rags.Her beliefs come straight from Hell.Its a shame her vast influence is taking many people to hell with her.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,175
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

you tube video :

Religious but Lost - Dr. Charles Stanley (Audio)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I have the same problem calling myself a "Christian" as opposed to calling myself a "follower of Christ".

For me for many ,many decades I have seen the unbearable treatment "Christian TYPES" force on others, believers and non-believers. It's just horrid what I've seen and heard countless times from mostly leadership people who everyone trusted, and then they betrayed people in the harshest most cruel ways imaginable- IT BREAKS MY HEART TO EVEN TALK ABOUT IT or bring it back to memory.

What is even sadder is that these CHRISTIAN TYPES have not only betrayed their church, but they have also betrayed their God by daring to even claim His Sons name. I've seen and heard non-Christians berated and condemned that they were going to  hell in the most unimaginable display of pure satanic dominium over the CHRISTIAN TYPE. It was shocking to see someone's spirit crushed like that.

I will never call myself a Christian again, after 42 years, as I don't want anyone to ever connect me to a such a false abomination to God that the "church" and "Christianity" has become, and is even becoming worse worldwide as each day passes.

I have been sold out to God for 42 years, and gone to church for 42 years, and raised my children in the church through their high school years, and now I regret it and wish there would have been something more real that truly reflected the love of Christ and His true teachings. But now I see the false church for myself as a foreshadowing to greater things in the future beyond even the false church who has betrayed Christ and His teachings, and leading people by the millions to destruction.

God says there is a remnant who He has called out to know the truth, and live it out each day in the quietness of their hearts and lives, bringing true, unselfish love into the lives of strangers and other true believers. I'll take that any day over what I have experienced in the past.

I'd rather be one of the remnant if God would allow me to.

Edited by Seasoned by Grace

1 hour ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

Well, I have the same problem calling myself a "Christian" as opposed to calling myself a "follower of Christ".

For me for many ,many decades I have seen the unbearable treatment "Christian TYPES" force on others, believers and non-believers. It's just horrid what I've seen and heard countless times from mostly leadership people who everyone trusted, and then they betrayed people in the harshest most cruel ways imaginable- IT BREAKS MY HEART TO EVEN TALK ABOUT IT or bring it back to memory.

What is even sadder is that these CHRISTIAN TYPES have not only betrayed their church, but they have also betrayed their God by daring to even claim His Sons name. I've seen and heard non-Christians berated and condemned that they were going to  hell in the most unimaginable display of pure satanic dominium over the CHRISTIAN TYPE. It was shocking to see someone's spirit crushed like that.

I will never call myself a Christian again, after 42 years, as I don't want anyone to ever connect me to a such a false abomination to God that the "church" and "Christianity" has become, and is even becoming worse worldwide as each day passes.

I have been sold out to God for 42 years, and gone to church for 42 years, and raised my children in the church through their high school years, and now I regret it and wish there would have been something more real that truly reflected the love of Christ and His true teachings. But now I see the false church for myself as a foreshadowing to greater things in the future beyond even the false church who has betrayed Christ and His teachings, and leading people by the millions to destruction.

God says there is a remnant who He has called out to know the truth, and live it out each day in the quietness of their hearts and lives, bringing true, unselfish love into the lives of strangers and other true believers. I'll take that any day over what I have experienced in the past.

I'd rather be one of the remnant if God would allow me to.

This discussion must hinge on one’s definition of what “ being religious” means......To me, a “ Religionist” is anybody that imitates the behavior of a True Christian and is clueless about the Source of it.He does things because he thinks he “ has” to .The True Christian’s behavior is simply the natural outflow of the  indwelling Holy Spirit.A True  Christian is not ate up all of the time worrying about sin and behavior.He knows he is forgiven because of the finished work of the Cross.The Religious Man is working for that forgiveness, constantly trying to earn it and keep it every hour of every.He is miserable .Always forced to avoid the things he wants to do , and forcing himself to perform those things he does not enjoy.Yes,He is trying to do things that only those with a New Heart can do.He May  even have “  a zeal for the things of God,”yet without knowledge .A religious person has a head knowledge of Christianity, but no “ Heart” knowledge.Therein lies the difference between joy and misery.And we all know “ Misery loves Company”. Trusting , not trying separates the Religious Man from The Christian Man.Religions says “ do”, Christianity says “ done”. God bless

• Thumbs Up 1