• Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,775
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

8 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

Hi Michael,

This was another Christian who called me religious. I had been taking care of her special needs son  for months and overtime she noticed a pattern of behavior from me. Mainly light weight Bible Study with my kids, Scripture written on one wall in my home (1 Corinthians 13) and lots of Christian books. This was two years ago. I can barely read any Scripture now after going through a traumatic event. 

But I think she looked at the focus of Bible Study in my home and came to the conclusion that I was religious. Although she is Christian, she does not read the Bible but says she is spiritual. The reason why I was reading a lot was because I was totally  dependent on it. If I went too long without reading, my behavior and faith would start to slip.

Anyway, my point to you is that it’s other Christians, not the world, who are calling believers “religious” if they try and do anything that the Bible instructs us to do. 

Hi again Renee, I think the same response applies to everyone who criticises another person's worship and devotion to Christ and their diligence in the Word of God, be they Christian or not.

Often I have encountered Christians who hold to the ceasationist doctrine that the gifts of the Spirit are no longer available. Some of these people have been extremely critical of charismatics and pentecostals, ranting against them for raising their hands and speaking in tongues, prefering instead to have a set order of service with the same ritualistic liturgy week after week.

The point is that not everyone worships God in the same way so it really is lame of the person you mention to criticise what you do in your own home. May the living water of the Holy Spirit quench all inflammatory remarks made against you, Renee.

Blessings from Michael37.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I pray for her.

Good. That may be all you can do.  Or share your concerns with her. She may not listen to you right away but it may plant a seed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

On 8/17/2019 at 2:19 PM, Seasoned by Grace said:

I'll pray for you, not just today, but for weeks to come for your widom and for guidance from the Holy Spirit.

Thank you. I will pray for you as well.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

When it comes to religion being a dirty word im not sure that's the way to put it. The word religion is like there are many religions in the world but they are not of Christ. The more the church of Jesus compromises with the world the more it becomes lifeless. Life less is carnal religion which put emphases ceremonial things  outward appearances. Paul said to be carnally minded is death. Faith in Christ is who we are not what we do. Christianity has become just another religion in the world.    

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

20 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

When it comes to religion being a dirty word im not sure that's the way to put it. The word religion is like there are many religions in the world but they are not of Christ. The more the church of Jesus compromises with the world the more it becomes lifeless. Life less is carnal religion which put emphases ceremonial things  outward appearances. Paul said to be carnally minded is death. Faith in Christ is who we are not what we do. Christianity has become just another religion in the world.    

You said so many wonderful truths with such few words - BRILLANT !!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:01 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

All Religions have a few things in common.Mainly, Religion says “ look at what I am doing for God”. Christianity says “ look what God did for man”.

In a nutshell, it’s this......Religion says “ DO”, Christianity says “ DONE”........

It is the tragedy of Christianity that too many people have turned True Christianity into just another religion —- do do this and don’t do that —- work to make yourself “ worthy” instead of resting in the Truth ... We are “MADE” worthy by our faith in the Blood of the Lamb......Religion is the polar opposite of  Christianity .Its all about “ cleaning one’s self up” to be “ good enough” to be acceptable in God’s sight.A Jewish English Professor that I had in college, not a Christian by any stretch of the imagination , put on the blackboard the following —“ Anybody that thinks they are good enough for Heaven is damned”....that upset the majority of students in the Room......all of their lives , they believed this lie—- the lie of religion  that sends countless deceived souls to a very bad place ........

This is one subject that has grieved me. Can one say I am a Christian and have people wonder how many beliefs there are under that umbrella word. When the believers were first called Christian at Antioch it meant followers of Christ. As long as the apostles lived they  kept after those who would bring in confusion, but when they were gone Confusion came. Bishops became more exalted and when Constantine made the church a ruling religious order the church fell into full blown apostasy. In the century 15 corruption caused rebellion and the church splintered into many different denominations. Many beliefs and doctrines were added making the church a smorgasbord

In short Christianity has become confusion. When the early church which was not given a name but was finally called Christion it was not anything like we see today. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

15 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

This is one subject that has grieved me. Can one say I am a Christian and have people wonder how many beliefs there are under that umbrella word. When the believers were first called Christian at Antioch it meant followers of Christ. As long as the apostles lived they  kept after those who would bring in confusion, but when they were gone Confusion came. Bishops became more exalted and when Constantine made the church a ruling religious order the church fell into full blown apostasy. In the century 15 corruption caused rebellion and the church splintered into many different denominations. Many beliefs and doctrines were added making the church a smorgasbord

In short Christianity has become confusion. When the early church which was not given a name but was finally called Christion it was not anything like we see today. 

I totally agree with even stronger opinions :thumbsup:.