• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Joe,

The Lord will rule through Israel and specifically King David and the priests. The context of this scripture is when the Lord delivers Israel from their enemies at the end of the tribulation.

`...they shall serve the Lord their God, and DAVID THEIR KING, whom I will raise up for them.` (Jer. 30: 9)

The Lord will dwell with Israel by His Holy Spirit, but not physically as He will be ruling over all the universe and the angelic realm from His seat of power & authority in the third heaven.

`....far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age BUT ALSO IN THAT WHICH IS TO COME.` (Eph. 1: 21)

The `meek` inheriting the earth, refers to those out of Israel. The Body of Christ`s inheritance is in the third heaven.

`...the hope laid up for you in heaven.` (Col. 1: 5)

`...our citizenship is in heaven...`(Phil. 3: 20)

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

God has GONE UP with a shout, the Lord with the sound of the trumpet. Sing praises to our King, sing praises For God is the King of all the earth....` (Ps. 47: 2 - 7)

I find this to be a very weak  argument to show that Jesus has gone back up to heaven after His second coming. 

The saints return to the earth with Jesus at the physical second coming. This is abundantly clear by the use of the term “fine linen, white(bright) and clean” describing both those on white horses and the garments of the bride. So first, your theory requires the saints to descend to the earth with Jesus and then ascend again. This is never depicted in scripture or even alluded to.

We will rule with Jesus (Rev. 2:26-27, 2 Tim. 2:12, Rev. 5:11, Rev. 2:4-5), but Jesus surrenders the Kingdom to God the Father after the Millennial reign as it says:

” then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be abolished is death.” (1 Cor. 15:24-26)

So Jesus’s reign ends when the eternal state begins (Rev. 21). It is impossible for the saints to reign from heaven. Jesus is reigning from the earth. Jesus only reigns during the Millennial Kingdom. The saints are always with the Lord (1 Thess. 4:17). Thus by logic they must be on the earth when they are reigning with Jesus.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/18/2019 at 10:33 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi douggg,

Of course I agree that the Lord comes back to earth to deliver Israel and deal with the world`s armies and the rebellious. Then there is scripture that says that the Lord will return to His seat of power & authority. And if you read the context it is when He is king over all the earth and subdued Israel`s enemies under their feet.

`God has gone UP with a shout, the Lord with the sound of the trumpet...` (Ps. 47: 5)

God`s word tells us that He is above all, in this age and the one to come. (Eph. 4: 21) He will dwell with His people Israel by His Holy Spirit, just as He said He does with us.

The Body of Christ`s inheritance is in heaven. 

`...the hope laid up for you in heaven.` (Col. 1: 5)

`...our citizenship is in heaven...`(Phil. 3: 20)

If you don`t believe God`s word there then we really don`t have any more to discuss.

Marilyn.

Hi Marylin,

..our citizenship is in heaven...`(Phil. 3: 20)

Yes, you are quite right. Our citizenship is in heaven.

My citizenship is Canadian. But that doesn't prevent me from living in another land. I could live in Mexico, or Costa Rica, or Panama, or a host of other countries. I could live there and set up shop, hire employees, and run a business. But my citizenship would remain Canadian.

Edited by JoeCanada
  • Thumbs Up 1