• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 minute ago, Still Alive said:

In all seriousness, it can also be a conversation starter. :)

I suppose so... Can you imagine where it might begin? :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, BeauJangles said:

I suppose so... Can you imagine where it might begin? :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

I'm one of those people that will start up a conversation with a total stranger. And I'm always (subconsciously, really) looking for ways to steer the conversation to our creator. I can see someone jokingly mentioning this if I were wearing a "Christian" shirt and picking up a bottle of Jack Daniels while wearing it. It would be a great segue to the Christian lifestyle and biblical teaching. 

But to be fair, I don't wear message T-shirts except as a costume on stage, and I hate Jack Daniels. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

33 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

We sin everyday as Christians without even knowing it. Alcohol is a drug, caffeine is a drug and so is nicotine. To consume a drug is a sin and can be addicting. Alcohol can be more destructive because it alters the judgment in the brain. If a person is intoxicated and they get into a car and drive they may get a DUI or get into an accident with another car and hurt someone. It is between God and the person who consumes the drug. Many who drink coffee, chocolate or a Coke or Pepsi may see this differently but it is still a drug.

Man dad told me in his day Pepsi Cola was considered a serious sin. Like people really frowned upon drinking it. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

When it comes to me, I had a few experiences as a kid that cast alcohol into a terrible light. So much so that I used to not be able to be around it or drunk people, out of both fear and anger. My view on it has eased enough over time, but I must still admit to unease and discomfort around drinks and drunk people. I avoid it if at all possible.

Also when it comes to me, I just view anything that changes a person from how they typically are as being inadvisable. That even includes common medication; it should really only be a last resort. I don't know if i'd call alcohol a sin, but drinking it in excess, definitely. I don't take a major issue with it if someone is doing it behind closed doors - Just so long as i'm not around it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

9 minutes ago, dr3032 said:

I don't take a major issue with it if someone is doing it behind closed doors - Just so long as i'm not around it.

AKA: secret sin. Too many are getting 'bombed' when nobody's watching them. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Made me recall going to the wholesale electrical supply shop in the church van with all its churchy ID in on it's exterior.

The supply shop is directly behind the storefront of a business that faces the main highway. One kind of has to know it is there in back. The store in front? The triple X shop of enticement. So yes I would drive along the very busy main highway and turn into the XXX shop parking lot with the church van to buy electrical supplies.

Who knows maybe that encouraged someone to go visit the church-

:D If any church member saw you maybe you got mentioned in a lot of prayers.... never a bad thing!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

I agree. I don't think wearing a shirt confirming your faith in Jesus Christ and picking up a six pack of beer is very good. People will then look at you as a Christian hypocrite. The world already labels Christians as hypocrites. 

Actually it was a twelve pack. I thought a hypocrite was someone who didn't live as they preached, someone who pretended to be someone they are not. I am a Christian and I don't believe alcohol is a sin, to act otherwise.... wouldn't that be hypocritical?  Who knows, perhaps sometime someone will ask me why I wear a Christian shirt and drink beer.... it will open some dialogue.  Also, I believe Christians are labeled as judgemental and unloving more than they are labeled hypocrites.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

You can really tell the character and integrity of a person by the emblems they have on their car. I have seen some really interesting ones :blink:

Having a Christian bumper sticker on their car is only public display of what they want you to
believe of them, and what they would like to believe. Of themselves.
Their conduct driving  is a more accurate gauge of their character, or integrity. Or lack thereof.
Showing courtesy, slowing down to allow entry, driving the limit etc, is the better proof of character.

Well done
is better than
well said.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

3 hours ago, Still Alive said:

When I lived in Seattle, nobody would have batted an eye. I now live in Rural KY, in a county that only recently went "moist". Alcohol is the "tool of the devil" here. We spent time at two separate churches before we finally found a less dogmatic church. We discovered we are not baptists. When I first moved here, occasionally someone would come out HARD against any alcohol consumption. I's ask them, "Really?  So, are you Mormon or are you Muslim?"  I had no idea Baptists were tea totalers. They weren't in Seattle.

I'm a Cristian, and go to a Baptist church.

There's a little saying about this subject.

Catholics go in the front door of a liquor store.
Baptist use the back door...........
default_cool2.gif.bde4ce0cdbb11d4718a056f88b0700e9.gif

• Haha 3
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

2 hours ago, dr3032 said:

When it comes to me, I had a few experiences as a kid that cast alcohol into a terrible light. So much so that I used to not be able to be around it or drunk people, out of both fear and anger. My view on it has eased enough over time, but I must still admit to unease and discomfort around drinks and drunk people. I avoid it if at all possible.

Also when it comes to me, I just view anything that changes a person from how they typically are as being inadvisable. That even includes common medication; it should really only be a last resort. I don't know if i'd call alcohol a sin, but drinking it in excess, definitely. I don't take a major issue with it if someone is doing it behind closed doors - Just so long as i'm not around it.

From past personal experience; there's not much worse socially than being around a drunk; unless you're drunk too. I don't fit anymore. 

• Brilliant! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1