• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

52 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

I totally agree my brother.  Maybe one day we'll share one!

There will always be some who will be easily offended.  Let them think what they will, you know the truth of the matter.  If a "christian" wants to judge you, at face value, because you are holding some beer with a Jesus T-Shirt, they've missed the point.   In doing so, they are asking for scrutiny for themselves, from a more accurate Judge.

Love & Shalom

You don't know how much I would enjoy that.... so here's to one day!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 minute ago, Tigger56 said:

You don't know how much I would enjoy that.... so here's to one day!

Cheers, @Tigger56;)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

7 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

Why not go further than this? Would it be okay to wear the shirt while using  a drug that has been made legal in some states? What appearance does that give?

It is very different than drinking a coke with dinner for lots of people. Some people are incapable of having just one beer. Some have been going to AA for years hoping and praying they will never have one beer because they know where it leads for them.  Comparing alcohol to a drink that has never led to heartache or death for millions of people is irresponsible. There are many people who have problems with alcohol and walking around with a shirt representing the Christian faith while looking like you’re about to party seems like a bad choice. Something not quite right about it. 

I kind of agree with this. For me personally, drinking is bad. I can’t control it so I choose to abstain. Other brothers and sisters can do it responsibly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

On 8/5/2019 at 6:52 AM, Tigger56 said:

A couple of days ago I was coming out of an Ingles grocery store. I will often wear Christian theme hats or T-shirts. That particular day I was wearing a shirt that declared on the front, "Ya'll Need Jesus".  I wasn't really thinking about the fact that the shirt along with a pack of beer might be offensive to someone, but I had gone into the store to pick up a 12 pack of beer. When leaving the store an elderly man and woman was getting out of their car and the look of judgement was all over the man's face as he saw my shirt and what I was carrying in my hand. I didn't have the beer hidden in a grocery bag as it was the only item I had picked up. I saw him whisper to his wife and both just stared at me as I walked to my pick-up truck. I am in the section of country known as "the Bible belt". I believe it was also on Sunday that I made my purchase. Up until just a few years ago, we also had "blue laws" which prohibited the buying and selling of any alcohol on Sundays. I even grew up in a "dry county" that prohibited the sale of any alcohol. 

It wasn't my intention to shock the elderly couple and I realize that many in my area are good southern Baptists and they condemn the use of any alcohol and truly believe that Jesus drank only grape juice and never wine even at the last supper. Many grew up thinking that all alcohol was evil and was condemned along with dancing and card playing. (I also like to dance and play cards).  I don't make it a habit to offend others and am sorry that they appeared to be offended by me. But I also have no problem with alcohol as long as it isn't drank in excess. I enjoy a cold beer in a frosted mug or straight out a bottle or can. It was made to go with pizza! I also enjoy a good glass of wine and sometimes even a mixed drink.

I am curious of the background of others in the forum. What were you taught? And what are your beliefs about alcoholic beverages? 

I don't like the taste of beer or alcohol.  If all I wanted beer for was taste, they sell non alcoholic beer.  The Bible does say in excess, so I don't think it is sin in moderation, but it can create an appearance of evil.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I don't mind the occasional drink myself...but with that said you have to admit there's something ironically funny about walking out of a liquor store with a case of beer and a t-shirt that says "you need Jesus" lol. 

With that said the bible doesnt prohibit drinking in moderation, but it also says don't be a stumbling block. When I get alcohol i either go through a drive through or go to a liquor store attached to a grocery store, and bag it before I leave. That way people assume I'm just getting groceries.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

15 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Find anywhere on this thread that I've posted people should not drink responsibly, and we'll discuss it. Otherwise, please do not judge me. Thank you. 

How about wearing the Jesus T-shirt while drinking responsibly? 

Edited by RTCarroll

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

7 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

I don't like the taste of beer or alcohol.  If all I wanted beer for was taste, they sell non alcoholic beer.  The Bible does say in excess, so I don't think it is sin in moderation, but it can create an appearance of evil.

Just about anything can create an appearance of evil. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

8 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

The Bible does say in excess, so I don't think it is sin in moderation, but it can create an appearance of evil.

So does Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider (non-alcoholic), as I know from personal experience!

• Haha 3

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

16 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

I don't like the taste of beer or alcohol.  If all I wanted beer for was taste, they sell non alcoholic beer.

If you like beer and drink it for the taste, you wouldn't drink anything that they sell as non alcoholic beer or near-beer. Yuck! When you push beyond the taste buds of adolescence liking only sweet and learn to appreciate the complexities of what you are tasting in craft beers or wines and even spirits, they can be very enjoyable. In most cases like this, people are drinking it for the same reason that in the south people drink SWEET tea. Otherwise known as diabetes in a glass or miracle grow for your (back side). You are drinking it for the enjoyment of the taste, not the side effects.

Edited by Bawcash
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

57 minutes ago, Bawcash said:

You are drinking it for the enjoyment of the taste, not the side effects.

Yeah sure, that is why Ed McMann was successful in  coining the expression  for Budweiser "bring home a 12 pack for the weekend", it was enjoyment of the taste. And why Coors today shows  on tv some fool drinking Coors in the shower, all for the taste. Or why the male tailgaters to the Bucs football games have dual funnels feeding beer into the mouths of the passing young "babes", all for the taste not for the effect.

Yep I'll buy a pound of that tale.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1