Tigger56

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

No doubt, gluttony is a sin.....but it does not hold a candle to drunkenness ...I never hear about a man trashing a home, beating up his wife and children because he was fat.Some drivers veer out of their lanes and kill a bus load of kids or a rented limo full of high school graduates celebrating prom night, and it nothing to do with them being tubby.The glutton mainly hurts only himself, the drunkards are responsible for more pain and sorrow than any other groups  of sinners.They deserve all the bad press that they get

As far as the beer purchase with the Jesus t- shirt , I think this is Why Paul added the caveat when he said, “ ALL things are lawful to me”- you certainly had the right to do what you did . Paul added to that amazing statement that even though all things are lawful —- not all things are WISE .If you come out of a  Crack House wearing that shirt , don’t be surprised if you get called out on it.Same principle in your beer adventure......be wise!

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

17 hours ago, Descarte said:

It has been implied above by a few that the problem was the combination of the shirt and the beer.  That may be true depending on what is meant.  If it is meant that there are some activities intrinsically permissible as men but not as Christians, then it should be said this has no basis in the bible or reason. If drinking alcohol is intrinsically wrong in a Christian shirt, it is intrinsically wrong in any shirt. 

Nah, bro. That's not true at all. :whistling:

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

55 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

No doubt, gluttony is a sin.....but it does not hold a candle to drunkenness ...I never hear about a man trashing a home, beating up his wife and children because he was fat.Some drivers veer out of their lanes and kill a bus load of kids or a rented limo full of high school graduates celebrating prom night, and it nothing to do with them being tubby.The glutton mainly hurts only himself, the drunkards are responsible for more pain and sorrow than any other groups  of sinners.They deserve all the bad press that they get

As far as the beer purchase with the Jesus t- shirt , I think this is Why Paul added the caveat when he said, “ ALL things are lawful to me”- you certainly had the right to do what you did . Paul added to that amazing statement that even though all things are lawful —- not all things are WISE .If you come out of a  Crack House wearing that shirt , don’t be surprised if you get called out on it.Same principle in your beer adventure......be wise!

I think a Crack House would be wrong if participating. But what if one goes there to help a friend or relative that is there and is wearing a Jesus shirt? Jesus perhaps shouldn't have sat with prostitutes and sinners in the public view, after all that might have offended others.

I think some the "look out for the weaker brother" as a cop out. It allows us to be weaker by hiding the fact that we are Christians.

In regards to the Jesus shirt being worn while purchasing beer at a grocery store... don't know if the couple was offended but they didn't appear pleased at the sight of me. What of those in this forum, what are your thoughts if you saw a man, with a big smile (that's the way I usually am) come out of a grocery store wearing a Christian shirt what would you think? Would you judge me? Would you condemn me? Would you think anything at all? Would you be glad to see a fellow Christian?  What would be your thoughts if you were in the parking lot and had seen me instead of the older couple?

3 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

What of those in this forum, what are your thoughts if you saw a man, with a big smile (that's the way I usually am) come out of a grocery store wearing a Christian shirt what would you think? Would you judge me? Would you condemn me? Would you think anything at all?

Oh now, and smiling? If not in knowledge of your prudent use, I'd think you were heading home to get down with nice 'beer buzz'. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Oh now, and smiling? If not in knowledge of your prudent use, I'd think you were heading home to get down with nice 'beer buzz'. :rolleyes:

Yep!  I smile almost constantly and love to whistle as well. I like talking with people and telling jokes, etc..... not known as a shy kind of guy. I do tend to walk around high..... high on Jesus.:emot-shakehead:  I'm glad my wife learned to put up with me years ago and for some reason loves me with all her heart.

Edited by Tigger56

41 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

35 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

Yep!  I smile almost constantly and love to whistle as well. I like talking with people and telling jokes, etc..... not known as a shy kind of guy. I do tend to walk around high..... high on Jesus :emot-shakehead:  I'm glad my wife learned to put up with me years ago and for some reason loves me with all her heart.

That's cool, bro. A person with a 'beer buzz' kinda stumbles a bit on yet another kind of 'high'. ;)

9 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

That's cool, bro. A person with a 'beer buzz' kinda stumbles a bit on yet another kind of 'high'. ;)

So true. Can't remember the last time I had a "beer buzz". I naturally seem to have a large tolerance but don't try to test it. One or two beers is fine for me. I had my oldest brother, born Sept, 1955, one year almost from me, Sept, 1956 die due to alcoholism. I have another brother who is an alcoholic. Both had almost no resistance to the effects of alcohol. My great grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee and they inherited the dark hair and darker skin and apparently the susceptibility to alcohol. My other brother and I take more after our father and have brown hair (now gray) and lighter skin. My brother who looks a lot like me rarely drinks but does occasionally enjoy a beer or mixed drink. I pray for my brother that is an alcoholic. But I don't blame the alcohol for his problems. It was choice. He choice to drink knowing it affected him and he chose to drink to excess. I keep him in my prayers. He is another one that I will keep alcohol hidden from when in my home, not to avoid offence but to not enable. 

Edited by Tigger56
misspelled word

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

1 hour ago, Tigger56 said:

I think a Crack House would be wrong if participating. But what if one goes there to help a friend or relative that is there and is wearing a Jesus shirt? Jesus perhaps shouldn't have sat with prostitutes and sinners in the public view, after all that might have offended others.

I think some the "look out for the weaker brother" as a cop out. It allows us to be weaker by hiding the fact that we are Christians.

In regards to the Jesus shirt being worn while purchasing beer at a grocery store... don't know if the couple was offended but they didn't appear pleased at the sight of me. What of those in this forum, what are your thoughts if you saw a man, with a big smile (that's the way I usually am) come out of a grocery store wearing a Christian shirt what would you think? Would you judge me? Would you condemn me? Would you think anything at all? Would you be glad to see a fellow Christian?  What would be your thoughts if you were in the parking lot and had seen me instead of the older couple?

What if you were buying beer for a family member, wear your shirt with honor. If I seen you in a parking lot with Jesus on your shirt with a pack of beer, I would of asked you for one. If you love Jesus, share your beer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, DJbowler said:

If you love Jesus, share your beer.

Now I've heard it all!:24:

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Haha 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

20 minutes ago, DJbowler said:

What if you were buying beer for a family member, wear your shirt with honor. If I seen you in a parking lot with Jesus on your shirt with a pack of beer, I would of asked you for one. If you love Jesus, share your beer.

Just like a cool cup of water given in the name of our Lord Jesus?

Hmmmm maybe not maybe not, no I don't think so.

• Haha 1