Sign in to follow this  
Tigger56

The enjoyment of alcohol...

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

From Scripture,  I learned that true followers of Jesus will not cause another believer to trip, or sin, in any way within their power to change.

Paul said he would (or did) give up ALL meat (not just the forbidden pork),

in order not to "destroy" another man's soul by causing him to stumble......    (I forget the location/ reference/ exact words, but this is close)....

No,   

Jesus and the APostles NEVER said those weak in faith, or little children,  or seekers,

should be stronger instead of stumbling.  

They always said the true (stronger) believers should STOP the offending behavior for the sake of the weaker one(s).

Yet nobody will tell the Christian driving a $75,000 car they should sell it because it caused a weaker brother with envy problems to stumble. 

Yet nobody will tell the three hundred pound pastor they should lose weight because it caused a weaker brother with gluttony problems to stumble. 

Has anyone ever known a Christian to not eat meat because they were causing a vegan to stumble?

Edited by RTCarroll

32 minutes ago, RTCarroll said:

Unless you are drinking it because you really like the taste of a good craft beer and not for any "effect". 

That is possible but somewhat unlikely. 

11 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

That is possible but somewhat unlikely. 

It is not only likely, it is reality.   I do not know anyone that drinks to get drunk or buzzed of what have you.  They all do so for the same reason people drink Ice tea or whatever it might be.  You should not judge people on things you know so little about. 

2 hours ago, RTCarroll said:

It is not only likely, it is reality.   I do not know anyone that drinks to get drunk or buzzed of what have you.  They all do so for the same reason people drink Ice tea or whatever it might be.  You should not judge people on things you know so little about. 

All this reading is making me thirsty, I might go grab a beer and read some more. Fear God and honor the King

• Thumbs Up 1

Verse (Click for Chapter) ... Therefore, if food causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will ... Therefore, if food causes my brother or sister to fall, I will never again eat meat, so that I won't cause my brother or sister to fall. ... Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your ...

Sign in to follow this