IGNORED

Is it a sin to drink alcoholic beverages and wine?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Shalom..

Is it a sin to drink alcoholic beverages and wine? I don't understand about this..If you know and have any Bible verses related to it please quote them too..

Thank you.. :)

Jesus bless you

Edited by chargedbyfa1th

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Sorry i made this in a wrong category..it was not supposed to be placed here

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Just now, chargedbyfa1th said:

Sorry i made this in a wrong category..it was not supposed to be placed here

I moved it for you.  :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Drinking alcohol isn't a sin but drunkenness is.

1 Peter 4:3

3 For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry.

Ephesians 5:18

18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,

Proverbs 20:1

1 Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise.

Romans 13:13
13 Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy.

---

Bible clearly teaches that drunkenness is not acceptable. But it also mentions that drinking wine\alcohol can be done without sinning 

Ecclesiastes 9:7
7 Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do.

Timothy 5:23

23 Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.

Psalm 104:14-15

14 He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for people to cultivate— bringing forth food from the earth: 15 wine that gladdens human hearts, oil to make their faces shine, and bread that sustains their hearts.

--

I want to post one more scripture for you to reflect on concerning consumption of alcohol.

1 Corinthians 10:23-24

23 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive. 24 No one should seek their own good, but the good of others.

--

May I ask your reason for the question?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

23 hours ago, chargedbyfa1th said:

Shalom..

Is it a sin to drink alcoholic beverages and wine? I don't understand about this..If you know and have any Bible verses related to it please quote them too..

Jesus bless you

Paul actually commands Timothy to not just drink water, but a little wine for a digestive aid.

It's not a sin to drink alcohol, it is a sin to drink until drunk, passed out, getting into fights with strangers, slipping morals and behaving like a drunk.

Do you really need scriptures from me on this? I bet you can think of some that apply here!

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 8/5/2019 at 10:03 AM, chargedbyfa1th said:

Shalom..

Jesus bless you

I think the Bible would lead one to believe it is okay to drink a little, and that intoxication is a sin. I over drank and quit altogether, and have no desire to drink again. 

• Praise God! 1

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/5/2019 at 6:03 PM, chargedbyfa1th said:

Shalom..

Jesus bless you

I dont think it is a sin the drink beverages, remember Jesus made wine, which they person said was the best tasting wine after the not so good tasting wine. In Jesus first miracle at the wedding. I believe it was actual wine, although this is disputed. The bible doesnt say much on beers and lagers, etc. However the bible says it is a sin to be drunk. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_views_on_alcohol#:~:text=He emphasized the goodness of,madness of a fellow mortal."

God bless. Excessive drinking is a sin. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 8/5/2019 at 12:03 PM, chargedbyfa1th said:

Shalom..

Jesus bless you

it is not a sin to drink alcoholic beverages, however we are warned not to over drink and get drunk.  we are responsible for the things we do when we over drink and that is the main danger of alcohol.   some people can not just drink a little and to avoid that they shouldn't drink at all.  it is more complex than just declaring it a sin or not.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

On 8/5/2019 at 6:03 PM, chargedbyfa1th said:

Shalom..

Jesus bless you

In the day of Yeshua, water was suspect so they mixed fermented stuff with it for safety. Just do not get drunk or take ANY substance that, a) lowers your morals and alertness, b) makes you an easy target for the 'bad guys' either men of women.