IGNORED

Should Christian keep the Sabbath? And what day we should keep the Sabbath?

chargedbyfa1th

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Shalom...

Should we Christians keep the Sabbath? And what day we should keep the Sabbath? I'm still confused..

If you also have the Bible verse references please quote them.. :)

thank you..

Jesus bless you..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, chargedbyfa1th said:

Shalom...

Should we Christians keep the Sabbath? And what day we should keep the Sabbath? I'm still confused..

thank you..

Jesus bless you..

Hello, I have thought that when Jesus was expounding on the 10 commandments if He would have expounded on the Sabbath. He would have put forth the Sabbath was made to give man a rest from the works of their hands. I think He would have put forth that the salvation that is to be found in Him is the fulfillment of the Sabbath whereby man would cease from the working of self,  and live by faith in Him and enter His rest.

Anyways, my thoughts. 

Blessings in Christ, Not me 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

41 minutes ago, chargedbyfa1th said:

Shalom...

thank you..

Jesus bless you..

If you have a Church that teaches the literal true word of God and you have a positive experience with the congregation then by all means attend that Church. Not everyone can go to Church due to various reasons. Some are having a difficult time finding a Church that is preaching the true word of God and they are not happy with the fellowship. In that case they need to have a daily relationship with God. Read their Bible everyday and pray everyday and give their life to God 100%.

It does not matter what day you worship God in a Church Romans 14:5. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

Christianity meets on the first day of the week to remember that this was the day that Jesus rose from the dead.

It does not matter what day we meet together so long as we do meet together. Sunday is confient, but if in your area Christians want to meet on a Wednesday or before dawn on a Monday or on any day at any time go for it.

Jesus told the Samaritan woman that God wants to be worshipped in Spirit and in Truth.

So whether you meet every Tuesday lunch time, or on Thursday after tea it does not matter. It only matters if one says that we Must meet on this day and on this day only, then it becomes a work to earn salvation.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Gee I don't know.

I attend a corporate worship service on Thursday evenings. Why? Because the local body is now so crowded there is no room at the Sunday services. The local body leaders decided lets also  have services Thursdays as a solution for now. 

Being able to attend on Thursday evening I do,  to make  a seat for someone else on Sunday. I also attend with a second body of friends on Sunday at another  facility that does have room. 

Lots of groups have worship, sermons, and teaching at all days and evenings of the week. Where I worked and had to have facilities readied for people there simply was not a night, nor day, that the facilities were not in use for worship, prayer, teaching, and fellowship.

My guess is there is no bad time to worship and join with others to worship together.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"Paul as was his habit went into the synagogue on the Sabbath and shared  of scripture", probably of the same Bible Jesus read. I guess one so qualified as Paul could do the same today if so bold as to do so. Seems to me one can gather to share of Jesus in most any format time and place, God willing.

Just what  is an inappropriate day and time to gather worship and share? ???

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, chargedbyfa1th said:

Should we Christians keep the Sabbath?

Shalom @chargedbyfa1th

Great question. I wonder what made you ask it?  In short, the answer is yes.

Is it necessary for salvation, no I don't think so.

But is it necessary to honour Him as the Creator?  Yes and why would you not. 

"Also the sons of the foreigner
Who join themselves to Yahweh, to serve Him,
And to love the name of Yahweh, to be His servants—

Everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And holds fast My covenant—
Even them I will bring to My holy mountain,
And make them joyful in My house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices
Will be accepted on My altar;
For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.”
Yahweh Elohim, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, says,
"Yet I will gather to him
Others besides those who are gathered to him"
Isaiah 56:6-8

"If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,
Then you shall delight yourself in Yahweh;
And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,
And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.
The mouth of Yahweh has spoken.”
Isaiah 58:13-14

The Sabbath sounds important to me because it sounds important to Yahweh.  

I certainly find more Scriptures to solidify the Sabbath's importance rather than ones implying the Lord is the "new sabbath".  The Messiah being the "new sabbath" should be understood as analogy and foreshadow only, not literal.   Or what, should we believe that He is ACTUALLY a  literal Lamb, Lion, Rock or Branch also?  No.  

I made the change to Sabbath observance years ago and am so glad I did.  It feels right. Don't get me wrong, every day is for the Yahweh, but Sabbath is a day I purposely rest from working and buying - unless there is good I can do for Him!  It's a great time to fully re-energise.  What a great gift from our Father.

The posts people quote from Paul about "various days being held in high esteem by some" seem to be referring to regular and/0r appointed fast days in context - not Yahweh's Sabbath.  Or what?  Should we assume that Paul was decommissioning the Sabbath in his letters? And so casually, so briefly and non-specifically? 

Great OP.  Keep seeking the truth. Study the whole Bible and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you. Don't hold on to any preconceived ideas, assumptions or traditions and the truth will become apparent to you. 

Love & Shalom 

Edited by Tzephanyahu

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Know your history well before you give the RCC and pagan ideas of The Sabbath. Do not confuse this with the disciples exhorting about food laws and pagan sabbaths. THE SABBATH was ordained by Yahweh before sin entered into our world.

Please read this as it may be the first time you have heard of the real Passover  timetable when Yeshua was crucified, died and buried. He arose again 72 hours later. On the Sabbath.

Quote:

Was the RESURRECTION on SUNday Morning?
By Rabbi Edward “Levi” Nydle-Revised 8--03

“Now after the Sabbath, toward the dawn on the first day of the week, Miryam from Magdala and the other Miryam came to see the tomb.” Mattithyahu 28:1 The Scriptures “Now late on Sabbath, as it was getting dusk toward (the) first (day) of (the) week, came Mary the Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulcher” Matt.28: 1 Interlinear Greek-English NT
On “Easter”-Ishtar morning millions of “Xtians” will be celebrating at SUNrise services commemorating the resurrection of their “Christ Jesus”. But did Yahshua, the Jewish Messiah really rise from the dead on SUNday morning as has been taught by the “kirche”. Let us examine the Scriptures from a Hebrew perspective and find out the truth amid all this deception.
First, let us say that Yahshua was NOT impaled on Good Friday as taught by the Roman system. Yahshua was impaled on the stake on Wednesday morning at 9:00a.m. He gave up His spirit into the hands of the Father at 3:00 p.m.
If the Last Supper was on Tuesday evening, then on Wednesday when the Passover lambs were being slaughtered, Yahshua was killed on the stake. By the time the Jews were sitting at their Seder on Wednesday evening, Yahshua was in the tomb. For three whole days and nights He would remain in the tomb. This was THE SIGN OF Yonah that Yahshua spoke of in Matt.12: 38-40, Yonah 1:17.
· 17But YHWH appointed a great fish to swallow Yonah. And Yonah was in the stomach of the fish three days and three nights. Yonah 1:17
· 3 9But He answering, said to them, “A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Yonah. 40 “For as Yonah was three days and three nights in the stomach of the great fish, so shall the Son of Adam be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.Matt.12:39-40 Yahshua was laid in the tomb just prior to sunset Wednesday (Passover).If one can count to three, and then we arrive at a resurrection just at the END of the weekly Shabbat or Saturday evening at twilight. This was the exact time the wave sheaf was being cut or the FIRSTFRUIT OFFERING TO YAHWEH THAT YEAR! Lev.23: 10. Rav Shaul said the Messiah has become the FIRSTFRUITS of those who have fallen asleep in 1Cor.15: 20. In his book “The Life and Times of J-sus the Messiah” Alfred Edersheim (a Messianic Jew) tells us that the Passover wave sheaf was reaped the evening before it was offered .On Abib 14 the sheaf was already marked out and tied together in a bundle, still standing. Then ON the HIGH SHABBAT, just as the sun went down, three men, set to work cutting the sheaf. It can easily be long after sundown (especially on a full moon) when Shabbat actually begins and three stars are seen.
Also, since this is a priesthood function, it is legal to perform it on Shabbat.
But, some protest that the Scriptures say it was at dawn on the first day of the week! This is a mistranslation of the verse involved. The KEY is the Greek word: epiphosko #2020 in Strongs meaning “to grow light, to dawn, to draw on.” This would seem to indicate a SUNday morning resurrection. This word is also used in Luke 23:54 and is translated “drew near”.
· Now after the Sabbath, toward dawn on the first day of the week1 1, Miryam from Magdala and the other Miryam came to see the tomb.Matt.28:1
· 54 And it was Preparation day, and the Sabbath was approaching. Luke 23:54
· G2020 epiphosko ep-ee-foce'-ko A form of G2017; to begin to grow light: - begin to dawn, draw on.
1 First Day of the week: The underlying Greek text is “mia ton sabbaton”, which when literally translated means “one of the sabbath/s”, but is traditionally rendered as “first day of the week.” The term “first day of the week” is literally translated as “proté hemera tis hebdomata” in Greek, but nowhere appears as such in the N.T. There is a strong argument that “mia ton sabbaton” should be rendered according to Semitic idiom as “day one of the week”, and we have decided to retain the traditional rendering as “first day of the week”, in Scripture passages such as Mt. 28:1, Lk. 24:1, Yn. 20:1 etc., unless further light to the contrary is forthcoming., Since Shabbat begins at SUNDOWN, it is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to say this word in this verse means, “to dawn”.
No, jut as Shabbat drew near in Luke 23:54 so the first day of the week drew near in Matt.28: 1 or it was Saturday evening! Let us get a second witness to this truth! Look in Yochanan (John) 20:1,”
· ‘On the first day (the added word by the translators) of the week, Mary Magdalene came to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb.”
This was NOT SUNday morning, as it was still dark. The sun had already set and it was in the beginning hours of the new day and the new week, probably around 8 P.M. Yahshua was already raised from the grave and it was Saturday night!
SUMMARY: If we are diligent students of the Scriptures we can see through all the lies and deceptions that the Roman system has propagated for all these centuries and the daughters have accepted as truth. They have robbed Yahshua of the ONE SIGN that He said proved He was the Messiah of Yisrael! We as Messianic Yisrael do not need a substitute called “Easter-Ishtar/Ashtarte” to understand the TRUTH of the resurrection of our Messiah Yahshua from the tomb. Yahweh has given all the types, symbols, and shadows of Messiah in the Torah for us as Yisrael to be pointed to Yahshua as the Messiah. Yahshua is the goal of the Torah!

Edited by Justin Adams
added to

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.72

17 hours ago, chargedbyfa1th said:

Shalom...

thank you..

Jesus bless you..

I believe the Sabbath is of great importance in our worship of the Lord. The Sabbath is mentioned throughout scripture. I always ask people one question, Who can make a day holy?  The answer is only the Lord can do this for He is holy. There is only one day mentioned in scripture as being made holy and that is the Sabbath. That Sabbath is the seventh day known as Saturday on the Roman calendar. The observance of the Sabbath and or Sunday or some other day of the week has been discussed a good bit in this forum, each with our own set of beliefs. As you will see from your responses and from the responses to my post. Study the scriptures, pray over it and be led by the Lord in regards to this. If we love the Lord we are to keep his commandments. We should seek to please Him, so what will please him?  I pray God will guide you in this.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1