IGNORED

Should Christian keep the Sabbath? And what day we should keep the Sabbath?

chargedbyfa1th

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

20 hours ago, Mal'ak said:

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

I think that is an excellent verse to quote in this thread. Notice it says such men will be called "least" in the kingdom of heaven. But it is a very good thing for them that they are called anything in the kingdom of heaven. It means they are there, but may have gotten there "as through a fire" as described in 1 Cor 3:15.

I look at the ten commandments (and the dozens of commandments of Jesus) as rules a parent may give a child. That is, if you obey them, life will go very well for you. But if you don't, you're not written out of the will - it just means you are bringing a lot of hardship onto yourself. Remember, our best works are as filthy rags to the Lord. We obey his commandments as a show of respect for his wisdom, his love, and an acknowledgement that he is our father and wants the best for us. But it has nothing to do with salvation from death. That is taken care of through the blood of Jesus.

Edited by Still Alive

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

The burdensome sabbatical Jewish law was removed under the New Covenant. Because the Pharisees continually added to the law; they could not do any work, carry anything on the sabbath, or even walk over a quarter mile, under penalty of death. The Jew's are referred to as the "Saturday people", while Christian's are called the "Sunday people". It's quite a long explanation of how and why those days were chosen. If you'll read the entire chapter of Matthew 12:, I'm sure that will answer many of your questions about the Sabbath.

Matthew 12:11 (KJV) And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?

We are to dedicate one day a week for the Lord's day (everyday is the Lord's Day), so that man (and women) and beast may rest and refresh themselves. I think the creation account might be symbolic also. The Lord spoke (exhaled) everything into existence. The Lord never gets exhausted or tired, but on the 7th day He rested (inhaled) and was refreshed. We can rest assured the Sabbath is for our benefit. 

Edited by Dennis1209

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Still Alive said:

I think that is an excellent verse to quote in this thread. Notice it says such men will be called "least" in the kingdom of heaven. But it is a very good thing for them that they are called anything in the kingdom of heaven. It means they are there, but may have gotten there "as through a fire" as described in 1 Cor 3:15.

I look at the ten commandments (and the dozens of commandments of Jesus) as rules a parent may give a child. That is, if you obey them, life will go very well for you. But if you don't, you're not written out of the will - it just means you are bringing a lot of hardship onto yourself. Remember, our best works are as filthy rags to the Lord. We obey his commandments as a show of respect for his wisdom, his love, and an acknowledgement that he is our father and wants the best for us. But it has nothing to do with salvation from death. That is taken care of through the blood of Jesus.

2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 Corinthians 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

2 Corinthians 5:3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Revelation 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 

Exactly.  Like the conversation I was having with 'other one', which believes you just need to believe in Jesus and love God/Neighbor as the only two things in the entire Word of God to follow.  I do not believe that idea or not following the sabbath will put you in Hell of course, since we can repent of our sin, but as you pointed out many of these Christian babes will be least in Heaven. Which is fine, that is their measure, and better to be least in Heaven then to be lord in Hell.

When we talk about being "least" in Heaven, the scripture that points to this is our spiritual clothing.  Jesus being perfect and God, is "clothed with a garment down to the foot", which means there is no skin showing on his spiritual body.  As we see in 2 Corinthians we as Christians want spiritual clothing so we are not found "naked", in Revelation 3 we learn that those that overcome and found in the Book of Life to gain eternal life will be "clothed in white raiment".  Lastly in Revelation 16 we learn the importance of spiritual clothing for those that did not watch and prepare themselves will lose their garments and be naked to show their "shame", which spiritual nakedness being the shame of not doing what we are suppose to do here on Earth we can conclude when Jesus talks about "least" in Heaven it will be those with little clothing.  So while someone like Paul the Apostle will be in eternity with a white robe covering most of his body, others that didn't do as they were suppose too but still went to Heaven as they were not evil will be in eternity with the shame of being naked or maybe wearing a loin cloth.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, Mal'ak said:

2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 Corinthians 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

2 Corinthians 5:3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Revelation 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 

Exactly.  Like the conversation I was having with 'other one', which believes you just need to believe in Jesus and love God/Neighbor as the only two things in the entire Word of God to follow.  I do not believe that idea or not following the sabbath will put you in Hell of course, since we can repent of our sin, but as you pointed out many of these Christian babes will be least in Heaven. Which is fine, that is their measure, and better to be least in Heaven then to be lord in Hell.

When we talk about being "least" in Heaven, the scripture that points to this is our spiritual clothing.  Jesus being perfect and God, is "clothed with a garment down to the foot", which means there is no skin showing on his spiritual body.  As we see in 2 Corinthians we as Christians want spiritual clothing so we are not found "naked", in Revelation 3 we learn that those that overcome and found in the Book of Life to gain eternal life will be "clothed in white raiment".  Lastly in Revelation 16 we learn the importance of spiritual clothing for those that did not watch and prepare themselves will lose their garments and be naked to show their "shame", which spiritual nakedness being the shame of not doing what we are suppose to do here on Earth we can conclude when Jesus talks about "least" in Heaven it will be those with little clothing.  So while someone like Paul the Apostle will be in eternity with a white robe covering most of his body, others that didn't do as they were suppose too but still went to Heaven as they were not evil will be in eternity with the shame of being naked or maybe wearing a loin cloth.

I agree, and will add this: I doubt anyone will be "fully clothed" based on that. ;)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 8/7/2019 at 2:40 PM, other one said:

read Matthew chapter 25 starting about verse 30 and it lists people who are going to hell and why.....   you tell me which of the ten commandments those people broke.....

you keep posting to keep his commandments but which commandments is he referring to????        the ones that were broken in Matthew chapter are his two, not the ten.

Well by quoting Matthew Chapter 25 you have proven you cherry pick, that is probably the worse Chapter to point to for your case.  But even in your cherry picking to prove a tradition of man, you missed something.

Matthew 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

As Jesus said "John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."  Jesus is the truth and he preached much more then "believe me and Love", this is the milk of the Word of God, the basics.

Matthew 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

Matthew 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

Matthew 25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

Matthew 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

But why picking Matthew 25 is a bad idea, is that the rest of the chapter says the complete opposite of what you are saying.  The first parable in the chapter is the virgins; five were wise and learned and prepared themselves by Studying the Word of God on how to be Christians, while the five foolish did nothing and said "all I need to do is believe" but when Jesus came they were rejected and he did not know them.  So having the gift of faith, being a "virgin", is not enough if you do not have the oil to burn your spiritual "light" in the world.

Matthew 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Of course you made sure to say "after verse 30", most Christians hate this parable.  Because while the virgin parable talks about learning how to be a Christian and walking a righteous path, the servants and traveling master parable talks about needing works or you will be "cast...into outer darkness".  All three parables say they will be rejected, not just the last parable about the stranger, hungry, etc.

So with all three parables of Chapter 25:

1.  Learn how to be righteous, to prepare yourself for Jesus's coming.

2. Do works

3. Help and comfort others.

Edited by George
Removed a few sentences that were against the ToS.
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

pfft

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

On 8/5/2019 at 10:13 AM, chargedbyfa1th said:

Shalom...

Should we Christians keep the Sabbath? And what day we should keep the Sabbath? I'm still confused..

If you also have the Bible verse references please quote them.. :)

thank you..

Jesus bless you..

Hi chargedbyfaith,

I have been pondering this question for years. And, still no good answer.

God, in creating this world, created everything in 6 days and rested on the seventh. This we all agree on.

Here is the big question:

How do we know which day He rested on?

There were NO calendars when God created everything.

When did the first calendar come about? I read somewhere not till about 2400 BC....the Sumer calendar.

So.......what do we really know?

God says we are to work SIX days and rest on the SEVENTH. That's what He did.

And that's all I really know!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

7 minutes ago, JoeCanada said:

Hi chargedbyfaith,

God says we are to work SIX days and rest on the SEVENTH. That's what He did.

And that's all I really know! 

Good morning JoeCanada.

I've been where you are in this topic and many others. There are so many voices out there and so many differing opinions with opposing views on everything, that I decided to do a comprehensive study on my own. Over the years I bought a library full of study aids and they have been so valuable in seeking God's wisdom and HIS truth as I prayed and studied.

I am now not only a Sabbath keeper for over 12 years, but I obey the law - the 10 commandments, which includes the Sabbath. I see the Law as our Declaration of Independence from sin that we'll be judged by after the rapture - if we're included.

I would suggest you do a comprehensive study on your own to let GOD speak to you and allow the Holy Spirit to lead you into all truth. God say's it's His job.

I could quote all kinds of scriptures to you about the validity of honoring the Sabbath, but I'm sure many others here would come against my use of scripture with their own as I have seen here so many times. Let God speak His truth to you. It's a lot of work, but your salvation and eternal life is worth it.

God bless you as you seek out the truth to honor God and bring glory to His name - Dave

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,935
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/7/2019 at 7:21 PM, Tzephanyahu said:

If Yahweh was going to annul the Sabbath, I'm sure He would have had the Messiah tell us and the apostles talk about it clearly.

On 8/7/2019 at 8:37 PM, Justin Adams said:

"Ha Ha! That's really funny. No! They did not forget." "The are just a stiff-necked bunch brother Mo."

On 8/7/2019 at 9:14 PM, Mal'ak said:

We are told to keep the sabbath "for ever", as it says in verse 17.  The sabbath "is a sign between me and you throughout your generations;

On 8/7/2019 at 10:03 PM, pinacled said:

Shabbat is like a birthday.Do you curse the day you were born?

21 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

We can rest assured the Sabbath is for our benefit. 

There are 613 Mitzvot of the Torah and the rule is YOU TAKE IT ALL OR LEAVE ALL. 

Please folks dont ever think we are smarter than Paul regarding the knowledge of Torah, Paul, if he has not converted would drag all of us the smart christians to jail if we live in the early church of the apostles for breaking the TORAH COMMANDMENTS.  Because Paul knew better about the Law.

Acts 22:3 "I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city. I studied under Gamaliel and was thoroughly trained in the law of our ancestors.

This Torah Commandments which we think we know better than Paul has been put to graves with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, God has torn down the curtain at the Temple of God, He has a New Covenant in Jesus Christ : 1. Love God 2. Love your neighbour.

Dont try to dig the old grave of Torah, flesh are not justified even doing the 613 Mitzvot

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not ajustified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law (Torah) shall no flesh be justified.

This is what Paul said about Sabbath, if you feel you know Bible better than Paul who wrote most of the NT, go ahead.

Colossians 2: 16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Praise God! 1
  • Oy Vey! 2

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Torah is God's mind. Sabbath is before Torah. Sabbath is before sin came. Sabbath IS forever.

Paul is talking of the various feasts and PAGAN stuff the Judaizers were thrusting on the church. Read Colosians carefully, it is full of admonitions against pagan practices.

Know your scriptures very well before you dare admonish others.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1