Mike Mclees

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.82
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus said "And this is eternal life that you know Him the one true God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent. Those that believe upon Jesus will have eternal life, but what does that mean. We know very little about Heaven or to pass from mortal to immortal. 

Ever since I was saved I wanted to know more about God and why the church was so scattered into many denomination. I was not a local church person but seeing the church as one whole body of Christ. This hunger for the big picture is still with me after 35 yrs. Today I am fascinated with Gods creation. The scientists and the big thinkers have made great strides in scaling the universe with great telescopes but will not submit to God as the creator of all we can see and not see. They claim the universe is ever expanding at the speed of light. This is not to say our Galaxy is expanding but the whole universe of galaxy's. millions of them.  To cross the whole expanse of the universe would be impossible seeing it would take millions of lifetimes not to mention again the ever expanding universe. They all many theories but they will never grasp the answers to the complexity of it all. Still they will not say the Word God.

So it all invented itself, but to get back to the subject of eternal life. You see not until we have eternal Life will anyone grasp it. This is why Jesus rose again so that we all who believe could know eternal life. For if any man come to God he must believe that God is and is a rewarder of those who will diligently seek Him.

John 1:1-14 King James Version (KJV)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,691
  • Content Per Day:  2.40
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Jesus said "And this is eternal life that you know Him the one true God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent.

Jesus is telling us that to know the Heavenly Father, you must believe that he is the Christ, that he is send from God...

That he and God are together...

He is saying that no one can have God without believing in him..

John 3: 16, is saying the same...

Jesus said; I am the ETERNAL LIFE, anyone who believes in me, has me, has the Eternal Life...is in the eternal life..

Adam had the Life, he had what his creator had, what he had he gave him...

Adam was on his own...it depended upon his obedience...his disobedience resulted in him loosing the life...

This what we don't need...

We need the Life of God to depend not in our own obedience but in Jesus Christ obedience...

As he is we are...

He is righteous, we are righteous, he has the Eternal Life now, he has pass the test of his obedience ...he went to the Cross on perfect obedience...

This is how it has to do with us...if we disobey but he remains obedient, and we are still in his eternal life..

We sin but he remains righteous....

As he is we are, in his imputed righteousness...

Our own righteousness has it's ups and down...

This is why for us is call eternal...as long as we believe we are in life, we never die, unless he dies first...

Adam die because of his disobedience, because he had the burden to remain in the life, on his own obedience...

He was on his own, but we are not...

WE ARE IN JESUS CHRIST, who has died and payed the price for our disobedience and our sins...

Adam did not have that...

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.92
  • Days Won:  226

22 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Jesus said "And this is eternal life that you know Him the one true God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent. Those that believe upon Jesus will have eternal life, but what does that mean. We know very little about Heaven or to pass from mortal to immortal. 

Ever since I was saved I wanted to know more about God and why the church was so scattered into many denomination. I was not a local church person but seeing the church as one whole body of Christ. This hunger for the big picture is still with me after 35 yrs. Today I am fascinated with Gods creation. The scientists and the big thinkers have made great strides in scaling the universe with great telescopes but will not submit to God as the creator of all we can see and not see. They claim the universe is ever expanding at the speed of light. This is not to say our Galaxy is expanding but the whole universe of galaxy's. millions of them.  To cross the whole expanse of the universe would be impossible seeing it would take millions of lifetimes not to mention again the ever expanding universe. They all many theories but they will never grasp the answers to the complexity of it all. Still they will not say the Word God.

So it all invented itself, but to get back to the subject of eternal life. You see not until we have eternal Life will anyone grasp it. This is why Jesus rose again so that we all who believe could know eternal life. For if any man come to God he must believe that God is and is a rewarder of those who will diligently seek Him.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Eternal life is an existence that goes on forever and ever never ending. The born again believer will be spending their eternal life with God . The unbeliever will be spending their eternal life in hell. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.92
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Eternal life is a promise for believers...

1 John 2:25 New King James Version (NKJV)

25 And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life.

But unbelievers will also have an eternal life existence in hell. But a very different existence. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,691
  • Content Per Day:  2.40

5 hours ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Eternal life is a promise for believers...

1 John 2:25 New King James Version (NKJV)

25 And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life.

7 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

John 10:28 King James Version (KJV)

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

It’s a gift of life without end.  … a spiritual life of pure happiness.  HalleluYAH!

9A6F76BE-8C1A-484E-BEBE-054948551ADC.gif.35cd0428e25b2081729c38bfa730708c.gif

Eternal Life is that we never die...spiritually...

Adam had the Life of God, but later he had death in him, because of his disobedience...

We have the Eternal Life...if we disobey or sin we are still in the Eternal Life...

Spiritual Death, came to Adam, but it can never come to us....

We can never be separated from Jesus Christ, spiritually we are always in his Life...

We can never die spiritually...we are always in his Life...

When in the presence of God, we live....

In the old worship to step in the Holy Place, if you were not a Priest it was death....or great punishment upon and cut off from God...

In the Most Holy place it was death to anyone...with the exception of the Priests for service....

Because Everyone was still in death....He only gave them righteousness but he did not restored them to Life....it could not be...

The Christ will do that....

Jesus said, if I do not die nothing will be accomplished...

We are in the Life of Jesus Christ....we can be with him, because we believe in him...not only in the after life, even now from this life....

God wants us to be with him...that's why he send Jesus Christ his Son...not only to die for the forgiveness of our sins, but to also give us the Eternal Life....

John 3:16...

In Jesus Christ there is no more: "the wages of sins is death", we are in the Life all the time, that's why is called Eternal Life....

As He is so we are, in his name....

That's why Jesus said:

I give you not just Life, but I also forgiveness of sins in my name, and I put you in my hand....

I put Adam in the Garden.. Who had the burden to remain in the Life, by remaining in righteousness with his own obedience....

But we are righteous in his name, we have Jesus Christ righteousness by faith...we also have of his Life....we will always be in his Life, because we will always be in his imputed righteousness...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,676
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 8/5/2019 at 7:11 PM, Mike Mclees said:

The diligence of seeking is also described here

2 Tim 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
KJV

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

literally what else could one desire?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

On 8/5/2019 at 8:11 PM, Mike Mclees said:

In the beginning man had access to the Tree of Life. This is how one lives forever. Man is not in and of himself immortal and will never be. He will always be reliant on the Father for life. Paul tells us that God gives, (present tense) life to all things. In Job we read that if God was to retrieve his breath all flesh would die. Jesus said in the Revelation He gave to John that He would give to eat of the Tree of life to those who overcome. Eternal life is to live forever. However, to do so one must have access to the Tree of Life.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.82
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Butch5 said:

In the beginning man had access to the Tree of Life. This is how one lives forever. Man is not in and of himself immortal and will never be. He will always be reliant on the Father for life. Paul tells us that God gives, (present tense) life to all things. In Job we read that if God was to retrieve his breath all flesh would die. Jesus said in the Revelation He gave to John that He would give to eat of the Tree of life to those who overcome. Eternal life is to live forever. However, to do so one must have access to the Tree of Life.

Our time to partake of the Tree of Life will not be in this dispensation. That right was lost with the fall of many. It will be restored to us when we come into Gods KIngdon people. This is revealed in Revelations when the New Jerusalem  comes down. 

You are right man on his own cannot receive eternal but when we believe you receive the right of having eternal life and to partake of it in Gods kingdom to  those who overcome come is a key  as stated by you. The over comers will be the Bride of Christ, For they overcame him ( satan ) by the blood of the Lamb, and the word of their testimony, and love not their life unto the death. 

As Jesus said not all shall enter the Kingdom of heaven but those who do the will of the Father. Very few understand what Eternal Life is. Most don't think about how vast the universe is. No fleshly man not matter How wise he believes he is will ever be able to grasp it. Until one has known eteral life will he understand ernity. The want erase God and arrogantly believe they can get the answers, But man being a fleshly being his generation run out and a new generation begins. And so they also fall. 

There are no more generations with eternal Life and man shall be limitless in knowing the universe. All that fleshly man beieves he knows will be put to not

1 Corinthians 15:52-54 King James Version (KJV)

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

for t 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.03
  • Days Won:  21

Anyone reading this that has not the assurance of everlasting life, know this please: 

Yeshua/Jesus, God's Son, died for us all while we did not know about Him or recognize Him.
He came to give us life eternal and bring us into God's family.

Find out about Yeshua/Jesus soon, because your life depends on it.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36

Jesus is eternal life.

If you have Him, (born again) you have eternal life.

• Thanks 1