• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hello everyone. I could really use some encouragement right now. I am recently married and both my husband and I are believers. However, we are struggling to have faith right now. We both have dead-end jobs, and according to my and my family's personal beliefs, I (as the wife and help-meet) am not really supposed to be working. However, it would be impossible for us to survive without both of our incomes. While I am grateful for my job, I absolutely hate it and dread going to work every day. The job is easy enough, but it's rough hours and extremely mind-numbing. Furthermore, it's only a temporary job, so I'll eventually have to find something else, but my very spirit rebels against finding another dead-end job that is not fruitful and has nothing to do with helping my faith to grow. I want to be a writer of Christian literature and I'm in college, but have changed my major multiple times because everyone tells me that the things I am passionate about won't pay the bills. My husband is discouraged about being a provider and is questioning whether he will ever be able to provide for us. I try to encourage him, but it isn't working. On top of all this, I'm having pregnancy symptoms and am extremely frustrated because every test so far has come up negative. I don't know what to do at this point, especially since my mother would look down upon the prospect of bringing a child into the equation, and I know that everyone around me (except my husband) would try to discourage me and tell me how hard everything will get instead of being supportive. We keep praying and reading and praying some more for answers, but nothing happens. Please, help. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

7 minutes ago, EvMcgevs said:

Hello everyone. I could really use some encouragement right now. I am recently married and both my husband and I are believers. However, we are struggling to have faith right now. We both have dead-end jobs, and according to my and my family's personal beliefs, I (as the wife and help-meet) am not really supposed to be working. However, it would be impossible for us to survive without both of our incomes. While I am grateful for my job, I absolutely hate it and dread going to work every day. The job is easy enough, but it's rough hours and extremely mind-numbing. Furthermore, it's only a temporary job, so I'll eventually have to find something else, but my very spirit rebels against finding another dead-end job that is not fruitful and has nothing to do with helping my faith to grow. I want to be a writer of Christian literature and I'm in college, but have changed my major multiple times because everyone tells me that the things I am passionate about won't pay the bills. My husband is discouraged about being a provider and is questioning whether he will ever be able to provide for us. I try to encourage him, but it isn't working. On top of all this, I'm having pregnancy symptoms and am extremely frustrated because every test so far has come up negative. I don't know what to do at this point, especially since my mother would look down upon the prospect of bringing a child into the equation, and I know that everyone around me (except my husband) would try to discourage me and tell me how hard everything will get instead of being supportive. We keep praying and reading and praying some more for answers, but nothing happens. Please, help. 

I understand that it is very difficult financially if the husband and wife are not both working. God does not work in our timing. We want instant answers and God does not work that way. Continue to pray for your needs. Have faith and trust that God is with you in this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Try to look on the bright side of things so you won't be drawn into a negative mindset.   It's a blessing your husband is a Christian, both of you are working, you are attending college, you have shelter, food, etc.

About the dead end jobs, is it possible for you and your husband to look for other types of work?

About your major....since you are interested in writing...what about a journalism major?   You could possibly find work in publishing, tv news stations and do your Christian literature on the side until you get established.    Just a thought....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,382
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

As husband and wife you're one flesh. It's fine to stay in contact with your families and in laws, especially if doing so is a net positive for both of you, but at the end of the day you two have your own lives to lead. You're free to make your own decisions and if they don't like it, that's something they have to deal with. Anyway you might want to look into working from home at some point. It could expand your options a little. Just be aware that there are a lot of scams. It will take a lot of digging to find something favorable, and when you do find something there's generally a wider range of competition for any given job.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

7 hours ago, EvMcgevs said:

Hello everyone. I could really use some encouragement right now. I am recently married and both my husband and I are believers. However, we are struggling to have faith right now. We both have dead-end jobs.

However, it would be impossible for us to survive without both of our incomes. While I am grateful for my job, I absolutely hate it and dread going to work every day. The job is easy enough, but it's rough hours and extremely mind-numbing, that is not fruitful and has nothing to do with helping my faith to grow.  I'm in college, but have changed my major multiple times because everyone tells me that the things I am passionate about won't pay the bills.

My husband is discouraged about being a provider and is questioning whether he will ever be able to provide for us. I try to encourage him, but it isn't working.

On top of all this, I'm having pregnancy symptoms and am extremely frustrated because every test so far has come up negative.

We keep praying and reading and praying some more for answers, but nothing happens. Please, help.

A help mate is what you are. You are helping to pay the bills, keep house and encourage your husband.

Just what more does your family think you should be doing?

You want a job that will challenge your faith. OK, talk to your work collegues, ask them questions, find out why they bewlieve what they believe and what evidence they have for those beliefs and contrast what the believe with what biblical Christianity believes. Note I said biblical, not what your churc or denomination believes.

It takes faith to challenge the worldly mind set of our neighbours and work collegues, do you have the faith to do it?

If your husband is constantly discouraged, is having trouble motivating himself, get him to a doctor.

I am afraid you have to make up your mind. Do you want to be pregnant or not?

May I suggest you concentrate on getting your husband through his education and into a better paying job.

Then finish your course and start thinking about starting a family.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

EvMcgevs,

Joshua 1:9, “Do not be afraid or discouraged, for I, the Lord your God, am with you wherever you go.”

I just want to encourage you that God designed you for a specific purpose. Others in our life may think they know what is best for us. But in the end the question is What does God want you to do? You want to follow your passion which is writing Christian Literature. I don’t believe this feeling you have for writing came out of nowhere.  Right now you may feel you’re at a dead end job, but timing is everything in God’s plan. Your being at this particular place may be of benefit to a specific person(s) who happen to be working there.  We never know who we influence around us while just being ourselves.  Please don’t lose hope. God will present an opportunity for you that won’t waste the potential living inside of yourself.

Also, I don’t believe that your encouraging words and presence are not helping your husband. If strangers can offer encouragement that helps you (it does me), then your husband who loves your and vice versa counts those words of love as very meaningful.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 8/6/2019 at 1:26 PM, EvMcgevs said:

1 Peter 4:19, "Therefore let those who suffer according to God's will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good."

Isaiah 40:31 - But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Try also to consult with your local pastor or anyone in church..

Will pray for you

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/6/2019 at 6:26 AM, EvMcgevs said:

I could really use some encouragement right now. I am recently married and both my husband and I are believers. However, we are struggling to have faith right now. We both have dead-end jobs, and according to my and my family's personal beliefs, I (as the wife and help-meet) am not really supposed to be working. However, it would be impossible for us to survive without both of our incomes. While I am grateful for my job, I absolutely hate it and dread going to work every day. The job is easy enough, but it's rough hours and extremely mind-numbing.

I am sad to hear you feel that way, it the job is a problem then go and get another job, find out what you do like. Do not leave the job first and then look for another, stay in your current job until you get another one. DO work placements to find what you like and explore job descriptions. Good luck, and just remember that it pays the bills.