douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

John 7:1 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.

7:2 Now the Jew's feast of tabernacles was at hand.

7:3 His brethren therefore said unto him, Depart hence, and go into Judaea, that thy disciples also may see the works that thou doest.

7:4 For there is no man that doeth any thing in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly. If thou do these things, shew thyself to the world.

7:5 For neither did his brethren believe in him.

Here is another clear case of scripture showing that Jesus had brothers. The brethren could not be disciples because they are differentiated in the text in John 7:3. In John 7:5 brethren could not mean a disciple because they did not believe in him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,810
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Well, technically they were half brothers.  LOL!  Same mom, different dad. :laugh:

He also had at least two sisters.  But we don't know their names.

Mark 6:3 = "Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and the brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not his sisters here with us?' And they were offended at him.

Edited by Jayne
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Hi Douge,
I also found two more verses showing Jesus had brothers and sisters:

• Mark 6:3, "Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and the brother of James, Joses, Judas and Simon? And are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him."
  •  Matthew 12:46-50, “While he was still talking to the multitudes, one said to him, ‘Look, Your mother and your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak to you.’ But he answered and said to the one who told him, ‘Who is my mother and who are my brothers?’ And he stretched out his hand toward his disciples and said, ‘Here are my mother and my brothers!  For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, lovethelord said:

Hi Douge,
I also found two more verses showing Jesus had brothers and sisters:

• Mark 6:3, "Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and the brother of James, Joses, Judas and Simon? And are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him."
  •  Matthew 12:46-50, “While he was still talking to the multitudes, one said to him, ‘Look, Your mother and your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak to you.’ But he answered and said to the one who told him, ‘Who is my mother and who are my brothers?’ And he stretched out his hand toward his disciples and said, ‘Here are my mother and my brothers!  For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

Hello

Thanks for your comments....John 7 only deals with his brothers but these other related verses are welcomed and relevant

9 hours ago, Jayne said:

Well, technically they were half brothers.  LOL!  Same mom, different dad. :laugh:

He also had at least two sisters.  But we don't know their names.

Mark 6:3 = "Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and the brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not his sisters here with us?' And they were offended at him.

Hello

There is no scripture about that....however they would be half brothers if Mary were the mother because Joseph was not a biological father

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

Mary was just a normal woman with sexual life, a part from being described as a chastise virgin.

• Thumbs Up 1