Rivers

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I was filled with the holy ghost/spirit 7 years ago and it was awesome I had joy peace and I new for certain I was loved by god. After about 2 years I lost all the fruits of the spirit had no joy peace and felt like the holy ghost just left me maybe I greived the holy spirit or maybe he is just quiet but I haven't felt the holy ghost or felt like I even have the holy ghost in years. Since then I've had many mental breakdowns and was told i was demon possessed by my pasture. She tried to deliver me from the demons and said a few have left but I still have 1 left. We've tried multiple times and and she still thinks i have a demon in me. I was told if you have the holy ghost you cant be demon possessed. So that would have to mean if she's rite then I dont have the holy ghost anymore. I was wondering if I would ever get the holy ghost back or if maybe she is wrong and I still have the holy ghost but he's just been quite for years I really dont know and would appreciate some elders advice. Thanks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Cud u give more picture as to how u hv been filled with Holy Spirit ?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

When I was 14 or 15 me and my parents was invited to church it wasn't my first time in church but it was my first in along time in the middle of church I felt led to get up and fo to the alter so I did and I started confessing my sins and I bursted into tears and felt this warm love and lightness like I was floating I felt light as a feather. I didnt speak in tounges or start shaking or anything like that but I knew it was from god.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

If you were demon "possessed" you would not be in control of your actions and maybe not even self aware to an extent "Oppression" and "possession" are two different things. If she told you that you are possessed, she doesn't know what she's talking about.

• Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Train urself with regular fasting, at least once a week try to fast 24 hours a day with drinking pure water only n do it regularly Twice a week n u Will see the spiritual strength.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,382
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Pray and get yourself into a good church. If your present church isn't doing it for you then you really need to examine yourself and your hobbies and/or start looking for a different one.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

If you ever had the Holy Spirit in you ,you can rest in this Promise and find peace—- “ I will NEVER leave or forsake you”

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 hours ago, Rivers said:

I was filled with the holy ghost/spirit 7 years ago and it was awesome I had joy peace and I new for certain I was loved by god. After about 2 years I lost all the fruits of the spirit had no joy peace and felt like the holy ghost just left me maybe I greived the holy spirit or maybe he is just quiet but I haven't felt the holy ghost or felt like I even have the holy ghost in years. Since then I've had many mental breakdowns and was told i was demon possessed by my pasture. She tried to deliver me from the demons and said a few have left but I still have 1 left. We've tried multiple times and and she still thinks i have a demon in me. I was told if you have the holy ghost you cant be demon possessed. So that would have to mean if she's rite then I dont have the holy ghost anymore. I was wondering if I would ever get the holy ghost back or if maybe she is wrong and I still have the holy ghost but he's just been quite for years I really dont know and would appreciate some elders advice. Thanks.

Hi Rivers,

Sorry to read about your troubles but they are actually working for good, to teach you to trust in God no matter what is happening and no matter how you are feeling. 

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR YOU, Rivers:

The Holy Spirit has not left you. I repeat, the Holy Spirit has not left you. If the Holy Spirit had left you we would not be having this conversation, and you would not be the least bit concerned about the Holy Spirit.

You may have lost the joy and the peace of the Holy Spirit and the reason for this will be revealed to you in due course as you learn more about spiritual warfare and the need to put on spiritual armour in order to counter the attacks of Satan and his demons.

Back in Paul's day the congregation at Ephesus strayed from the number one rule of Christian faith, "Love the Lord you God with all your heart, and soul, and strength, and mind;"  but God gave them the opportunity to repent and return to serving Him out of love for Him.

Rev 2:1-7
(1)  "To the angel of the church of Ephesus write, 'These things says He who holds the seven stars in His right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden lampstands:
(2)  "I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars;
(3)  and you have persevered and have patience, and have labored for My name's sake and have not become weary.
(4)  Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love.
(5)  Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent.
(6)  But this you have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
(7)  "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God." '

I hope and pray you will keep trusting God, and that you will allow Jesus to lead you through the valley of the shadow of death and into His green pastures beside His still waters.

Love from Michael37.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

6 hours ago, Rivers said:

When I was 14 or 15 me and my parents was invited to church it wasn't my first time in church but it was my first in along time in the middle of church I felt led to get up and fo to the alter so I did and I started confessing my sins and I bursted into tears and felt this warm love and lightness like I was floating I felt light as a feather. I didnt speak in tounges or start shaking or anything like that but I knew it was from god.

Since you were confessing your sins and believing on the Lord as your Savior, this was when you were born again (saved).   The Holy Spirit then entered your heart/life.   The Holy Spirit will never leave you.

Also, we do not go by feelings.   Feelings can come and go.   Instead we believe what God has said in the Bible....have faith in what He has promised us.   That means don't have faith in feelings but have faith in God.

A Christian cannot become demon possessed.   A Christian might be oppressed but never possessed.

I agree with the others who recommend you find a new church.   Look for a good Bible teaching church with loving members.   Perhaps the combination of going by your feelings and a pastor telling you that you have demons has led to your mental breakdowns?    A pastor should know that a Christian can't be demon possessed.   Please seek a new church.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1