Rivers

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Other believers have felt the same way when going through the trials in this life. It isn't an unusual experience for a Christian to feel that God is far away. I do think it is a mistake to assume the person who feels God has abandoned them that they have sinned or that there is sin in their life and therefore the reason for the feeling. The original poster may simply be going through a difficult time in his / her life and wondering where God is in all of it. This reminds me of the poem “footprints in the sand”

One night I dreamed a dream. As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me, I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life, especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it. "Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way. But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life, there was only one set of footprints. I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you Never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

I suggest you find another assembly of spirit filled believers. Get a few MEN that you trust to pray over you and they should be able to tell you what is what.

You current pastor does not seem to cut the mustard for a few reasons I will not go into here.

So if you are serious, find some strong men (and women, if with the men) and see what happens.

We understand so little of the spirit world, so we rely on The Holy Spirit to guide us.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,771
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Their are myriads of peoples telling people that the presence of God is verified by feelings, signs, etc.... How about that fact that God is not a liar and whatever God says He does

Rev 3:20

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
KJV

Heb 13:5

5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
KJV
another heads up -the Bible says only a man can be a pastor... so your church has left the authority of God's Word and is something other... The only thing that delivers 'IS' God's Word and the Holy Spirit Who utilizes it to bring us closer to The Lord Jesus... Are you in the Scriptures daily?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

18 hours ago, Rivers said:

I was filled with the holy ghost/spirit 7 years ago and it was awesome I had joy peace and I new for certain I was loved by god. After about 2 years I lost all the fruits of the spirit had no joy peace and felt like the holy ghost just left me maybe I greived the holy spirit or maybe he is just quiet but I haven't felt the holy ghost or felt like I even have the holy ghost in years. Since then I've had many mental breakdowns and was told i was demon possessed by my pasture. She tried to deliver me from the demons and said a few have left but I still have 1 left. We've tried multiple times and and she still thinks i have a demon in me. I was told if you have the holy ghost you cant be demon possessed. So that would have to mean if she's rite then I dont have the holy ghost anymore. I was wondering if I would ever get the holy ghost back or if maybe she is wrong and I still have the holy ghost but he's just been quite for years I really dont know and would appreciate some elders advice. Thanks.

The Holy Spirit is in all of us. We need to be in constant prayer, as Paul taught us (1 Thess 5:17), or we don't hear what he says. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

20 hours ago, Rivers said:

When I was 14 or 15 me and my parents was invited to church it wasn't my first time in church but it was my first in along time in the middle of church I felt led to get up and fo to the alter so I did and I started confessing my sins and I bursted into tears and felt this warm love and lightness like I was floating I felt light as a feather. I didnt speak in tounges or start shaking or anything like that but I knew it was from god.

I think you need to get out of that church .     Something is all wrong and if we sit under folks that teach error it can quench the Spirit .

My advice is pray more , read the bible more and learn that pattern well .    Because I already saw a problem .

Paul said very clear , I suffer not a woman to teach nor ursurp authority over the man .    Also my advice is to stop the reading of any other books , IF you are ,

and focus ONLY on the bible .     The more we are in tune with HIM and the more built up with pure sound doctrine we are ,   the more prepared we are

for all out battle .    Just start fresh and new in the bible .     And all will be praying for you .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

21 hours ago, Rivers said:

I was told if you have the holy ghost you cant be demon possessed.

14 hours ago, Debp said:

A Christian cannot become demon possessed.   A Christian might be oppressed but never possessed.

I'm sorry that you're having these experiences, but what you and Deb have posted here are true. I'm praying for you to be able to find a more effective ministry to bring about some freedom in the Spirit. You're extremely bound from reading the post you've submitted. God bless you. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Can y'all give me scripture that says we cannot be possessed if we have been filled with the holy ghost because I believe I was filled with the holy ghost but my parents and my "old" pasture she also thinks I was possessed a few years after getting the holy ghost. I dont know what to believe tbh I was very delusional and out of it when I had the mental breakdowns and had a time where a whole week or so went by and didnt remember any of it. So if you cant be possessed if you are a Christian and filled with the holy ghost (which I am) is true then y do they think this and y did I go through this they did diagnose me with schizophrenia. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thank you all for you advise and prayers

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

You know rivers, in the Christian culture there are different opinions about being saved and receiving the Holy Spirit. Once saved always saved, inviting Jesus into your heart, just believing, etc.

According to scripture and what I have accepted is Acts 2:38, where we receive the Holy Spirit as a Gift after we are baptized.

If you haven't been baptized, you have never received the Holy Spirit.

As for your early experience in church thinking you received the Holy Spirit, the bible says satan can come to us as an angel of light.

If we don't start out in our walk with a solid foundation, we can end up with all kinds of false beliefs and problems.

Simply pray to God that he will lead you in all truth and seek nothing but the truth from God, for "The truth will set you free", not anyone's opinion, even mine.

I know there are different opinions here about this. I'm just sharing my opinion. Not a devisive person or argumentative, so be kind in your response if you disagree.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

44 minutes ago, Rivers said:

Can y'all give me scripture that says we cannot be possessed if we have been filled with the holy ghost because I believe I was filled with the holy ghost but my parents and my "old" pasture she also thinks I was possessed a few years after getting the holy ghost. I dont know what to believe tbh I was very delusional and out of it when I had the mental breakdowns and had a time where a whole week or so went by and didnt remember any of it. So if you cant be possessed if you are a Christian and filled with the holy ghost (which I am) is true then y do they think this and y did I go through this they did diagnose me with schizophrenia. 

Since you're asking for scripture, this one comes to mind. 

1 John 5:18  We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that the wicked one toucheth him not.  KJV

And I'm not sure if this ministers to your need specifically. How about this one. 

Isaiah 26:3  Thou shall keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.  KJV

I can personally testify to the truth of this one on peace. Sounds as if you could use some. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1