Rivers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

While not speaking about being filled with the Spirit specifically, I Corinthians 10:21 says very plainly you can't be eating at the table of God and the table of demons at the same time, which echoes something Jesus said, that a man can't serve two masters. It's relevant here. And if you look at Mark 16:17 Jesus mentions that believers will speak in tongues and cast out demons. Both of these seem to rule out the prospect of someone filled with the Spirit being possessed. Again, I'm going to stress the importance of prayer and getting into a good church. I agree with Naomi that the devil tries to keep us confused and doubting. One of the best ways to deal with that is to push forward in pursuing God. If you're doubting any elements of your salvation or your walk with God then it's probably a good time to go the extra mile in seeking Him and doing His will.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

WILLA - Thank you for your kind response. YES we can disagree but in kindness and love and I do appreciate yours :emot-heartbeat:.

Dave

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,137
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

6 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

WILLA - Thank you for your kind response. YES we can disagree but in kindness and love and I do appreciate yours :emot-heartbeat:.

Dave

look out you may get the willa switch :o 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

20 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

look out you may get the willa switch :o 

Thanks enoob57.

I get along with everyone and love everyone. I have been persecuted many times for my faith by believers and non-believers. I turn the other cheek and pray for those who seem to disagree with my opinions. I'm not a perfect man and certainly don't have all the truth, but God knows my heart and the love I have for those He created. Only God has all the truth, so all my posts are only my opinions not spoken as a fact that's opposed to others.

Romans 14:22 says, "The faith which you have, have as your own conviction before God: happy is he who doesn't condemn himself in what he approves" - LOVE THAT:t2:.

Love you all,Dave

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
Helps complete the thought.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Rivers said:

Can y'all give me scripture that says we cannot be possessed if we have been filled with the holy ghost because I believe I was filled with the holy ghost but my parents and my "old" pasture she also thinks I was possessed a few years after getting the holy ghost. I dont know what to believe tbh I was very delusional and out of it when I had the mental breakdowns and had a time where a whole week or so went by and didnt remember any of it. So if you cant be possessed if you are a Christian and filled with the holy ghost (which I am) is true then y do they think this and y did I go through this they did diagnose me with schizophrenia. 

Consider that 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20 says  Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own  you were bought at a price.

Possession implies ownership, but Christ has purchased us with his blood. And since Christ has purchased us, Satan cannot lay claim to a Christian. Christians belong to Jesus. John 14: 16, 17 tells us that the Holy Spirit is lives in us forever.  possession implies ownership. Oppression is not the same as possession. Two different words, with two different meanings.

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever—  the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Luke 11 : 21, 22 (NIV) “When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe. 22 But when someone stronger attacks and overpowers him, he takes away the armor in which the man trusted and divides up his plunder.

Same verse paraphrased, “For when Satan, strong and fully armed, guards his palace, it is safe—  until someone stronger and better armed attacks and overcomes him and strips him of his weapons and carries off his belongings.

Jesus is greater and stronger than Satan. Jesus is the “someone stronger and better armed”. Jesus won the battle for us on the cross. God is sovereign and cannot be overpowered or plundered by Satan. We can say with confidence that Christ has already won the victory and no Christian can be "demon-possessed .

Colossians 2:15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross

John 4: 4  You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

2 hours ago, naominash said:

I just think that Satan wants us to be confused about where we stand with God to tear us apart. We can't let him take us out. We've got to stand on God's Word and the blood of Jesus till he leaves us alone.

Amen, Sister.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

We are no match for Satan.....BUT ( and this is big one) Greater is He that is in us than he that is in  the World....

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

8 hours ago, Rivers said:

Can y'all give me scripture that says we cannot be possessed if we have been filled with the holy ghost because I believe I was filled with the holy ghost but my parents and my "old" pasture she also thinks I was possessed a few years after getting the holy ghost. I dont know what to believe tbh I was very delusional and out of it when I had the mental breakdowns and had a time where a whole week or so went by and didnt remember any of it. So if you cant be possessed if you are a Christian and filled with the holy ghost (which I am) is true then y do they think this and y did I go through this they did diagnose me with schizophrenia. 

There is no such scripture. Do what me and Frienduff suggest and get your head on straight.

Few understand the spirit world and make huge claims based on faulty doctrine.Blessings...

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Rivers, a good verse to show how the Holy Spirit is received...

"That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." Galatians 3:14

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1