IGNORED

Did Jesus pay for our sins? If so, how did He pay for them?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Edited by plo1988

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

By being a perfect blood sacrifice.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

3 hours ago, Lee_ said:

If you are called to be executed, and I'm your identical twin, I can slip into prison, make the switch, and die for your sin. 1 = 1.

Jesus, being God, infinite, died for everyone's sin.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Yes. Jesus is called the lamb, and took the place of the sacrificial lamb (without blemish) for the Passover.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

In the Temple sacrificial system, the blood made temporary atonement and once per year the High Priest could go into the Holy of Holies. There was much ritual surrounding the 'price' you had to pay (daily often) for transgressions. It only assuaged the issue for a short time. Then you had to do it all over again. It was a method of paving the way into the presence of God. Most sacrifices were a CLEANSING ritual and only one or two accounts was the blood ever put on people. It was to 'pave the way' to God allowing access, but only in a very restrictive sense. Like paying the minimum on your credit card. But Yeshua paid it all in full. No more debt so to speak.

When Yeshua/Jesus died and His blood went on the Mercy Seat, He completely purified  the way for us to approach the presence of God. The Temple veil was torn from top to bottom allowing Believers in Yeshua the right to approach the throne of Grace.

So in Yeshua, we have that Christ given righteousness that He gave to us. He put everything UNDER His feet and every thing that God created will bow to the Lord Yeshua. Yeshua is above all, so as His brothers and sisters, we can now have His victory.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Lee_ said:

He died on the cross for our sins.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

9 hours ago, Lee_ said:

Yes, Jesus paid for our sins. My understanding is this: Satan would have been able to spend all eternity torturing us for each sin we've committed. However, Jesus never sinned, so when Satan had Jesus killed, Jesus became our ransom.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

By the shedding of His innocence blood the price of man's sin was paid for us. 

The Jews sacrificed the lamb every year and sprinkled the blood of that lamb on the ark of the covenant  to cover the sins of Israel. But that was only temporary until the Ultimate sacrifice, Jesus Christ came.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

• Praise God! 1

• 11 months later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/7/2019 at 11:42 AM, Lee_ said:

He became a lamb sacrifice according to Jewish law. He was without blemish and exists as God, only God can pay for our sins as only he is eternal. He had to be able to as the messiah, it is described that the messiah will be able to do this. This is why the messiah cannot be just another human, which is what i have heard.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/31/1961

Jesus did NOT cancel out our debt of death that we each owe for sinning.   

Eze 18:4  Behold, all the souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

This law cannot be broken.  Anyone who sins must die.  

From Christ's work on the cross, He took on our sin debt.  He did not die in place of us - He died to earn the keys to death and hell so that we can live again.   Once we have paid our debt of death to Christ, He will resurrect us from death.  In other words, we will be "born again".  The Old Man must die.  The New Man must live.   

Rom 6:6  knowing this, that our old man has been crucified with him, that the body of sin might be annulled, that we should no longer serve sin. 

John the Baptist is a "type" of our Old Man.  As we die on the cross with Christ, our Old Man slowly dies as the New Man slowly matures.  Our Old man must decrease and the New Man (which is Christ in us) must increase.  

John 3:30  He must increase, but I must decrease.

So when does this occur?  It occurs when Christ comes to us a second time.  It is "typed" in scripture by Paul's second visitation in Damascus where He receives the baptism of the Holy Spirit.  It is at this moment of conversion that the Old Man begins to die and the New Man begins to live.  

Heb 9:28  So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

To summarize:  since we have all sinned, we all must die.  This penalty of death is a spiritual death that destroys our carnal nature (Old Man/John the Baptist).  Christ will be collecting that debt from each of us at a time of His choosing.  But from that death, we will be "born again".  The Old Man dies and the New Man is born.  That is what water baptism symbolizes.  Christ did not die on the cross to cancel out our sin debt.  He died on the cross so the He could give us all "life" from the debt of death that we all must pay.  No one can escape the death sentence since we have all sinned BUT thanks to Christ, we will live again.  That is the Good News of Christ.  It is 100% His work and He will not fail anyone.

1 Tim 2:3-6  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;  Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1 John 4:8  He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 Cor 13:8  Love never fails;

Isa 45:22-23  Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.  I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me EVERY knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Phi 2:10-11  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

But can Christ actually overcome man's "will" to achieve this great work of saving mankind and creating many new sons of God?

Scripture says YES!

Dan 4:35  And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; and he doeth according to his will in the army of the heavens, and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou? 

We all believe that Jesus is the Christ but do you have enough faith to believe that Christ will accomplish all that He said He would do?  

Abraham was told that He would have an heir through Rachel in their old age.  But after it seemed impossible to Abraham that God could fulfill that promise, Abraham decided to produce an heir from Rachel's handmaid.  Abraham believed in God but He doubted God's ability to fulfill His promise.  Abraham did not have enough faith at this time.  Do you have enough faith to believe Christ?  Do you believe that He will actually save all mankind as scripture clearly states? 

If you do not have enough faith to believe Christ, then pray for more faith.  God is the giver of good gifts and faith is a VERY good gift.

Luke 11:9-13  And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.  10  For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.  11  If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?  12  Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?  13  If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? 

Joe

Edited by Faithwilldo