Bawcash

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

So I finally started watching Stranger Things. The science teacher explains string theory and the multiverse as an acrobat and a flea on a tightrope. The acrobat is able to move across the top of the rope only. But the flea can walk on top, the sides and the bottom. The acrobat only knows his side of the rope even though all of the side affect the others. Anyone else see that string theory is pretty much explaining what Christians believe as far as God and the spiritual world?  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:18)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

17 minutes ago, Bawcash said:

So I finally started watching Stranger Things. The science teacher explains string theory and the multiverse as an acrobat and a flea on a tightrope. The acrobat is able to move across the top of the rope only. But the flea can walk on top, the sides and the bottom. The acrobat only knows his side of the rope even though all of the side affect the others. Anyone else see that string theory is pretty much explaining what Christians believe as far as God and the spiritual world?  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:18)

When I first bothered to look into what String Theory is, I said, "yeah. Sounds like what Christians believe."

If one removes the "anchient shepard" perspective regarding Christianity, one realizes that it is more fantastic and wonderful than the most creative science fiction. When you consider what we know about the universe, the atom, Galaxies, etc., you stop visualizing god as an "old man with a white beard" and see him as something FAR more complex and, frankly, distant from the concept of "human". That is, except for his human manifestation that we call "Jesus". 

The bible says that "God is light". And we are learning that that may be the REAL constant in our particular side of the string. And this has amazing ramifications:

1. If you can see a light bulb 20 feet away, and walk toward it, you can always see the light. That is because the light from the bulb exists in every point in space between the bulb and you, and at every time in space since it was turned on. And that is also true for a galaxy or star that is hundreds or billions of light years away.

2. The light from a galaxy billions of years old has existed for billions of years.

3. If you travel at the speed of light and can steer at all, it means that from your perspective, you will be everywhere in the universe at once. Couple that with number two and the fact that the bible says God is light, the implications are mind numbing.

Edited by Still Alive

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,263
  • Content Per Day:  1.74

20 minutes ago, Bawcash said:

No. because string theory is an attempt to explain why there is auniverse without the need for a creator.

You may gain insights into Christianity, God etc from science but any insights will have to be checked against what scripture teaches.

Any science that does not start by recognising God as creator and susatainer is going to produce errors when it moves beyond what can be measured, recorded and repeated.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.92
  • Days Won:  226

The string theory is something the scientists are just now trying to explain. They really don't know. 

1 minute ago, Who me said:

No. because string theory is an attempt to explain why there is auniverse without the need for a creator.

You may gain insights into Christianity, God etc from science but any insights will have to be checked against what scripture teaches.

Any science that does not start by recognising God as creator and susatainer is going to produce errors when it moves beyond what can be measured, recorded and repeated.

Though I agree with that, technically, it's amazing how, if you just insert God into the whole string theory thing, it's  surprisingly similar to what the bible teaches regarding ages, heaven, our reality, etc.

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

The string theory is something the scientists are just now trying to explain. They really don't know. 

That's what's so fun about it. They may laugh at us for believing God did it, but then they come up with this out of whole cloth, with no way to test and, don't see that their "hypothesis" (a theory has to be disprovable) takes far more faith.

That is why the evolution hypothesis exists. Either A creator created it or evolution did. What's comical is that it never comes close to explaining the actual origin of species. It basically tries to explain an old car rusting away in a field and make the argument that the evolution it's been undergoing via rust is how it actually came into existence.

I think it's funny.:)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.92
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, Still Alive said:

That's what's so fun about it. They may laugh at us for believing God did it, but then they come up with this out of whole cloth, with no way to test and, don't see that their "hypothesis" (a theory has to be disprovable) takes far more faith.

That is why the evolution hypothesis exists. Either A creator created it or evolution did. What's comical is that it never comes close to explaining the actual origin of species. It basically tries to explain an old car rusting away in a field and make the argument that the evolution it's been undergoing via rust is how it actually came into existence.

I think it's funny.:)

My brother was a scientist. He was also an atheist. He said that if he could not see it or prove it that it did not exist. He is dead now. Very, very sad. :(

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,263
  • Content Per Day:  1.74

11 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Though I agree with that, technically, it's amazing how, if you just insert God into the whole string theory thing, it's  surprisingly similar to what the bible teaches regarding ages, heaven, our reality, etc.

How does the string theory support the biblical idea that the universe was created some 6k years ago?

10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

My brother was a scientist. He was also an atheist. He said that if he could not see it or prove it that it did not exist. He is dead now. Very, very sad. :(

Whenever I hear someone use that "can't see it" argument, I ask them to imagine being alive 3,000 years ago and someone tried to argue for the existence of FM radio. Add that to the concept that "the more we know, the more we know we don't know", it is, in my opinion, horribly dogmatic to refuse to believe. 

I see us as a sort of "God's ant farm." You can be the smartest ant on the farm, but you're still about as dumb as a box of hammers. 

5 minutes ago, Who me said:

How does the string theory support the biblical idea that the universe was created some 6k years ago?

It doesn't. I'm missing your point.