• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, ColorfulBlossoming said:

Although it'll be really hard to stop praying this prayer for salvation everytime I feel like I have fallen from it. It's like a vicious circle...

Blossoming Beloved..., this is how you break the vicious circle, ...using the Word of God, ...otherwise the enemy will keep you running in those same circles entrenched in the ruts of your own making, ...it's one of their favorite tools.

The Word of God says you are born again,

But as many as received Him, He gave to them authority to become the children of God, to those who believe on His name,  who were  born (again), not of bloods, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were born (again) of God.   John 1:12, 13

...also the Word of God tells us how we are born again:

...having been born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible (seed), through the living Word of God, and abiding forever.  1 Pet 1:23

What happens at the moment we receive Christ, we are born again, our spirit is reconnected, reestablished, in communication with God. This is necessary in every one of Adam's descendants because like Adam we are a spirit/soul that lives inside of a physical body, ...what died in Adam when he rebelled and disobeyed what God told him to not do is his spirit was no longer connected, in communication with God.

How that happens is the incorruptible seed of the Holy Spirit quickens a certain verse in His Word and that produces a new creation in Christ 2 Cor 5:17, it'a spiritual reality the same way conception is produced in physical, biological bodies.

Peter goes on to tell us what verse in the Word of God the Holy Spirit used in his spiritual conception:

For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of men as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, and its flower falls out, 1 Pet 1:24, Isa 40:6-8

So let's put this all together in human terms we can understand, ...we all have father and a mother and we know what day we were born, ...it's on our birth Certificate, ...when we are born again spiritually we know our Father is the Holy Spirit, we know our Mother by what verse He quickened and we know what day it happened, that's our spiritual Birth Certificate, ...also, it's a very important piece of our spiritual armor, ...it's our helmet of Salvation, the piece of our armor which protects our minds from the thoughts placed there by the enemy, ...like you have been saying, ...so, the next time the thought is introduced into your mind to start you running in that vicious circle, don't run, stop! ...and say, "I am born again, saved forever because the Holy Spirit became my Father and this verse (quote verse) became my Mother and I was born again on this day (give month/day/year)! 

That precious, ...is resisting the devil:

Therefore submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Jas 4:7

If this teaching is new to you and/or you don't remember what verse of the Word of God He quickened, just ask Him, ...for me it was 3 years after I was born again before I learned this so I prayed and asked Him to reveal to me what verse it was and He answered me, ...and He will for you too, along with that you will remember when it was, ...for me it was at a Wednesday Night Bible Study a little after 9:00 PM in the month of July in 1986.

I hope this helps.

Lord bless 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

Shalom @ColorfulBlossoming

12 hours ago, ColorfulBlossoming said:

Although it'll be really hard to stop praying this prayer for salvation everytime I feel like I have fallen from it. It's like a vicious circle...

I understand your heart on this matter.  Although consider this - when praying the prayer again there are some implications you are making in doing so.  The implications are:

• That you don't trust in Yahweh to answer your prayer
  • That your previous commitment wasn't 100%
  • That you can fall out of the hands of Yahweh so easily

Although you may not realise it consciously, these are the implied statements in repeating the sinner's prayer, so it's not good to do this.  

This is the challenge of faith itself.  Praying and trusting that Yah hears and that He will answer - especially if it's according to His promises.  

Now, you will have doubts and be rolled about by the waves but this is the refining and proving period of life, not the victorious period - that's still to come. Consider how Peter was called to walk on the water and he did, achieving the unbelievable.  Then, Peter started to get distracted by the waves and wind and started to doubt and sink.  Rather than praying a sinner's prayer, instead he called out to the Lord and the Lord saved him, guiding him safely back to the boat - and the storm calmed.  In this same way, in our lives we can have storms and waves blasting us, indicating our sure doom - but we are never really in danger if we trust in the Lord.  Indeed, such challenges are likely to be FROM Yahweh to test and refine us, to find out what's truly in our hearts.

So have faith.  You prayed the prayer and you can rely on that He has heard you.  Trust.  

Still doubt?  Well then, blaspheme!  Speak rudely and disrespectfully of Him!  What?  Are you so certain that He is eager to hear every word when you are being sinful, but blocks His ears when you pray earnestly to Him?  

Therefore, trust in His goodness, not your weaknesses.  Focus on the Lord and not the waves (easy as that sounds!)

maybe I'll be one [apologist]. But for the moment I won't.

Why not?  Are you waiting to be a better person before you serve Yahweh?  Time is so short my friend, so short.

I'm in need of a lot of work myself.  I have a quick temper, I can be isolated, I can be selfish, I can stubborn and there are probably more things I don't realise!  Nevertheless, I serve Yahweh in any way I can, in the way I feel He leads me (also in apologetics and exposition).  So if you WANT and FEEL like you could serve in that way, do it my friend.  Don't wait to feel better about yourself.  You might only feel better when you are doing what you are suppose to be...

Well, maybe it's not always satan who's annoying me with this situation, but maybe he or his minions attack/s me sometimes, or maybe it's my own fault? (Or both?)

No, I doubt it's satan.  Like I said before, he has bigger stuff going on right now.  An evil spirit?  Possibly.  Spiritual Warfare is a real thing.  Or are these waves created by Yahweh to refine you?  Consider Isaiah 45:7  "I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, Yahweh, do all these things". Meditate upon this Scripture - when reading it gives you great peace, then you have understood it.

In either situation, Spiritual Warfare or Yahweh's Refinement, the solution remains the same.  Have faith in His words and promises, seek His will in the Scriptures, honour Him with words and deeds, and offer a continued sacrifice of thanksgiving to Him.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

4 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

“Mother?”

Scripture please

Blessings Sonshine, ...Please understand, I'm not teaching the heresy of today that God is female, ...since we are adults here, I believe we can talk respectfully about the physical act of conception, ...I used the word "mother," to illustrate the Word of God as the ovum in how the Holy Spirit inspired Peter to describe for us how we were conceived when we were, what the Word calls, born again.

We all understand the physical act in human conception of the male sperm entering and fertilizing the female ovum and nine months later a baby is born, ...the Holy Spirit expressly wrote for us we were begotten (born again) a second time during our lifetime by His own incorruptible seed (sperm) fertilizing the Eternally living, alive Word of God (ovum) in our spiritual conception of being born again a second time as spiritual beings.

1 Peter 1:23 is a metaphor, an image, a word picture for us so that we can understand the Spiritual principle in human terms, ...the Holy Spirit teaches us through James:

Of His own will begat He us with the Word (Logos) of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures. 1:18  KJV

Of His own will He brought us forth with the Word (Word) of truth, for us to be a certain firstfruit of His creatures.  1:18  NKJV

...just like our Lord was conceived in the ovum of Mary Luke 1:35 by the seed of the Holy Spirit through procreation, ...the God-Man, Jesus Christ was born, ...so in like manner, only spiritually, are all of His children through an act of procreation.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Cor 5:17

Today we are born again, new creations in Christ in spirit only, our regenerated spirit, along with our old carnal nature soul, live together in a physical body that depends on our blood being alive, healthy and active Lev 17:11, ...however, we are promised at the rapture of the Church, we will be given new spiritual souls and bodies, like Jesus has now, that will have a Spirit drive system (instead of a blood drive system), empowered by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, who both are Eternal. 

I hope that explains it more clearly dear one, my purpose was to help our precious sister to understand more about herself, the new creation in Christ, so that she could know the Truth and be set free from the wiles of he devil.

Lord bless 

Edited by JustPassingThru

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Blossom,

Being assured of your salvation in Christ is very important. Once you get that settled in your mind, these thoughts will no longer bother you wherever they're coming from.

One verse that was the clincher for me is Ephesians 1:13-14 

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,  who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

So what happened when you first believed? God sealed you (a mark of ownership) with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit guarantees our inheritance in Christ. So you can see that God takes responsibility for you. Does God ever go back on His word? 

There is an excellent audio by Jack Kelley that deals with this very question. His answer is all scripture based. It's called 'Union and Fellowship" and is found on the gracethrufaith.com website. Look under Bible studies and then Audio. I think a firm scriptural standing will give you what you need to knock these doubts on the head and be rid of them once and for all.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 8/16/2019 at 5:18 PM, ColorfulBlossoming said:

Thanks for the advice.

Honestly, I don't trust myself, I'm scared to do something stupid that makes me lose my faith and my salvation :/ although I have to put more trust in Him.

EVERYONE has to put more trust in Him. YOUR trust isn't salvation, trusting Jesus, is.

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 8/18/2019 at 9:29 PM, PromisesPromises! said:

Hi, ColorfulBlossoming... :)    An unwanted thought is kind of like having a bug in the house.  We don't invite the thing in; it just appears when we least expect it.  Ughhh!  The faster we get rid of the bug, the better!  The same with the unwanted thought.  Immediately rebuke it when it comes, calling on Jesus, the One in whom you have placed all your trust!   He promises to defend you, shield you, and comfort you.  He did all the work to give you rest and peace.   I know He will bless you because you love Him.  I am praying for you.  

Psalm 5:11-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

11 But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You;
Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them;
Let those also who love Your name
Be joyful in You.
12 For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous;
With favor You will surround him as with a shield.

Psalm 94:19 New King James Version (NKJV)

19 In the multitude of my anxieties within me,
Your comforts delight my soul.

Thanks for the advice and for praying for me, God bless you.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 8/20/2019 at 2:30 PM, Billiards Ball said:

EVERYONE has to put more trust in Him. YOUR trust isn't salvation, trusting Jesus, is.

When you said "my trust isn't salvation" are you talking about that trusting myself doesn't save (which I agree) or are you saying that I have no faith in jesus? Asking because I don't want to misunderstand you

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

9 hours ago, ColorfulBlossoming said:

Hi ColorfulBlossoming

reviewing this thread, I see that you did not respond for some time.  Are you still struggling with the same issue?  It truly is a very common struggle.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 8/8/2019 at 1:11 PM, ColorfulBlossoming said:

Honestly, I'm scared to die as a unbeliever and to God to hell...I DON'T want that to happen...I love Jesus and I don't want to leave Him. I don't want to be an unbeliever.

Maybe I have religious OCD; maybe I had never fallen from salvation and that feeling is justo a false alarm and I believed that I had fallen from salvation by fear and paranoia; or maybe not matter what God would do I'll go to hell, because If a Christian can deliberately loose they salvation (because God allows humans have free will), them I'm probably doomed. Honestly, I'm confused, and afraid...

I believe you are suffering issues of salvation insecurity. These thoughts of unsure feelings about God's existence cause me to wonder if you have always had a belief in Him or not. Being raised in agnostive of disbelieving families can commonly result in having questions along these lines. I trust you've had sufficient advice to the otherwise. God bless you. 

• Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 10/26/2019 at 10:27 PM, ColorfulBlossoming said:

When you said "my trust isn't salvation" are you talking about that trusting myself doesn't save (which I agree) or are you saying that I have no faith in jesus? Asking because I don't want to misunderstand you

Trusting in self is futile. Trust in Jesus IS salvation.

The fruit of salvation is assurance. If you lack assurance, you need to do a check on whether you sincerely trusted in Jesus.

• Well Said! 1