• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

There is a difference between backsliding and apostasy. Backsliding is recoverable but you can get to the point of no return where you lose your ability to repent and will fall into apostasy.

Willfully continuing to sin and drawing back to perdition

This does not just happen. You have to make a deliberate decision to deny your faith in Jesus. One who wilfully denies his faith in Christ is guilty of a 3 fold crime: (Hebrews 10:29).

·         Trampling underfoot the Son of God.

·         Desecrating the blood of the new covenant after experiencing its sanctifying power

·         Insulting the Spirit of grace: compare this with Mathew 12:31-32, Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven because there remains no more sacrifice for sins.

https://worshipwarriorsministry.com.au/

I kind of get you! ❤️

20 minutes ago, Who me said:

There are some scary things in the bible and this is one of them.

The good news is that if you are a Christian and are frightened of commiting this sin.

Take heart because you haven't committed it.

The unforgivable sin is to reject Jesus as Saviour.

Note, The God who formed you, also planned your salvation before he created the universe. He knows all about your OCD, how it affects you, what it makes you do.

He still loves you to go and die a disgusting death to save you. He is not going to let a few thoughts, that you regret, separet you from him.

As Paul in Romans 8 wrote 'there is Nothing in All creation that can separate you from the Love of Jesus.'

But I said it out loud when talking to my dad? Am I still okay?

41 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I wish you wouldn't be. People who are most frightened by committing the unpardonable sin, are the least likely to commit it, in my personal experience. Hope you get past this bondage of fear. 

2 Timothy 1:7  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.  KJV

So even though I said it out loud to my dad, I didn’t do it? I was just explaining it to my dad, which I hadn’t realized I couldn’t do. I feel like God is still sending me messages to calm down, but I’m worried. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

10 minutes ago, lattelily said:

So even though I said it out loud to my dad, I didn't do it? I was just explaining it to my dad, which I hadn’t realized I couldn’t do. I feel like God is still sending me messages to calm down, but I’m worried. 

No, I'm certain you didn't do it. Sounds as if the Lord is impressing on you to take it easy on yourself. Perhaps it would be good advice to listen in on His attempts to comfort you.

John 14:27  Peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  KJV  

1 minute ago, BeauJangles said:

No, I'm certain you didn't do it. Sounds as if the Lord is impressing on you to take it easy on yourself. Perhaps it would be good advice to listen in on His attempts to comfort you.

John 14:27  Peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  KJV  

Thank you! I’ve been worried about this since Sunday afternoon. I wish I never said it aloud to my dad when explaining it to him. I feel like a monster.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Just now, lattelily said:

Thank you! I’ve been worried about this since Sunday afternoon. I wish I never said it aloud to my dad when explaining it to him. I feel like a monster.

Not a problem. No need to feel that way. Now, c'mere and I gives ya a big ol' squishy hug! :bighug2:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

42 minutes ago, lattelily said:

So even though I said it out loud to my dad, I didn’t do it? I was just explaining it to my dad, which I hadn’t realized I couldn’t do. I feel like God is still sending me messages to calm down, but I’m worried.

We all walk a very fine line between being over come with sorrow for sins we've committed and being far too casual about sin. You have the added promlem of not setting off your OCD.

If you are worried/scared then tell God you are sorry and having done that trust  God's promise to forgive and if your OCD or your fears brings up past sins. Then you thank God thast he has forgiven you them.

• Group:  Members *
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 8/9/2019 at 10:14 AM, lattelily said:

Hello!

I am TERRIFIED I committed the unforgivable sin. 

When I was reading about it in the Bible, I have OCD, so my mind decided to be mean. I was so scared, so I called my dad and told him exactly what my mind said about the Holy Spirit. I hadn’t realized that itself would send me to hell...did it? I can’t tell. I don’t know what to do. I AM SO SCARED. I had NO IDEA. WHY DID I NOT KNOW?!

the sin is to call the holy spirit the devil and to do so publicly, i am sure u did not do that.

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/9/2019 at 1:14 AM, lattelily said:

Hello!

I am TERRIFIED I committed the unforgivable sin. 

When I was reading about it in the Bible, I have OCD, so my mind decided to be mean. I was so scared, so I called my dad and told him exactly what my mind said about the Holy Spirit. I hadn’t realized that itself would send me to hell...did it? I can’t tell. I don’t know what to do. I AM SO SCARED. I had NO IDEA. WHY DID I NOT KNOW?!

If your unsure then watch youtube videos from different people perspectives. Everyone seems to be in one accord that it is a continued state of no regrets of thinking evil towards god and Jesus. I think it can be a one sentence thing but to do that requires a really negative mindset towards Jesus and his miracles and preaching. It is despising the holy spirit and his work and then saying things out loud against them. The heart that has guilt for something like this has no committed the sin. That is my view from personal study.