• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

2Timothy2:15, what does your bible say? I hold to the KJV being the one true word of God for the last generations. If you disagree I would like to hear your point of view. 

As Christian if we don’t understand we study to shew thy work approved unto God. we also must have a single book of the word of truth to be held in our hands, not multiple, as meaning can change and has dire consequences.

The KJV is not so much archaic but Shakespearean and considered to be the biggest achievement in English literature, this was for an authoritative sounding word that held fast to meaning, maybe an improvement over many of the manuscripts, and is written purely, not corrected with man’s mistakes, it is also written/taken from “Majority Manuscripts” and by 46 writers Faithful praying Christians over a Span of time (Bible-meaning the Book, singular)

“Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

(If the LORD God says it is written, it’s singular meaning one written word of God always)

“And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.” ‭‭Luke‬ ‭4:20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭4:21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.” Deuteronomy‬ ‭8:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites:”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭17:18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

(A time after the Lord Jesus Christ was taken to the kingdom of God, the book shall be written at a time of great wrong doctrine to the last generations imo, again in a book, singular)

“Thus speaketh the Lord God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book.”             Jeremiah‬ ‭30:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

(Again in a book)

“This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”
‭‭Joshua‬ ‭1:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

(how can meditation be done on the word of God if you don’t believe theres a perfect Bible)

“Seek ye out of the book of the Lord, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭34:16 KJV

(this is one of the best proofs you need to know there’s only one Authorised Version, the command to seek out the word of truth)

“For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22:18-19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

(2 seperate verses helping to spot corrupt, counterfeit versions to beware of and dire consequences NIV,ASV,ESV,NKJV ect as many of these make Lucifer the Morningstar and take verses out of the Bible which can lead to doctrinal errors and eventually leading to Heresies/cults (Mormans, Seventh Day Adventist, Jahovah Witnesses ect And is devastating to the Church)

and Finally but plenty more...

“Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?”Ecclesiastes‬ ‭8:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

(if there is to be power to the scholars/writers and publishes of the book (KJV 1611) power is under a kings careful commands for handling with precision and dispensation the correct word of God, and a bonus that he has a Hebrew name, and this version is the most wide spread popular version ever in history, something to consider)

Discern which corrupt book you may be reading and believing. 

God bless you all.

Edited by Undetermind Believer
To further explain.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

2Ti 2:15 NKJV   Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2Ti 2:15  ESV Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

2Ti 2:15  LITV  Give diligence to present yourself approved to God, a workman unashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

2Ti 2:15 WEB  Give diligence to present yourself approved by God, a workman who doesn’t need to be ashamed, properly handling the Word of Truth.

I don't understand King James' archaic language.  Some meanings have changed a lot, such as conversation.  It meant a life style, not an exchange of words as we use it today.  My comprehension is bad enough without having to stumble over things like that.  Thees and thous don't help me either.  So I don't consider it accurate to today's English and I don't wish to own a King James Bible.  I never recommend it to people.  But I am glad that you like it.  People need a Bible they will read.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 Timothy 2:15

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

This advice is crucial for all Christians. "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work"

Edited by missmuffet

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

6 hours ago, Undetermind Believer said:

(this is one of the best proofs you need to know there’s only one Authorised Version, the command to seek out the word of truth)

There are at least five renditions. Don't forget Tyndale and other worthy scholars that were the basis for the KJV.

"The Authorized Version, as it came to be called, went through several editions and revisions. Two notable editions were that of 1629, the first ever printed at Cambridge, and that of 1638, also at Cambridge, which was assisted by John Bois and Samuel Ward, two of the original translators. In 1657, the Parliament considered another revision, but it came to naught. The most important editions were those of the 1762 Cambridge revision by Thomas Paris, and the 1769 Oxford revision by Benjamin Blayney. One of the earliest concrdances was A Concordance to the Bible of the Last Translation, by John Down-ham, affixed to a printing of 1632.

The completed work was issued in 1611, the complete title page reading:

"THE HOLY BIBLE, Conteyning the Old Testament, and the New: Newly Translated out of the Originall tongues: & with the former Translations diligently compared and revised, by his Majesties Special Commandment. Appointed to be read in Churches. Imprinted at London by Robert Barker, Printer to the Kings most Excellent Majestie. ANNO DOM. 1611."

The New Testament had a separate title page, the whole of it reading: 

"THE NEWE Testament of our Lord and Saviour JESUS CHRIST. Newly Translated out of the Originall Greeke: and with the former Translations diligently compared and revised, by his Majesties speciall Commandment. IMPRINTED at London by Robert Barker, Printer to the Kings most Excellent Majestie. ANNO DOM. 1611. Cum Privilegio.""

These are quotes from http://www.av1611.org/kjv/kjvhist.html

Since then, Qumran and many other documents have been discovered and the newer scriptures are far more accurate and comprehensive since Aramaic, Qumran and later texts have been incorporated. There are several questionable 'transliterations' in the original 1611 Bible, but on a whole it has served its purposes.

To understand the New testament, one has to be well familiarized with the Tanach (OT). There are differences between the Septuagint and the Masoretic texts. The Masoretic was a combination of Hebrew and Aramaic. Sometimes they do NOT agree, so one has to decide on the meaning for ones self.

There is no 'one fits all' textural representation of our Lord High God. He is far more than a few words. BUT, He decided to give us many pointers to be able to understand the COSMOLOGY and timelessness of His Reign in the Heavens and on the earth. Thus he gave many prophetic verses for us to understand and of course the Revelations. This book alone shows us the overlapping and ongoing Court processes in the Throne Room of Yahweh, with all His included 'helpers' both human and spiritual. Psalm 82, Deut 32, Ezekiel, Isiah and many others give us a dynamic sense of what IS happening and what is going to happen. It is a fait accompli from the Lord's perspective and is a YES NOW/NOT YET kind of thing.

It is, in the timeless zone of Yahweh - already happening. For us, it is NOT QUITE YET.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

8 hours ago, Undetermind Believer said:

2Timothy2:15, what does your bible say? I hold to the KJV being the one true word of God for the last generations. If you disagree I would like to hear your point of view. 

I enjoy reading KJV, and prefer posting it. It's not the exclusive translation used to get an expounded clarification, however. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

On 8/8/2019 at 10:28 PM, Undetermind Believer said:

σπούδασον σεαυτὸν δόκιμον παραστῆσαι τῷ θεῷ, ἐργάτην ἀνεπαίσχυντον, ὀρθοτομοῦντα τὸν λόγον τῆς ἀληθείας.  II Tim 2:15 SBLGNT   This text is essentially the same in all edited Greek NTs for the past 500 years and is well testified to by the majority of extant manuscripts.  Here is a link to the page of a manuscript from the 4th century AD which contains this verse in identical form.  http://codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript.aspx?book=48&chapter=2&lid=en&side=r&verse=15&zoomSlider=0#48-2-21-16

I believe God has entrusted Christians within each generation of each language group with the work of transmitting God's Word to their generation as a part of taking the gospel to the world.  I also believe that there is safety in a multitude of counselors.  In the same way none of us would expect one single teacher in one single church to always be correct on all matters, we all look to safety within the body of Christ with a multitude of teachers and elders and leaders and churches.   It is the way of the cult to elevate one person or one group as God's unquestioned authority once and for all.  It is the way of the body of Christ to hold each other accountable and follow God's direction and leading as a body from generation to generation.  The KJV was the work of that generation's Christians to that generation and it has continued to be a blessing to many for centuries in much the same way that the Reina-Valera or the Louis Segond or the Luther Bible was to different language groups in their generation.  The reality is that language use changes, scholars learn more about Greek, Hebrew, and translation, and more studies are done on ancient manuscripts.  It is the responsibility of each generation of Christians to insure that God's Word is transmitted and explained as faithfully as possible to the original texts to their generation.  This is a never ending job which will continue until Christ's return. It is a part of taking the gospel to all generations and to the ends of the earth.  Even as I write this, there are thousands upon thousands of devout Christians dedicating their lives to the study of the texts of the NT and OT and its translation and transmission to their generation and language group.

The big question is this.  Do we point to God having chosen one teacher, one group, one translation team, one church, or one denomination as always being infallible and to be trusted?  Or do we discern in any given matter, situation, topic, or question which of several teachers, groups, translation teams, churches, or denominations is closest to God's truth?   As a practical matter, this is the difference when it comes to translations into English (or any language) from the Greek and Hebrew texts.  Do we point to one team which God has made infallible?  Or do we discern verse by verse which teams have come closest to faithfully translating the originals?   Most Christians look verse by verse.  If the majority of translations teams translate a particular passage in essentially the same way, we have a high degree of confidence in those translations of that passage.  However, if there are two or three different ways a passage is translated, it is clear that different teams of translators have a different opinion.  Such passages need to be considered much more carefully and studied in more depth.

For the KJV alone to be the infallible English version, we must believe that God anointed a team of Anglican scholars 500 years ago to be infallible in English translation for all times in English translation.  We must further believe that all translation teams since are skirting the edges of God's wrath and judgement each time they disagree with these Anglican scholars.  The reality is most Christians approach different versions of scripture the same way they approach everything else in the body of Christ.  In passages where the translation teams all basically agree, they just accept that as a translation faithful to the original texts for that passage.  In passages where various translations teams disagree, we need to study deeper to understand why they disagree.   It's pretty much the same thing we do with teachers and preachers.  If they all say the same thing on a topic (e.g. Jesus Christ is the only way to God), we can confidently just accept that.  However, if there are strong differences of opinions (e.g. pre-trib, post-trib, or mid-trib rapture), we need to consider this much more carefully and not just take what one person says as definitive.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

The English Standard Version does a much better job of translating some verse tenses than did King James.  Perhaps that is why the contemporaries of the King James bible criticized it for being poetic at the expense of accuracy.