• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Prophecy fulfilled...

Nahum 2:4 The chariots shall rage in the streets, they shall justle one against another in the broad ways: they shall seem like torches, they shall run like the lightnings.

When I'm driving the highways, I get into the right hand slow lane and cruse around 60mph. It is amazing how they blow past as if going the speed limit were against the law.

One day I seen the next batch of cars in my rear view mirror and approaching fast. As they were raging by, something occurred to me, "stampede". It was as if a SPIRIT were behind them driving them forward with FEAR!

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

God bless!

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Geesh, so your the one! You are forcing the semi tractor trailer rigs to run in the middle and fast lanes to get around you. That is causing unsafe travel for many. Pick it up a bit will ya? Thanks. And please please stay off I-75. Again, thanks.:)

• Haha 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, Footprint said:

It is amazing how they blow past as if going the speed limit were against the law.

Speed limit is generally 70 MPH. Police tend to give 9 MPH  and take on 10MPH or more, so 79 is a rather typical slow lane speed.

Please don't be unhappy with us as we go 85 to 95 MPH, we are clearing out all the police vehicles for you. You might thank us and pick it up a bit so the differential in speeds is not so great. 60 MPH is way too slow for your safety and everyone elses on the Interstates. Might take a scenic route and do 60 MPH at least  again thanks. :)

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  537
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,655
  • Content Per Day:  5.01
  • Days Won:  218
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

so your speed limits are NOT  the law just suggestions ? If that is so why do police officers give  out tickets? or are they just invitations to contribute to the police officers doughnut fund ?  :noidea:

• Haha 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Footprint said:

Prophecy fulfilled...

Nahum 2:4 The chariots shall rage in the streets, they shall justle one against another in the broad ways: they shall seem like torches, they shall run like the lightnings.

When I'm driving the highways, I get into the right hand slow lane and cruse around 60mph. It is amazing how they blow past as if going the speed limit were against the law.

One day I seen the next batch of cars in my rear view mirror and approaching fast. As they were raging by, something occurred to me, "stampede". It was as if a SPIRIT were behind them driving them forward with FEAR!

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

God bless!

Your thread peaked my interest, so I read Nahum Chapter two and some commentaries on it. Sure sounds like it fits much better for our world today than back then [not only here but globally]. I'm not sure if this chapter is prophetic or not? The old time biblical scholars like John Calvin, John Gill, Matthew Henry, etc. all interpret it to be the Chaldeans or the chariots of the Ninevites. But their time was from the 16th century through the early 18th century, so they had no idea about modern highways and interstate travel of speeds faster than a 35 M.P.H. horse. With the bright headlights, off road lights, strobes, and emergency vehicle lights. 

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

2 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

so your speed limits are NOT  the law just suggestions ? If that is so why do police officers give  out tickets? or are they just invitations to contribute to the police officers doughnut fund ?  :noidea:

Evidently you're a young driver, I've been driving for 58 years now. Our roads are now littered with all kinds of suggestion signs and information signs. The yellow sign you see with an antlered deer on its rear legs; is informative; not to forget deer season is just around the corner. The "caution curve ahead 35 M.P.H." sign; is actually a challenge sign, bet you can't take it at 75 M.P.H. Now think about this! There are plenty of Corvettes, Vipers, etc. out their that can run 150+ M.P.H. What sense does it make to limit all the horsepower to only 65-75 M.P.H. The 'speed limit' sign is most likely to save you on fuel consumption and if you want to voluntarily donate to the local community outreach program. "Caution ice ahead" sign: is to get you thinking, if I slam on the breaks, I'll bet I can do 4, 360 degree spins, or some memorable doughnuts, weeeeeeee. If we're suppose to know the "LAW", why are their more lawyers than cockroaches in this world. First rule of a lawyer, laws are made to be broken. 

:D

• Haha 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,185
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

If the majority of people throw themselves off a bridge regardless of the warnings not to do so, would you follow them?

Follow what you learned in driving school concerning the speed limits, they are there for a reason.

When people go over the speed limit they are breaking the law. That is why people slow down to the speed limit when they see a police patrol car.

For sure many people when no police patrols are around, brake the speed law and go past the speed limit, but they also all go brake and fast back to the speed limit the signs reads for that area when a police patrol is around, why? because if you speed over the limit and you are caught doing it, you have broken the law you will get a ticket.

Where I live if you are caught speeding not only do you get a ticket in proportion to the speed you where driving above the speed limit, but you will get demerit points.  If you accumulate enough demerit points your license will be suspended.

Best to keep to the right side of the road if you want to keep to the speed limit. The left side is for people who are going the speed limit and who want to pass cars in the right lane,  many in the left lane go faster as its also a passing lane. However because many don't respect the speed limits,or the laws concerning driving laws in general when no police is around,  we find a lot of road rage and accidents even violent car shootings (especially in the U.S.A.so I've heard on the news.) and other vehicle accidents. To avoid road rage, keep away from aggressive drivers, do what is right and keep to the driving laws of your country and do not engage with anyone acting aggressive on the roads.

There are certain countries that have photo recognition of your license plate and if you are going over the speed limit in a zone where there are police cameras, you will get ticketed and receive a speeding ticket in the mail and with demerit points in proportion to how far over the speed limit you were going.

Anyone telling you to disregard your countries speed limit is telling ill advice. If anyone goes over the speed limit they are breaking the law and doing so at their own risk and possibly risking the lives of others.

Edited by 1to3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  537
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,655
  • Content Per Day:  5.01
  • Days Won:  218
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:24::24::24: Thank you Dennis it is a long time since I have been called a young anything, even my great grandson enjoyed that one 

Here in the UK police and courts do take speed limits very seriously and most of the major roads ( known as motorways here ) have cameras along the whole length and don't need police patrols to regulate the daft drivers. If you are caught by an officer, a camera or a speed trap you get an automatic 3 points on your license. 9 points and you lose said license and if you go well over the limit ( which is 70 on a motorway here 60 on a duel carriageway and 20 near a school  30 on a normal street and some areas you can do 40 ) you can lose your license at the first offence, get a jail sentence , be banned from driving for a number of years and be forced to retake your test ( the last has been known to be cause for appeals as inhumane but they didn't win :24: )  It is illegal to drive without insurance ( again very severe penalties ) and if you are a habitual speeder you wont get an insurance company to take you on 

Please don't come and drive in the UK we have enough boy racers doing time as it is :consoling2:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

The Lord also says...to you people in the slow lane ;)

Is. 57:14 The LORD says, "Clear the road! Get it ready for my people."  :rofl::59_59:

Edited by Pekoudah
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

13 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Our roads are now littered with all kinds of suggestion signs and information signs. The yellow sign you see with an antlered deer on its rear legs; is informative; not to forget deer season is just around the corner. The "caution curve ahead 35 M.P.H." sign; is actually a challenge sign, bet you can't take it at 75 M.P.H. Now think about this! There are plenty of Corvettes, Vipers, etc. out their that can run 150+ M.P.H. What sense does it make to limit all the horsepower to only 65-75 M.P.H. The 'speed limit' sign is most likely to save you on fuel consumption and if you want to voluntarily donate to the local community outreach program. "Caution ice ahead" sign: is to get you thinking, if I slam on the breaks, I'll bet I can do 4, 360 degree spins, or some memorable doughnuts, weeeeeeee.

Oh, yes! The signs that suggests, "Watch For Falling Rocks" is especially useful when taking those hair-pin turns through mountainous terrain. :rolleyes: 

• Thumbs Up 2