• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Cruising by, not rage. There is no "rage" from their side of the windshield. How about from your's? ???:) But yes it would be nice if you could goose it along just a little maybe get  nearer the speed limit, traffic flow and general driving conditions allowing.  60 in a 70MPH zone is just too slow and dangerous too for everyone. 

Neighbor you have me as saying this

"As they were raging by"

I did not say that. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

10 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Neighbor you have me as saying this

"As they were raging by"

I did not say that. 

Sorry about that! I evidently pulled the statement from your post that was quoting a quote  of a Bible verse first posted by footprint. I did not notice that on my own post that then  ended up looking like it was you that had posted it. Again, sorry.

As penance I will try not to zoom passed at least a couple of slow movers as I trek on up the interstates on my next trip. Fact I will even perhaps let someone pass by me.

Actually I have come to drive much slower now a days anyway. I seldom exceed 75 except on the notorious for speed section of I-75 where everyone is pushing 90 and they get ticked if I am doing only 80 and am the clog myself. 

Though lots of fun to chat about speed limits and experiences shared back and forth. The idea of Nahum being prophecy fulfilled in today's USA traffic conditions  is an interesting speculation. I don't yet buy into it, but it is interesting, and perhaps deserves some more serious reads and comments.

All things that lead this  simple bond-servant to be reading the word of God are very good for me.

One last road comment post however- I think I may have been doomed to speed from before the beginning, as I failed my first drivers license road test. Had the top down  on the "Mopar" Sports Fury Convertible. Had to pull out  onto heavy  high speed traffic, so I just hit the on switch, that peddle next to the brake and peeled just a little rubber as I shot smoothly into a space between the cars on the main highway.

Examiner said simply; we can go back now. I thought well that was an easy test. Turns out he had seen enough and wanted out. I took it again the next day and timed my test so as to miss the heavy traffic, plus I kept the top up. Passed okay from another examiner.

Within a matter of weeks I had my first batch  of tickets. That car was a police officer magnet. They would just trail me and pull me over, sometimes just to chat. I learned that one never passes a police car even if they are driving under the speed limit themslves. I punched it to get around one moving slow. He chatted with me a long time.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Actually I have come to drive much slower now a days anyway. I seldom exceed 75 except on the notorious for speed section of I-75 where everyone is pushing 90 and they get ticked if I am doing only 80 and am the clog myself. 

It seems understandable to flow with the pack, so to speak. If you can maintain yourself in the middle, it's less likely to be singled out for a 'light up' by state troopers. The disadvantage of traveling high rates of speed in close proximity of others, is the unfortunate event someone has a mishap, then you have a pileup. 

Oh piles, heaven forbid.

It's your fault BeauJangles I was going to let the thread get serious on the subject of  prophecy fulfilled in today's vehicle tarrific. But no, you had to tempt me  egg me on, and well I just am weak. I cannot resist even a bad play on words it seems.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Every day average of 80 people died on the street in my country. Which is more than 28 thousands a year in a single nation.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

Every day average of 80 people died on the street in my country. Which is more than 28 thousands a year in a single nation.

An unfortunate statistic. What are these deaths attributed to, and would it have anything related to the OP, perhaps?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

On 8/9/2019 at 10:12 AM, Footprint said:

Prophecy fulfilled...

Nahum 2:4 The chariots shall rage in the streets, they shall justle one against another in the broad ways: they shall seem like torches, they shall run like the lightnings.

When I'm driving the highways, I get into the right hand slow lane and cruse around 60mph. It is amazing how they blow past as if going the speed limit were against the law.

One day I seen the next batch of cars in my rear view mirror and approaching fast. As they were raging by, something occurred to me, "stampede". It was as if a SPIRIT were behind them driving them forward with FEAR!

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

God bless!

A lot of people think this is about cars, and it probably is.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

An unfortunate statistic. What are these deaths attributed to, and would it have anything related to the OP, perhaps?

Its the rage of the chariots.