• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

22 minutes ago, unworthyservant said:

The only question I would ask is as Jesus told the rich man, have you also followed Christs teaching and given all to the poor?

It was not a teaching across the board. It was a question just to this guy who was a rich young ruler.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Justin Adams said:

It was not a teaching across the board. It was a question just to this guy who was a rich young ruler.

I referred to only one instance of Christ's teaching on money and wealth and I don't believe that Jesus taught anything that applied only to a single person and not to us all. I don't mean to say that everyone should give up everything they own but rather that Christ taught that we should not spend what God gives us on pleasures and luxuries for ourselves but rather show God's love by giving it to those in need. In Matthew Chapter 6 Jesus says "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal, 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." He goes on to say emphatically that "You cannot serve God and mammon." After his encounter with the young rich ruler he let us know very explicitly that the teaching was indeed not just for this man when he said "Hardly will a rich man enter into the kingdom of heaven. He then uses the oft quoted and argued example of a camel going through the eye of a needle. When the disciples took umbrage to the fact that a bottle of expensive perfume was used to anoint Jesus feet they said should not the perfume have been sold to raise money for the poor. This is a much discussed scene and the answer was that it was acceptable only in that one instance because it was an anointment for His upcoming death. The point is that the disciples knew from Jesus teaching that even the money used for a bottle of perfume should have been used for the poor. When he talked about the widows mites being the greater gift it had nothing to do with the amount of the gift but that she gave everything that she had! I could go on but I hope the point is clear, that is that Jesus didn't discriminate. Whatever he taught, He meant it for us all and every instance where money is mentioned by the Lord it's in a negative light with the only exception being money that was used to help those in need. If you think that this teaching is not meant for you or anyone else for that matter, I would pray that you would read all the teachings of Christ and I'm sure God will open your eyes to the fact that all of Christ's teachings are meant for all of us. I don't mean to come across as judgemental, as Christ made clear that we are not worthy to judge anyone, but I feel that by sharing some of the many instances where Christ spoke about wealth and earthly treasures, it might help to clarify what He actually taught.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:59 AM, unworthyservant said:

You're a step ahead of many whom I encounter who arbitrarily have forsaken the Sabbath and the law.

I modified your post to focus on a comment you made at the end of your post.

"People "Arbitrarily" have forsaken the Sabbath". In my experience in many different venues, the people are "Taught" to disregard the law and the Sabbath as they are no longer applicable or biblical., which we know isn't true.

All the best to you unworthyservant in Christ's name - Dave

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

I guess arbitrarily wasn't exactly the best choice of words there and you are correct many are relying on what they are taught by their church as opposed to what Christ taught.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:44 PM, Seasoned by Grace said:

This can be a rather "TOXIC" topic as there are some strong opposing views among the Christian culture. I AM A CHRISTIAN by the way who honors the Sabbath in Christ.

I have not started this post to get into a "Spiritual battle" :swordfightsmiles:with people here who takes exception to my views or to  deal with people who are devisive or like to argue or feel I'm attacking their views. or convictions.

I'm an easy going loving person, not condemning or judgmental, and don't try to force my views on anyone. I simply want to help others considering this by sharing my views and convictions so that those who have questions can have information and options that could help them think about this as a possible part of their walk with God,

Romans 14:22 Says "the faith which you have, have as your own conviction before God,

happy is he who doesn't condemn himself in what he approves" !!

There seems to be quite a bit of interest and questions about this topic and I have put this out here to answer questions that I can about my choices, because the Sabbath topic seems somewhat mysterious to many, but nevertheless people here would like some imput and answer's.

I have strong beliefs about this, and I have verses and history about the Sabbath that I can share.

I have been honoring the Sabbath for around 12 years in my 41 year walk with God, am now a young 76 years old, and look forward to the sabbath more and more the longer I am with Christ.

I feel more fulfilled as a believer in Christ and more in harmony with God since I became fully convinced that I was not only called by God to honor the Sabbath, but that by studying it out for several years proved to myself beyond any question that it was meant for me as a Christian, and that the Sabbath was a gift to me,  and the whole world from God.

This isn't something I do because I "SHOULD" or I'm supposed to. I do it because of my love for God and the truth of His word and love for the Holy Spirit that has revealed this to me as He has led me in His truth.

God bless you all in Christ's love and His Holy name,

Dave

If only all Christians were moved by the Holy Spirit to make the choice to follow what God asks of us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

The Law was great and the perfect way to get people to follow the Path that God intended for mankind.That Path Of God begins with the Law.It  was given  to  “ close the mouths” of anybody who thought they could keep it.In and of itself , it was “ weak” and did not have “ the power to save” anybody.Blessed people let the Law do what God intended it to do—- show them their need for Grace, their need for a Savior.The Gospel Of Grace does everything the Law could not.....if believed, it actually had the Power to save.All this awe and reverance for a System That could only lead one to a better System .There is Power in the Gospel—not the Law.There is Salvation in the Gospel-  not the Law.I am not knocking the Law.I just don’t like seeing it take a front seat while The Gospel Of Grace too often gets relegated to the back seat