nobleseed

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

i have found lately that a couple people have told me things they believe which i didn't think were true. one an atheist who claimed something can come from nothing, and two a bible study leader who believes the church will be taken away before the tribulation.  the atheist was  easy to refute as i asked for an example of where something come from nothing and all he could come up with was particles, but the bible study teacher was a bit harder as we were studying revelation and even though it talks about the great multitude from the trib, which she had a bit of trouble explaining as to her belief she still believed what she did.  my point is this, make sure what your belief  about God, Jesus and the bible, and life in general is based in truth and knowledge. beliefs that are not based in truth are easily refutable.  we all believe certain things, i believe in the coming of a king the reaper, because of what i have read, if someone can point out why it is not so i am willing to listen.  but it is said do not go beyond what is written and unfortunately many do or they misinterpret what is there.  none of this really matters but interpretation is the cause of much error so simply take the message as it is written.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Some claim that the church is not mentioned in the Revelation after the 4th chapter as evidence of the pre-trib rapture.  I believe it will be removed before the bowls of wrath because repeatedly we see that we are not destined for wrath.  

Rom 5:9  Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

1Th 1:10 and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.

1Th 5:9 For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,776
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, nobleseed said:

i have found lately that a couple people have told me things they believe which i didn't think were true. one an atheist who claimed something can come from nothing, and two a bible study leader who believes the church will be taken away before the tribulation.  the atheist was  easy to refute as i asked for an example of where something come from nothing and all he could come up with was particles, but the bible study teacher was a bit harder as we were studying revelation and even though it talks about the great multitude from the trib, which she had a bit of trouble explaining as to her belief she still believed what she did.  my point is this, make sure what your belief  about God, Jesus and the bible, and life in general is based in truth and knowledge. beliefs that are not based in truth are easily refutable.  we all believe certain things, i believe in the coming of a king the reaper, because of what i have read, if someone can point out why it is not so i am willing to listen.  but it is said do not go beyond what is written and unfortunately many do or they misinterpret what is there.  none of this really matters but interpretation is the cause of much error so simply take the message as it is written.

Not to dismiss your alarm at hearing what you have about the end-times tribulation and whether any saints will be involved in it, nobleseed, but the topic is virtually a cliche that has been debated since the Lord's ascension.

Have you ever heard of Pretrib, Postrib, and Amill? (Pretribulation, Postribulation, Amillenialism).

If not you have some things to search & study & discuss.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Do not worry about any of it. It is all constructs to support doctrines. They do NOT see the COSMOLOGY of God and just take snippets of what they think and weave fancy book-selling ideas around them.

None. Not ONE end times scenario holds up to scholarly study. They all cheat because they do not know.

Just follow the Lord and do His bidding and let the other stuff take care of its self. No one knows anything for sure; they spin their wheels fruitlessly and mislead others with their doctrines.

Edited by Justin Adams
sp
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,776
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Do not worry about any of it. It is all constructs to support doctrines. They do NOT see the COSMOLOGY of God and just take snippets of what they think and weave fancy book-selling ideas around them.

None. Not ONE end times scenario holds up to scholarly study. They all cheat because they do not know.

Just follow the lord and do His bidding and let the other stuff take care of its self. No one knows anything for sure; they spin their wheels fruitlessly and mislead others with their doctrines.

And it does get tiresome...

Ecc 12:9-14
(9)  And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.
(10)  The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.
(11)  The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.
(12)  And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
(13)  Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
(14)  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 8/9/2019 at 10:52 PM, nobleseed said:

The rapture of the Church is going to happen and it will take place before the 7 year tribulation 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 1 Corinthians 15: 50-54. I don't have theological conversations with atheists as a born again Christian because it is counter productive. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

21 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Just follow the Lord and do His bidding and let the other stuff take care of its self. No one knows anything for sure; they spin their wheels fruitlessly and mislead others with their doctrines.

Thank you for your post...

I was glad to read it...

Jesus knew about the prosecution of Christians the first centuries....

Beginning from Jerusalem, and since it has never stopped in hostile environments to the Gospel.... 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Well I don't have much to add other than I agree with you and those who advise not to spend your time with what others tell you other than to take the time to be sure if they comply with what Christ said. If they don't then you can either tell them or if not possible then go about your way. If they do then you can worship and serve God together. Either way, You'll never go wrong!

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/04/1973

On 8/10/2019 at 9:52 AM, nobleseed said:

And that's why we need the  Holy Spirit (The Teacher) to guide and empower us to  understand the scripture to receive the accurate revelation & interpretation.

Stay blessed

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

54 minutes ago, Refresher said:

And that's why we need the  Holy Spirit (The Teacher) to guide and empower us to  understand the scripture to receive the accurate revelation & interpretation.

Stay blessed

And the preacher said: "Those of you with Holy Spirit will see my points are correct..."

I have heard it like that, and it is a horrible way of brain-bashing people.

• Thumbs Up 1