• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, Kevin McCabe said:

I don't see a big problem with it. Universities are here to make money. Nothing else.

First of all....it is cheating if you do the work for these students which they claim is their own.   So you are also leading them to become deceitful.   If you are a Christian, think of a way to eliminate the cheating aspect of your business.    Your faith should mean more than money.

Secondly, it is a big problem.   Because these students will be in the work force and will not have qualifications for doing the work.   It will even be a safety hazard for the public depending on their career.

There was a big cheating scandal here as some rich people, including some Hollywood stars, were paying alot of money to get their kids into certain universities.    They were paying some guy to do college entrance exams for their kids.   Also, they had some coaches lying and saying their kids had been in certain sports in order to get them into college.    These rich people and coaches were found out and are now undergoing prosecution.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks Debp. Good points.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42

9 hours ago, Kevin McCabe said:

I always have a puzzle about my work. I am not sure if it's totally moral or Christian as I consider myself a very devoted person to the faith.

A few years ago I started tutoring for wealthy international students in London. Then I slightly moved to writing assignments and closing projects for them. Writing essays, editing their dissertation, doing coursework and so on. The business grew and I had to subcontract it to a few other writers (mainly PhD students in London to work for some extra cash) to handle the workload. Withing a few years we became one of the industry leading academic essay writing companies in the world now getting assignment and university essays from UK, US, Canada and Australia. I always have this question if what I am doing is right. Some people say this is cheating. Some people say we don't recognise universities authorities as they are here to make money (not educating). What do you think? Can someone be a Christian and still have an essay writing company? Please advise me.

Hi Kevin,

I did not read all the comments, But wanted to add my two cents. 

These People who are hiring you to do their work for them, What if one of them turns out to be your doctor doing surgery on you, and they made it through university by cheating?... Does not make you feel very well cared for. Or what if one of them is your defense attorney in a criminal case, for which you have been charged? Or he is working in a nuclear power facility? 

There are consequences to these actions that you need to consider. I am well aware that this has been going on for some time now in the Universities here in the U.S. 

Not only are your actions detrimental to professions relying on a well educated work force, But it is also giving advantage to those who are already more advantaged in society. 

I Personally would have a hard time doing this sort of work for these reasons. No offense to you it is like being a prostitute, only you are not selling your body, but your mind to the highest bidder.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

10 hours ago, Kevin McCabe said:

What do you think? Can someone be a Christian and still have an essay writing company? Please advise me.

What do you think, can someone be a Christian, and have an income tax preparation service, which helps people cheat on their taxes? 

I think when one encourages or aids someone in wrong doing, then they also are sinning. If you want to help people, perhaps serve as an adviser, look over essays that they have written themselves. Give them hints about organization of thought, length, etc. Grade their paper as a professor might, so they can see what they need to improved, but don't offer to rewrite anything, it should be their words, their thoughts, their research, or it is not their essay.

If they cannot handle the workload, then they also will not be well equipped to function in the real world. Helping them graduate, is not helping them be more qualified, and then everyone suffers as a result.

Bye the way, when you insert links in your posts which take people to sites which provide services for pay, you are trying to take advantage of the site as a free marketing tool. That is not what Worthy is about. It is a form of Spam, and is forbidden in our Terms of Service, which you agreed to when you joined here. Please stop!

They will simply fail their whole course. They will never graduate.

Perhaps they shouldn't. Perhaps they should enter a field that they are actually qualified for. Not everyone is cut our for every career.

don't see a big problem with it. Universities are here to make money. Nothing else.

and what exactly are you doing, seems like you are here to make money off of the situation, compounding the problem, while not contributing to their education. So, you help universities to turn out undereducated students, while putting extra financial burden on the students. Even if it is true that Universities are here to make money, nothing else, how does that justify what you do? I though you were here to talk about YOUR behavior. In the story of Robin Hood, the sheriff of Nottingham was a bad guy, but Robin Hood was still a thief!

What is see it this, one of two possibilities or both. One possibility, is that you are using this forum to advertise your self, in order to make more money. However, you asked a question. The fact that you had to ask if what you do is ethical, is evidence that you are not certain that it is. You do not have faith in what you are doing, perhaps a little conviction that in might even be wrong.

Romans 14:

The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.

I suggest then, that you take that seriously, and consider repentance. You asked the question, as though you are not sure. You asked for advise. People gave you advice, and rather than taking it, you spent the thread trying to justify something you claimed you were uncertain of. What is wrong with this picture?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

11 hours ago, Kevin McCabe said:

I always have a puzzle about my work. I am not sure if it's totally moral or Christian as I consider myself a very devoted person to the faith.

A few years ago I started tutoring for wealthy international students in London. Then I slightly moved to writing assignments and closing projects for them. Writing essays, editing their dissertation, doing coursework and so on. The business grew and I had to subcontract it to a few other writers (mainly PhD students in London to work for some extra cash) to handle the workload. Withing a few years we became one of the industry leading academic essay writing companies in the world now getting assignment and university essays from UK, US, Canada and Australia. I always have this question if what I am doing is right. Some people say this is cheating. Some people say we don't recognise universities authorities as they are here to make money (not educating). What do you think? Can someone be a Christian and still have an essay writing company? Please advise me.

Can someone be a Christian and still have an essay writing company? Please advise me.

Why are you asking this question? Are you doubting yourself if it's right in the eyes of the Lord to do this?

What do you think deep down in your heart?

Is it honest what you're doing?

You said you are a Christian,are you born again and do you know who Jesus is and what does He mean to you?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, Kevin McCabe said:

Very good answer. But at the end of the day I need to bring bread to the table of my family. I am not hurting anyone but the so called educational establishment which are nothing but debt creating factories. 

Rationalize much?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Is this cheating?

A college student writes an essay. That person asks their friend possibly an English major to edit their essay. The student takes the edited essay from their friend and retypes the essay with the corrections. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

15 hours ago, Kevin McCabe said:

12 hours ago, Kevin McCabe said:

They will simply fail their whole course. They will never graduate.

When asked what would happen to these students if you didn't do the work for them. Your reply was that they would fail. So they get to graduate now, but then down the road; they experience failure that is worse for them, than if they had simply failed a class. The cheating will cost them more in the long run than if they had failed a class. The joy one gets from cheating is very, very short lived. When one does the work themselves, they retain the information throughout their lifetime, plus they can proudly say with confidence, that they earned the degree and are confident that they are able to do the job well. And it will show. While a job looks good on paper, actual hands on tells the real story.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

12 hours ago, Behold said:

Why don't you just ask God &  Jesus?

I'm sure, if you are saved, they will tell you.

We, on a forum, are not your final authority.

So, go to the Final authority (God, Christ, and the New Testament) and get your answer, and then you'll know for sure.

I don't think the question should be is my work Christian, but am I a devout Christian in the way I conduct my business??

I think he already knows. That's why he is here.

Like the rich young ruler he is trying to satisfy his cheating love of money, but wants to feel comfortable with it, so he doesn't have to give up what he has..

He already knows he has done wrong, and his conscience is bothering him the longer he does this. His whole life is built on what he does including his family life and his wealthy life style that he would have to give up. Back to the rich young ruler that walked away from Jesus.

I think many of us have been in somewhat similar situations, maybe with a woman, drinking or drugs or some other inappropriate lifestyle, including me many years ago.

I don't judge, and neither should any of the rest of us, but ask you to search your heart as I did many years ago, and just like the Tax collector had to do when Jesus asked him to give back what he had stolen and follow HIM.

The rich young ruler walked away, but the tax collector followed Jesus. What will you do Kevin McCabe???

Edited by Seasoned by Grace

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Debp said:

First of all....it is cheating if you do the work for these students which they claim is their own.   So you are also leading them to become deceitful.   If you are a Christian, think of a way to eliminate the cheating aspect of your business.    Your faith should mean more than money.

Secondly, it is a big problem.   Because these students will be in the work force and will not have qualifications for doing the work.   It will even be a safety hazard for the public depending on their career.

There was a big cheating scandal here as some rich people, including some Hollywood stars, were paying alot of money to get their kids into certain universities.    They were paying some guy to do college entrance exams for their kids.   Also, they had some coaches lying and saying their kids had been in certain sports in order to get them into college.    These rich people and coaches were found out and are now undergoing prosecution.

I knew of a mother who did all of her daughters work when she was in college. Apparently the daughter could not do the work :noidea: