• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,242
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, Kevin McCabe said:

I always have a puzzle about my work. I am not sure if it's totally moral or Christian as I consider myself a very devoted person to the faith.

Might want ta reconsider, Kevin.

Quit looking for approval when you already know.
You wouldn't be here if you had faith in your actions.

This is good. The first step. Perhaps?
To be in the world, but not of the world.
Christians are set apart, right Kevin?
Repent:
= change your bloody thinking, eh, wot!.......default_cool2.gif.c26c1217bab2cb727951c8e23bec5ee1.gif

Your conscience is talking to you.
Listen............

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 8/10/2019 at 10:36 PM, Seasoned by Grace said:

Like the rich young ruler he is trying to satisfy his cheating love of money, but wants to feel comfortable with it, so he doesn't have to give up what he has..

He already knows he has done wrong, and his conscience is bothering him the longer he does this. His whole life is built on what he does including his family life and his wealthy life style that he would have to give up. Back to the rich young ruler that walked away from Jesus.

I think many of us have been in somewhat similar situations, maybe with a woman, drinking or drugs or some other inappropriate lifestyle, including me many years ago.

I don't judge, and neither should any of the rest of us, but ask you to search your heart as I did many years ago, and just like the Tax collector had to do when Jesus asked him to give back what he had stolen and follow HIM.

The rich young ruler walked away, but the tax collector followed Jesus. What will you do Kevin McCabe???

I think the rich young ruler comment, was a good take. Judging, on the other had, is the job of the Christian towards others who claim to be Chrstians (1 Cor 5). In any case, it is not as though we just jumped in all judgmentally, he asked, we answered.

Now the question becomes what should he do?: Listen to advice, or ignore it?

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I think I will hold off any further comment, until I see that Keven has revisited the thread, and perhaps responded!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

@Kevin McCabe

10 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I think I will hold off any further comment, until I see that Keven has revisited the thread, and perhaps responded!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

The problem here as I see it is if you have to ask the question then you should check your own heart and reevaluate your devotion to the teachings of the Lord. I believe that anyone who is truly a child of God would know instantly that the "job" to which you refer is in direct conflict with God's teaching. The teachings of Jesus are pretty clear that we must abstain from sin. Cheating is sin and helping folks to cheat is the same. I am curious, you seem to be doing pretty well for yourself, so how much of the ill gotten gain was used as Jesus commanded, to help those in need and how much was used for your own personal gain? That will give you your answer and I ask because since you seem to be in a quandary about the ethics of cheating then possibly you also aren't familiar with what Jesus taught us to do with the money which God has entrusted you.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

45 minutes ago, unworthyservant said:

The problem here as I see it is if you have to ask the question then you should check your own heart and reevaluate your devotion to the teachings of the Lord. I believe that anyone who is truly a child of God would know instantly that the "job" to which you refer is in direct conflict with God's teaching. The teachings of Jesus are pretty clear that we must abstain from sin. Cheating is sin and helping folks to cheat is the same. I am curious, you seem to be doing pretty well for yourself, so how much of the ill gotten gain was used as Jesus commanded, to help those in need and how much was used for your own personal gain? That will give you your answer and I ask because since you seem to be in a quandary about the ethics of cheating then possibly you also aren't familiar with what Jesus taught us to do with the money which God has entrusted you.

Thanks for your kind words. Nobody is perfect and I am not exactly a saint. I am trying to win living for my family.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 8/10/2019 at 9:40 AM, Kevin McCabe said:

I always have a puzzle about my work. I am not sure if it's totally moral or Christian as I consider myself a very devoted person to the faith.

A few years ago I started tutoring for wealthy international students in London. Then I slightly moved to writing assignments and closing projects for them. Writing essays, editing their dissertation, doing coursework and so on. The business grew and I had to subcontract it to a few other writers (mainly PhD students in London to work for some extra cash) to handle the workload. Withing a few years we became one of the industry leading academic essay writing companies in the world now getting assignment and university essays from UK, US, Canada and Australia. I always have this question if what I am doing is right. Some people say this is cheating. Some people say we don't recognise universities authorities as they are here to make money (not educating). What do you think? Can someone be a Christian and still have an essay writing company? Please advise me.

Yeah. You're helping people cheat. No doubt about it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/10/2019 at 10:59 AM, Jayne said:

If you are concerned about this, then why is there a hidden link in your post that takes us to your company's site which advertises your services?  Why do you boast and brag about it as if you are trying to sell it here?

Good catch. Yep. I think you've nailed it.

On 8/10/2019 at 12:56 PM, Kevin McCabe said:

Not true. We get a lot of orders for editing and proofreading. Especially for dissertations. But in general yes. We also write everything from scratch.

It's that last sentence that's the issue. If you create a work and then let them take credit for it to be used to determine their grade, then yes, it's definitely cheating. The editing and proofreading can fall on either side of the line, of course. The whole thing gets kinda fuzzy, ethically. Kinda like, are you being immoral when you go 72 in a 70 mph (or KPH for the UK) zone? Personally, I think not, but then I know  a lot of cops and their take on it.

BTW, I don't mean to sound holier than though on this. I'm speaking academically. I used the speeding example because, well, there is a reason I don't put the fish on my car. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

2 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

How about focussing on the proofreading side of it, maybe downsize your outsourcing to PhD students, and just keep it small and ethical to make a living just for you and your family?

I'm working on it.

To be honest a lot of those PhD students love working for our company. Specially in the UK, if you are a PhD students, you won't get a lot from university by part time tutoring at undergrad level. A lot of these PhD students work at Starbucks or Uber. 
But I had a conversation with our family priest last week. He is not happy with this. Although I am too old to start something new, I am thinking of starting something else.