• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I have been under a lot of stress for months now. Too much to go into.  I seem to get little comfort when I pray. It feels as though God has turn me out. Though in my mind I know that can not be true. But where is he? Why do I not feel his peace?  No I do not have unrepented sin in my life.  I do not know of anything that I did.  So what is wrong? 

Get away to a quiet place and seek the Lord till you find him.  Just make sure you won't be interrupted.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,933
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, LadyKay said:

So what is wrong? 

Do u fast regularly ?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I have been under a lot of stress for months now. Too much to go into.  I seem to get little comfort when I pray. It feels as though God has turn me out. Though in my mind I know that can not be true. But where is he? Why do I not feel his peace?  No I do not have unrepented sin in my life.  I do not know of anything that I did.  So what is wrong? 

Lady Kay, hi, as you stated " why do I not feel his presence, Your not taking your time in his word. We all have to work out same times to get in shape. The Parable of The Sower of The Seed, can help you shake awake. In pretty sure we all go thru the slumps, but the rewards are to the ones that stand again. Look, Listen and Learn made sense when we were young.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

19 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Maybe you need to slow down.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Keep one thing in mind:  Facts are not feelings and feelings are not facts.

It may 'feel' like God moved, but the fact is God never moves, we do.

It may 'feel' like God doesn't hear your prayers, the fact is God hears and answers all prayers that come from the heart.

It may "feel" like you are abandoned by God, but the fact is God never leaves us nor forsakes us.

It may "feel" like you are all alone, but the fact is we are never alone, God is always present in our times of troubles.

Facts are not feelings and feelings are not facts.  Go by Faith instead of feelings.  Believe and remind yourself that God is with you, God sees you, God knows you, and God is waiting for you to simply submit wholly and completely to Him and have Faith that He does care and loves you and is there waiting for you.

TC

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, naominash said:

Sometimes, when I can't feel the Lord's presence--- that's what I talk about. There are Psalms like this too.

I talk to the Lord honestly about how I feel and that I'm hungry for him. Sometimes that helps me. 

That is the best thing to do.  Take it to Jesus.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

I see that several people have given some good suggestions and being as I don't know the details, I'm afraid I don't have a definitive answer for you but I will simply say that your stress may have nothing at all to do with your relationship with God. Just remember that God doesn't promise us we'll not have stress but He is always there to help you deal with it. God bless and I'll say a prayer for you.

• Loved it! 1