Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,381
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Something that I feel really worked with me was the amount of exposure I got to Christianity. As a kid I saw a lot of Christian shows, my grandmother visibly prayed a lot, sang Christian songs, and so on. Other relatives set their own examples as well, and I remember getting a book with pictures and different Bible stories early in life that people read from to me.

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Love him and set a good example.   My mom and grandma were never pushy about God and faith to me.   But I sure saw from their lives that they truly believed in the Lord.   Grandma was always reading her Bible and praying for people to be saved.   My mom sought the Lord in her hard times, He was her solace.   I was also sent to Sunday School and church.   Love for the Lord and believing in Him came easily to me....I had seen it practiced by two people that really loved Jesus.

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Start today reading the Bible with him/her every day.   Reading to babies before they are born starts a bond that can be hard to start after birth when things get hectic....    Set the example every day of leading a holy life and let him/her know of your relationship with the Lord....   

Be very careful of the things he/she watches on TV.....   watch carefully what you have on TV yourself   LoL

pray with him/her every day...   sometimes just over nothing....   teach him/her that if he takes the little things to the Lord in prayer it tends to head off big things....   but the most important thing is always set the example that you want him/her to be.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

13 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Im currently 30 weeks. My mom told me I could drop him any day now. 

I hope he doesnt come before Im done with classes... 

But i realized since he's coming i need to teach him ( when he's older ) about God.

For those who have kids..what are some ways you all teach your baby about God?

I would think there would be times the subject would come up naturally. When the opportunity arises, take it.

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

7 hours ago, turtletwo said:

@Figure of eighty :oWow! I didn't know you were that far along already. How time flies! When little Sydney is placed into your arms, the bond will kick in. God will guide you what to do. I just know in my heart of hearts you will be a great mother. :)

Thanm you so much. Im praying mom instics will kick in lol :)

• Loved it! 1

4 hours ago, Debp said:

Love him and set a good example.   My mom and grandma were never pushy about God and faith to me.   But I sure saw from their lives that they truly believed in the Lord.   Grandma was always reading her Bible and praying for people to be saved.   My mom sought the Lord in her hard times, He was her solace.   I was also sent to Sunday School and church.   Love for the Lord and believing in Him came easily to me....I had seen it practiced by two people that really loved Jesus.

Thats good. I defintely need to practice more.. I wont push it on him either I kind want him to come to God naturally. Im just kinda like ehhh because i havent read in forever or been to church in a long time.

• Loved it! 1

4 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

Something that I feel really worked with me was the amount of exposure I got to Christianity. As a kid I saw a lot of Christian shows, my grandmother visibly prayed a lot, sang Christian songs, and so on. Other relatives set their own examples as well, and I remember getting a book with pictures and different Bible stories early in life that people read from to me.

I like a bible picture book. Ill get that for him.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

You cannot make your child Christian regardless. Salvation is of the Lord. He saves who He will. Being brought up "christian" or in a Christian home is not the same as being called to repentance by the Holy Spirit and turning about to see Jesus revealed as one's Lord and savior, and then confessing that personally. Each child if they are granted time to grow faces their own plight and gets to see the unsaved world too. Many a child wanders from our Lord, but  He does not wander the Holy spirit will call. So simply be what God has led you to be and share  plus pray with your child. The Holy Spirit will call them specifically at the time already known and predestined by God  for His own.

Relax a little - enjoy the day  each day as the adventure marches on, and upon you. Don't make so much work of it that neither you nor your child much enjoys life.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

7 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Thats good. I defintely need to practice more.. I wont push it on him either I kind want him to come to God naturally. Im just kinda like ehhh because i havent read in forever or been to church in a long time.

Remember the verse, "Train a child up in the ways he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

Also, you can plant seeds without being pushy.   Have a brief prayer with him each night before he goes to sleep.   You mentioned getting the Bible picture book, that's good.   Maybe read it briefly with him before bed.    And really Sunday School is good as seeds are planted.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

plenty Christian videos for kids, if a kid ( young child) start with junk on tv You alreafy lost