Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Figure of eighty

How to teach my baby about God?

Recommended Posts

Im currently 30 weeks. My mom told me I could drop him any day now. 

I hope he doesnt come before Im done with classes... 

But i realized since he's coming i need to teach him ( when he's older ) about God.

 

For those who have kids..what are some ways you all teach your baby about God?

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You be encouraged .    From the moment that baby comes into the world ,  teach him Jesus Christ .

In fact I hope its the first name the baby hears the moment the docs whack his back to start his breathing .       OH let all praise the LORD .

  • Praise God! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After he is born, or even right now, ...dedicate him to the Lord, then after he is born, the first thing you tell him is, "Jesus loves you!" Whisper in his ear, Jesus is Lord, God loves you, and other Truths you know from the Word, ...remember, he's Father's child and he is just on loan to you, ...even though he doesn't understand what you are saying you are planting seeds, ...then when he does start to understand and talk,  ...won't it be exciting the questions he will ask.

Joseph and Mary must have done a good job teaching Jesus so that when he was only 12 years old he could talk with the elders in the Temple and they were amazed with his knowledge. 

Lord bless

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once you hold him your arms, all questions of what to do and say will vanish..

Blessings Always.

Have you given him a name yet?

  • Loved it! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pinacled said:

Once you hold him your arms, all questions of what to do and say will vanish..

Blessings Always.

Have you given him a name yet?

Yes. Its Sydney :)

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

After he is born, or even right now, ...dedicate him to the Lord, then after he is born, the first thing you tell him is, "Jesus loves you!" Whisper in his ear, Jesus is Lord, God loves you, and other Truths you know from the Word, ...remember, he's Father's child and he is just on loan to you, ...even though he doesn't understand what you are saying you are planting seeds, ...then when he does start to understand and talk,  ...won't it be exciting the questions he will ask.

Joseph and Mary must have done a good job teaching Jesus so that when he was only 12 years old he could talk with the elders in the Temple and they were amazed with his knowledge. 

Lord bless

Yes he will be christened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The baby can hear you even now and will know your voice when he is born, just as you will recognize that kick that he will give your belly  is the same as you feel within you now.  Play Christian music and sing to him.  Hymns like Jesus Loves Me, Jesus loves the little Children and other childrens songs will stay with him all his life.  Scripture choruses are especially important.  

Teach him to respect authority, to respect other peoples' property, to be kind, and teach him to say sorry.  Like it has been said, your example is what he will imitate.

 Never disciple when you are angry, but only when it is necessary to lead him in the ways of righteousness and for his good.  

  • This is Worthy 3
  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

My mom told me I could drop him any day now. 

Love him!

(Just don't drop him.......:)

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Figure of eighty :oWow! I didn't know you were that far along already. How time flies! When little Sydney is placed into your arms, the bond will kick in. God will guide you what to do. I just know in my heart of hearts you will be a great mother. :)

  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...