dhchristian

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  0

From David Wilkerson: The last-day church.

I believe Gods vision for His last-day church is based on His revealed Wordbecause the Bible clearly outlines what the church of Jesus Christ will be like just prior to His coming.

The church in America is far from what God envisioned it to be. For the most part, entire denominations today operate without the Holy Spirit. They are devoid of the presence of Jesus and bankrupt of all spiritual gifts. They practice a form of religion without any power, conviction or saving message. They are cozy with the world and are more political than spiritual. They appease sin, wink at divorce and ridicule the supernatural, while tossing aside all teaching about heaven, hell, repentance and judgment.

The New Testament church made devils tremble! It drove legions of demons into the abyss, prayed prison doors open, made rulers cringe in fear. Those early believers had such faith and power that cripples rose up leaping and beggars became evangelists. They believed in the supernatural and they opened blind eyes, unstopped deaf ears and healed all manner of diseases. They even raised the dead!

I am not saying Gods last-day church will be a repeat or copy of the first-century church. NoI am saying it will be even greater than that! It will be mightier, stronger, with an ever greater revelation of Jesus. It will have greater unction from the Spirit than evergreater even than at Pentecost! God always saves His best wine for last!

The prophet Daniel confirms this. He said that certain prophetic truths were locked up, only to be revealed in the last days: For the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. . . . And none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand (Daniel 12:9-10).

Today the Holy Spirit is revealing these things to spiritual, discerning saints! It is written: Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things that God has prepared for those who love Him. But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God (1 Corinthians 2:9-10).

The Lord is preparing a powerful yet humble army of shepherds after His own heart and also a remnant congregation of hungry sheep who have turned away from the deadness and sin of the modern church. The scene is being set for that church which will be hot, not lukewarmand it will rock the very foundations of hell. No power on earth will be able to ignore or despise it!

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=27674

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

The following is a long sermon from C. H. Spurgeon Called the "Discipline of the Lord" I will only link it here but if you have time read the entirety. 

http://www.biblebb.com/files/spurgeon/2374.htm

I want to draw attention to this snippet from the above link.

During times of discipline we have also proved, dear friends, the power of the Word of God.

When your vessel is sailing along in smooth waters, the Word of God may grow to be a dead letter within you; but when the waves that are rolling by seem to be as high as mountains, and are smashing over you, and you are soaked through and through, and are afraid that the deep will swallow you up, then you begin to test the promises, and to prove the power of the Word of God. When its inexpressible sweetness reaches your heart, then you can indeed feel that you have been taught out of God’s Word. You see how the two things go together: “Blessed is the man you discipline, O Lord, the man you teach from your law.” O Lord, still use the rod if you see that it is necessary; but go on teaching us out of your Word! We are slow to learn, and poor scholars at the best; but you may still make something of us.

One of the sweetest moments in our walk with LORD is When this occurs, and His Word comes to Life. Anyone who has experience this discipline knows exactly what Spurgeon is talking about. Those who remain in their Lukewarm state will never experience the Richness of His Word and How that Word speaks to you directly, as the voice of God. Only then do we learn to stand on HIS promises, and only then do Know His assurance that we are His children, and Nothing can separate us from this fact. This assurance stands in contrast to those who doubt and say there is no such thing as eternal security in Christ Jesus. That is because they are living in Partial unbelief.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. 24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it. ( Romans 8:16-25) 

19 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Those who remain in their Lukewarm state will never experience the Richness of His Word and How that Word speaks to you directly, as the voice of God.

In The Above I touched on riches in Christ Jesus and richness of His Word. I want to elaborate on that at this time a bit With a little game along the lines of "you might be a redneck" By Jeff Foxworthy, Only this one is called "you might be a Laodicean If..." This of course is not meant to be a game, or a Joke, but to lead one to the assessment that one has a "redneck faith" and partial unbelief.

You might be a Laodicean if...

1 You have no idea what the unsearchable riches of Christ are.  Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; (Eph 3:8)

2 You have no idea what the "fellowship of the Mystery" is referring to in the next verse. And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: (Eph 3:9)

3 You have no understanding of what this next verse is talking about. To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, (Eph 3:10)

4 And you have no idea what his purpose is for you, for the next day let alone for eternity. According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: (Eph 3:11)

===============

I could literally take a multiplicity of scriptures such as this passage and you may have an understanding of them mentally, but your heart does not understand nor believe the full scope of these passages. The Laodicean church is rich materially and in numbers of members, and sizes of congregations, and if Spiritual riches was only measured in these carnal terms, then yes she is rich, But God measures richness in spiritual terms. I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; (rev. 3:18)

When was the last time you heard a sermon on spiritual riches as opposed to carnal riches in your church? When was the last time someone who has been going through the fire that Purges was held up as an example in your church for people to follow? Yes Christians have their heroes who are millionaires, But what about the one who is a millionaire in heaven? When have we held that sort of rugged individual who bears the scars of suffering for Christ sake up? Yes we show honor to the Martyrs of the faith, But when was the last time we suffered with them, because they as a part of the body were suffering? The church has never had more converts, and yet has never been so weak spiritually. Her size is growing, but the size of the maturity of hearts and the number of saints to come out of her is virtually non-existent. The  Problem is that she has deceived herself into thinking that church is just a place we Go on Sunday (or Saturday) morning, to sing some songs, learn about God, and have some coffee with others there and fellowship by talking about what we did the week before, or what our favorite sports team is doing. Nothing wrong with all that you say? No If that were a country club, or the workplace. But the church is far more than a place, the church is people that make up the body of Christ. The church was meant to be a light in a dark world, a city on hill, the salt of the earth. 

We sit in our churches and bemoan the grievous sins of the world, but we do not point the finger inward anymore. When the church is a beacon of light in a dark world, people are drawn to the Light. When the church is operating in power and Richness of the Spirit the Bars close, because they have no customers. When revival comes, the fire reaches across into the world, and the fear of God sets in to the wicked of the World, But when the church is the way it is now, they freely pervert, what is to be perverted, and drink till they are drunk on wickedness, till the sons of Belial roam amongst us and civility is no more. 

This all because we think we are rich, but we are Poor, as poor can be Spiritually. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard Christians say "what can we do about it"? in an oh well attitude. What can we do? we can light the fire in our own hearts, and then let that fire light those around us, which in turn kindles our community. But it all begins with us. Jesus chose 12 nobodies, fishermen, tax collectors, and he himself was a carpenter. They turned the world upside down. But first, You need to admit, that I am a Laodicean, and am wretched, Pitiable, poor, naked and blind. Will the end of the age be the church's greatest victory, or will this be the church's greatest failure? You will determine that !    

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 8/11/2019 at 8:10 PM, dhchristian said:

The prophet Daniel confirms this. He said that certain prophetic truths were locked up, only to be revealed in the last days: For the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. . . . And none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand (Daniel 12:9-10).

Today the Holy Spirit is revealing these things to spiritual, discerning saints! It is written: Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things that God has prepared for those who love Him. But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God (1 Corinthians 2:9-10).

The Lord is preparing a powerful yet humble army of shepherds after His own heart and also a remnant congregation of hungry sheep who have turned away from the deadness and sin of the modern church. The scene is being set for that church which will be hot, not lukewarmand it will rock the very foundations of hell.

I agree with the first two paragraphs. Not so much the implied suggestion of the third, that there will be some kind of world-shaking powerful revival before the Second Coming. Jesus himself said,

Luke 18:8 Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

The presumptive answer is, "not much." Yes, there will be powerful people of faith in the End of the Age, but not many. Most of those taken up to the Lord will, in my opinion, be the struggling faithful, those who kept their lamps burning even while napping in the sleepy dullness just before the heavenly announcement:

Matt. 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.  6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

I agree with the first two paragraphs. Not so much the implied suggestion of the third, that there will be some kind of world-shaking powerful revival before the Second Coming. Jesus himself said,

Luke 18:8 Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

The presumptive answer is, "not much." Yes, there will be powerful people of faith in the End of the Age, but not many. Most of those taken up to the Lord will, in my opinion, be the struggling faithful, those who kept their lamps burning even while napping in the sleepy dullness just before the heavenly announcement:

Matt. 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.  6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

That is why I posed the following question at the end of my previous comment.

"Will the end of the age be the church's greatest victory, or will this be the church's greatest failure? You will determine that ! "

The church consists of the saints and the Faithful in Christ Jesus. Will there be a BIRTH of the Saints of God before the end, I think Scripture is clear on this as well in Romans 8. All though there is the distinct possibility that this Laodicean church will remain in partial unbelief, and be spued out? That is why I am saying to all here on this site, We are all Laodiceans and we need to come to terms with this, and heed the Warnings and the means to overcome as instructed in this letter. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

11 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

That is why I am saying to all here on this site, We are all Laodiceans...

Probably true for most on this site, but I am of the opinion that all of the seven churches are currently represented on earth. It's just that the Laodicean Church is the predominate one at this time.

Just now, WilliamL said:

Probably true for most on this site, but I am of the opinion that all of the seven churches are currently represented on earth. It's just that the Laodicean Church is the predominate one at this time.

The Laodicean candle stick is the one that is lit in this Laodicean age. That is to say they are the Spirit of the age. Pray for Guidance from the Holy Ghost on this. Many will fall, thinking they are Philadelphians and not heeding this message for this day and age.  

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; (Rev. 3:14)

To each of the seven churches Jesus Introduces Himself with a unique set of descriptives, all of which can be found in rev. 1. Applying these descriptives to these churches is the prescription of his Character that these churches need to dwell on. The Laodicean prescription comes in three statements: 

1 The Amen

2 The faithful and true witness.

3 The beginning of the creation of God.

I want to briefly describe these and show you how they apply to the times we are living in, with relevant examples of each.

1 The Amen: Notice this is capitalized, meaning Jesus is using this to name himself. The Word Amen, placed at the beginning of a sentence is translated as "verily" or "truthfully" and at the end of a sentence translated as "Amen" the agreement we share when praying and uttering this word. Here we see the Amen used, Pointing to this church being the final statement of this church age. In This day and age, what is the spirit of the World is known as Post modernism. Post modernism is an age that denies and destroys any absolute Truths we Hold dear. For example, the sanctity of marriage, being between a Man and Woman, And the graying, and in some cases elimination of all lines marking what is right and what is wrong. Jesus stands in contradiction to the spirit of this age and stands in Truth. 

2 The Faithful and True witness: There are many forces at work in this age trying to get you to question the veracity of the Word of God, and the divine inspiration thereof. These assaults have always been there, but increasingly they are coming from within the church. Just like the wheat is ready for harvest, so too have the Tares amongst the wheat matured no so that their Brazen assaults are no longer met with resistance but rather acquiescence,  tolerance, and in some cases with enthusiastic reception. For example, someone can come onto a Christian site and question the very deity of Christ Jesus to little or no resistance and rebuke. This most vital and essential doctrine of the Christian faith has always been the place and very definition of false religion, but now there is even acceptance among the members of the church of this teaching. But Jesus is the faithful and True witness. He testified of His deity in more than one place, and in fact the whole word of God Points to his divinity, and He is the Word of God made flesh, the Logos. No matter how they try to change scriptures, they cannot eliminate this fact, for the He testified of Himself. the Triune Godhead is not a figment of a theologians imagination, but the very essence of Eloyhim all of whom were present in the creation of the earth.

3. The beginning of the Creation of God: In no time has so much doubt been put on the creation of God, with topics such as evolution to Ancient aliens as the origin of life. But the Creation of God is speaking back to counter this to those who will hear. Advancements in science Genetics, astronomy and physics are all pointing a creator God who created the earth in a six days, while these theories are beginning to fall apart. To counter this there is a rise in the acceptance of pantheistic, and panentheistic religions among the scientists. The Ancient aliens concept being one of these deceptions that is being mainstreamed quickly by the scientific community and governments of this world in response to the strong evidence of intelligent design in creation itself. Jesus, the Word of God, who created the earth and the World, and his creation is pointing back to Him as the beginning of the creation of God.

Jesus as he describes himself in this introduction stands in contradiction to the spirit of this age. He is the prescription to this church to overcome, in this day and age, for all Who hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. (Rev 3:22)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

No matter how much we froth at the gills and proclaim stuff and our power.. and all this juxtaposing,  we must be reminded that God includes us because He wants to. He does not 'need' us. It is His Battle. His fight and His reward will be His children snatched form the jaws of their own apparently wonderful works.

What does He require of us? To love mercy and do justly and to walk humbly with Him.  That is it.

9 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

No matter how much we froth at the gills and proclaim stuff and our power.. and all this juxtaposing,  we must be reminded that God includes us because He wants to. He does not 'need' us. It is His Battle. His fight and His reward will be His children snatched form the jaws of their own apparently wonderful works.

What does He require of us? To love mercy and do justly and to walk humbly with Him.  That is it.

A Bit off topic, But fitting, from A.W. Tozer: STANDING FOR TRUTH

We have developed in recent times a peace-loving, soft-spoken, tame and harmless brand of Christian of whom the world has no fear and for whom it has little respect. We are careful, for instance, never to speak in public against any of the false cults lest we be thought intolerant. We fear to talk against the destructive sins of modern civilization for fear someone will brand us as bigoted and narrow. Little by little we have been forced off the hard earth into a religious cloud-land where we are permitted to wing our harmless way around, like swallows at sundown, saying nothing that might stir the ire of the sons of this world. That Neo-Christianity, which seems for the time to be the most popular (and is certainly the most aggressive), is very careful not to oppose sin. It wins its crowds by amusing them and its converts by hiding from them the full implications of the Christian message. It carries on its projects after the ballyhoo methods of American business. Well might we paraphrase Wordsworth and cry, "Elijah, thou shouldst be living at this hour; America has need of thee." We stand in desperate need of a few men like Elijah who will dare to face up to the brazen sinners who dictate our every way of life. Sin in the full proportions of a revolution or a plague has all but destroyed our civilization while church people have played like children in the marketplace. What has happened to the spirit of the American Christian? Has our gold become dim? Have we lost the spirit of discernment till we can no longer recognize our captors? How much longer will we hide in caves while Ahab and Jezebel continue to pollute the temple and ravage the land? Surely we should give this some serious thought and prayer before it is too late--if indeed it is not too late already.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=4786

No, God does not need us, But the World does. If we refuse to speak up, the World will not have light. when the world has no light, Into wickedness it will descend, till the sons of Belial roam our streets, and the Antichrist rules in our midst. Is this God's will? Sure he knows this would come to be as the light on the candlestick of this last church age flickers. But His plan is Greater than our failure. His redemption accounts for our failure, and shows us a way to overcome. The final revival of the church is not like the past revivals, but a quiet revival in the hearts of individuals who yearn for the Truth and stand on the Truth. In So doing, the brethren who refuse to be revived will be quick to condemn you and call you a bigot or a bible thumper, and then accuse you, But that will be your opportunity to give your testimony. The Love of many even in the church will Wax cold, But revived ones will be able to Stand in the presence of the councils and Judges and Kings, and Speak empowered by the Spirit, Words that no one will be able to resist. Is this not what Jesus said in  the Olivet Discourse says will be shortly before the end?

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. (Matt. 24)

12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. 13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony. 14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: 15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. 16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. 17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. 18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish. 19 In your patience possess ye your souls. (Luke 21)

But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them. 10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations. 11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost. 12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death. 13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. (Mark 13)

The question for all who read this, is will you be among the ones accused, or among the one's betraying, and resisting the Truth? Or the one speaking the Truth in Love?  

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. (Eph 4:14-16)