Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,445
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

The following is my biblical perception of the Lord's judiciary and legal system of judgement. There is a heavenly government and order; and God ordained human government and order. I thought this would be interesting to discuss and hear alternate opinions and views.

One day every human being ever born is going to stand at one of two places; either the BEMA seat of Christ if they had put their faith and trust and accepted Christ as their own personal Savior, or the Great White Throne Judgement; and the "Books" (plural) will be opened. The Lord has infinite wisdom, is omnipotent and doesn't need any books for judgment. But our God is legalistic and will administer the perfect and appropriate justice; so that we stand without excuse or defense, unless covered by the blood of the Lamb. These six books I'm going to mention could be a metaphor, parable or symbolic; but I don't think so, I believe them to be literal and a written record much like our proceedings and evidence in a court of law.  

Revelation 20:12 (KJV) And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. [emphasis mine]  The following books are referred too or indicated in the Bible for judgment, deeds, rewards, etc.

1. The Bible

2. The Book of Life

3. The Book of the Living

4. The Book of Remembrance

5. The Book of Tears

6. The Book of Rewards

I think it not improper to conjecture angels (messengers) could be writing, recording and documenting the works and deeds of every human being as a witness. We take everything in the Bible as literal; unless clearly identified as symbolic, a metaphor or a parable. Two; is the biblical number of witnessing and legal matters.

Revelation 5:1 (KJV) And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. I believe the 'book' the Apostle John mentions here is the rightful title deed to the earth / universe; I think it is literal and not symbolic or a metaphor, and as John actually witnessed it. 

The Lord gave us His perfect, legal and infallible record of His written Word to us. Hearsay, slander and lies are not permitted in any moral and righteous proceeding or trial, only collected and recorded evidence and credible testimony are permitted. The Lord preserved His Word in writing; I suspect the above mentioned 'books' are a written record also? 

Ever given any thought or study to the preceding??

Edited by Dennis1209
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

9 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Interesting thoughts on the aspect of numerous books recorded in Heaven. I always assumed there would be more than one Book of Life, due to the amount of people that are expected to show up. ;)

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,445
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Interesting thoughts on the aspect of numerous books recorded in Heaven. I always assumed there would be more than one Book of Life, due to the amount of people that are expected to show up. ;)

I don't know, but I don't think what Jesus said can not be taken out of context.

Matthew 7:14 (KJV) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

17 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

1. The Bible

2. The Book of Life

5. The Book of Tears

6. The Book of Rewards

Number one, The Bible I can imagine will  be there.

Matthew 24:35  Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.  KJV

Number four, The Book of Remembrance. No doubt there will be countless glorious things to be remembered. I wonder how many thoughts, actions, and deeds will be thrown into what has been popularly called, The Sea of Forgetfulness? 

Micah 7:19  He will turn again, he will have compassion on us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.  KJV   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I have only heard of the Book of Life during a sermon or two.  I am intrigued to learn more about these other books. 

Aside from these other books being mentioned in the Bible, is/are there other references that explain these books more in detail?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

The following is my biblical perception of the Lord's judiciary and legal system of judgement. There is a heavenly government and order; and God ordained human government and order. I thought this would be interesting to discuss and hear alternate opinions and views.

One day every human being ever born is going to stand at one of two places; either the BEMA seat of Christ if they had put their faith and trust and accepted Christ as their own personal Savior, or the Great White Throne Judgement; and the "Books" (plural) will be opened. The Lord has infinite wisdom, is omnipotent and doesn't need any books for judgment. But our God is legalistic and will administer the perfect and appropriate justice; so that we stand without excuse or defense, unless covered by the blood of the Lamb. These six books I'm going to mention could be a metaphor, parable or symbolic; but I don't think so, I believe them to be literal and a written record much like our proceedings and evidence in a court of law.  

Revelation 20:12 (KJV) And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. [emphasis mine]  The following books are referred too or indicated in the Bible for judgment, deeds, rewards, etc.

1. The Bible

2. The Book of Life

5. The Book of Tears

6. The Book of Rewards

I think it not improper to conjecture angels (messengers) could be writing, recording and documenting the works and deeds of every human being as a witness. We take everything in the Bible as literal; unless clearly identified as symbolic, a metaphor or a parable. Two; is the biblical number of witnessing and legal matters.

Revelation 5:1 (KJV) And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. I believe the 'book' the Apostle John mentions here is the rightful title deed to the earth / universe; I think it is literal and not symbolic or a metaphor, and as John actually witnessed it. 

The Lord gave us His perfect, legal and infallible record of His written Word to us. Hearsay, slander and lies are not permitted in any moral and righteous proceeding or trial, only collected and recorded evidence and credible testimony are permitted. The Lord preserved His Word in writing; I suspect the above mentioned 'books' are a written record also? 

I have heard of the book of life and the Lamb's book of life which I understand are the same book. I think you are speculating on the other books you have mentioned. I have also heard of the book of the living somewhere but I can not remember what I read. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

I think you are speculating on the other books you have mentioned.

It is relatively easy to look up on the internet. There are both Bible references and commentaries by expositors and scholars on the books. Why not start with a simple search perhaps on DuckDuckGo.com search engine for Book of Tears? And as part of that read Matthew Henry's dissertation. It i spretty interesting stuff, have fun!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

It is relatively easy to look up on the internet. There are both Bible references and commentaries by expositors and scholars on the books. Why not start with a simple search perhaps on DuckDuckGo.com search engine for Book of Tears? And as part of that read Matthew Henry's dissertation. It i spretty interesting stuff, have fun!

But are those books Biblical? Where is scripture for those books?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

There is much the church has 'verboten' sadly, even though the Church fathers mention them and some thought them worthy of the canon. So 'modern Christians' do not have a clue about the Cosmology of the Lord and His dealings. Just a nice 21st century medicinal outlook. Sometimes even cessationalist too.
Don't want 'em rolling in the aisles do we... 

But that is a whole other story...

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,899
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

There is much the church has 'verboten' sadly, even though the Church fathers mention them and some thought them worthy of the canon. So 'modern Christians' do not have a clue about the Cosmology of the Lord and His dealings. Just a nice 21st century medicinal outlook. Sometimes even cessationalist too.
Don't want 'em rolling in the aisles do we... 

But that is a whole other story...

Unfortunately a lot of books on cosmology ascribe to the so-called Big-Bang and Evolutionary Theories. Is the word cosmology widely used in exhortation and edification among Christians? I have not found it so. 

Who knows exactly what books are available in heaven, or exactly what the heavenly language is...I'm looking forward to finding out, to be sure.