• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,204
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  4,329
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

"The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear Him" Psalm 25:14.

Wisdom: "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding have all those who practice it" Psalm 111:10.

Obedience: "Praise the Lord, Blessed is the man or woman who fears the Lord, who greatly delights in His commandments" Psalms 112:1

Blessings like these surely encourage God's children to desire the fear of the Lord in their lives. But, to relate to the Lord as a friend and fear Him at the same time appears to be something of a dilemma-but it does not have to be that way.

In a personal loving relationship with someone greater and higher, there has to be recognition of who is greater and higher right up front and that is exactly what the fear of the Lord does. If we humbly relate to Him with reverential awe, a balance appears-each one relates to the other exactly as they are.

God does not become lower and we do not become higher, but there is a mutual recognition of the difference. Then the power of God's love takes over and friends begin to fellowship.

The scripture says: "Fear God and keep His commandments for this is the whole duty of man and woman" Ecclesiastes 12:13. That reverential awe leads to love and love leads to keeping His commandments.

Love always, Walter

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

John 15:15  Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard from my Father I have made known unto you.  KJV 

• Loved it! 1

6 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

John 15:15  Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard from my Father I have made known unto you.  KJV 

Amen, The Vine And The Branches, and The Relationship Of Believers To Each Other as Friends In Words and Deeds. 

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,215
  • Content Per Day:  1.19

The virtuous woman : What is her secret?

She is a woman that fears the LORD. Consider this for a moment!

This woman lives in a house built high upon a rock over which the way of holiness runs leading to the celestial city the New Jerusalem. The sun of righteousness is always shining through her windows in the early morning’s watches. Her windows are called watch and pray, thanksgiving and praise, pray without ceasing. Her house has been built with the exceeding great and precious promises of the Word of God that through these she might become a partaker of the divine nature.

All her rooms are flooded with the light of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. The house is well furnished with every good and perfect gift from above. The servants of the house are goodness and mercy. They are such faithful servants that they follow her all the days of her life.

Her spiritual diet: she feeds daily on the bread of life and drink from the water of life .And she eats abundantly the milk and honey from the land of promise. In her garden there grows all the fruits of the Spirit: love joy peace long sufferings gentleness goodness faith humility self-control and the fragrance which is exhaled from these fruits pervades the whole atmosphere of her house.

Yes, this is the secret of Mrs far above rubies. She is a woman that walks in sound wisdom. A woman that fears the LORD. Give her of the fruit of her hands and let her own works praise her in the gates.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is a WORTHY topic yet very few will flock to it !! Makes me ponder. Do we have itchy ears.

Proverbs 2:1-5: five conditions to be met, then you have the promise: you will find the experiential knowledge of God and the fear of the LORD.

Receive- my son if you will receive my words.

Hide my commandments in your heart.

Incline your ear to wisdom and turn your heart to understanding

Cry out: Yes, if you cry after knowledge, lift up your voice for understanding

Seek:We are diligent in our pursuit.We spend long hours in our quest.

Promise-Then we have the promise:

You shall you understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

The fear of the LORD, to me is when your heart becomes awestruck fascinated as God reveals more of himself to the human spirit. what makes the 4 seraphim around the throne cover their eyes , the 24 elder bow down in worship : they became awestruck fascinated as God revealed more of himself to them.

A heart that is fascinated with God will love MUCH. Somehow according to proverbs, God will only reveal himself to the diligent seeker. He is a rewarder of those who diligently seeks him.

• Praise God! 1

11 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

Here is a WORTHY topic yet very few will flock to it !! Makes me ponder. Do we have itchy ears.

Proverbs 2:1-5: five conditions to be met, then you have the promise: you will find the experiential knowledge of God and the fear of the LORD.

Receive- my son if you will receive my words.

Hide my commandments in your heart.

Incline your ear to wisdom and turn your heart to understanding

Cry out: Yes, if you cry after knowledge, lift up your voice for understanding

Seek:We are diligent in our pursuit.We spend long hours in our quest.

Promise-Then we have the promise:

You shall you understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

The fear of the LORD, to me is when your heart becomes awestruck fascinated as God reveals more of himself to the human spirit. what makes the 4 seraphim around the throne cover their eyes , the 24 elder bow down in worship : they became awestruck fascinated as God revealed more of himself to them.

A heart that is fascinated with God will love MUCH. Somehow according to proverbs, God will only reveal himself to the diligent seeker. He is a rewarder of those who diligently seeks him.

Amen, The Fear Of The Lord

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.

Yes, it is the fear of the Lord that will cause you to prefect holiness. 2 Corinthians 7:1