• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Iamnikki said:

I used to have stage fright... In my case, I overcame it by doing it more often.. When I was young, what I did was I don't look at the audience but at the wall at the back ? it worked as I started.

I would also pray, for courage from the Lord. Even upto now. Whenever I speak infront, I would think that I will do it for the Lord and with the best I can. And I would hold on to Joshua 1:9

This is how I overcame mine. Praying for you brother! 

If I ever did something I would like to do things I am passionate about but teaching is not.....so

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

11 hours ago, Keny said:

To be honest the only reason I considered it was because I saw it as an opportunity to face my fears. Unfortunately though, since I am going to be facing them and it's a small room I would have no choice but to look at them. Also I am not going to be standing up if I was to do it. I like your advice to look at the back wall. 

11 hours ago, Keny said:

I am not trying to please anyone. In fact I don't like being the center of attention. I am more towards leaning on the no side rather than yes. But since I have stage for ght should I just speak up in front of people only if I have no choice? 

1 hour ago, Keny said:

If I ever did something I would like to do things I am passionate about but teaching is not.....so

Sounds like your heart really isn't into this. If that's the case, it might not go well either. Perhaps you should pass for the time being, and somewhere along the way you'll find your niche in the Lord. God bless you, bro. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Keny said:

What are you passionate about? What do you love doing? What would you be comfortable doing? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:22 PM, Keny said:

I would like to say no but for once I would like to face my fears( easier said than done).

I hear ya. When I was in my teens there is no way I would be able to teach a class. When I was in my twenties I tried and failed miserably and said I would never do it again. A short time later I assisted with teaching a SS class and eventually was able to fill in if needed. Now I can teach a class and speak in front of people with no problems. It has not only helped me to serve in the church, it has helped me with opportunities in the workforce. Jumping in with both feet is really hard and not for everyone. I say ease yourself into it and it will only benefit you down the road. Good luck.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 8/11/2019 at 10:22 PM, Keny said:

Hi!

I just want advice. So recently my youth group teacher has been asking me to help him out by teaching. He says that I have great knowledge of the Bible and it would be nice to share that with the youth group. I said that I will think about it and that I might or might not be willing. At this point it's my mouth that's speaking not the rest of me. I don't know what to do because I am willing to share what I know with the youth group but I have issues. First off teaching is not really my thing, unless I am forced to. It would be fine if it was like in a discussion and I say what I would like to say. Secondly I don't want to be the one speaking and even though I don't see myself as a shy person. I do have stage fright, which doesn't help this situation. Honestly I don't know, I would like to say no but for once I would like to face my fears( easier said than done).

1) Ask if you have to do a straight teaching or use your gifts to facilitate discussion

2) Tell about your fears and ask the teacher for advice

3) Ask if you can poll the students anonymously to see what's bothering them and talk about those things in the context of the Bible

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/12/2019 at 3:22 AM, Keny said:

Hi!

I just want advice. So recently my youth group teacher has been asking me to help him out by teaching. He says that I have great knowledge of the Bible and it would be nice to share that with the youth group. I said that I will think about it and that I might or might not be willing. At this point it's my mouth that's speaking not the rest of me. I don't know what to do because I am willing to share what I know with the youth group but I have issues. First off teaching is not really my thing, unless I am forced to. It would be fine if it was like in a discussion and I say what I would like to say. Secondly I don't want to be the one speaking and even though I don't see myself as a shy person. I do have stage fright, which doesn't help this situation. Honestly I don't know, I would like to say no but for once I would like to face my fears( easier said than done).

Just speak about what you have learned. Only God doesnt have a beginning. This is a chance to break out of the shyness and be lead into something that helps you and other people Good luck.