• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, Keny said:

I am a teen so yes!

Excellent! That's just teenage angst. I'm 66 and yet I remember it very well. I still get embarrassed about some of the stuff I did back then. Well, not really "embarrassed", but you know...

Your brain is not fully developed until around age 25. As a person that has been where you are, I really wish I could go back to the teenaged me and say this: "Don't worry about this stuff. Most of these people you will never see again after school and, besides, they are having the same angst that you are. Just be yourself and let the chips fall where they may. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

What I really wish is that I could have told the former me to date a certain girl, because we didn't meet until our 25th high school reunion and have now been married 21 blissful years!

Just know this: Puberty is a time of minor mental insanity. The person you are when you come out of it is not the person you were when you entered it. It is a transition phase into adulthood. And much of it is out of your control. It's your body changing both physically and mentally. 

It's why I had to carry my books in front of me sometimes when I got off the bus.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, Keny said:

I am a teen so yes!

And another thing: If I knew then what I know now, I could have had any girl I wanted. Ever see the movie, "17 Again"? That's what I'm talking about. It's really true.

And I thank the Lord I DIDN'T know what I know now. I was not a Christian and would have been dangerous to both myself and all the girls I met. Things happen in the order they do fro a reason. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

59 minutes ago, Keny said:

No because there is no one around where I am comfortable talking to. 

I could chat with you, but best would be for to find a new fellowship--you can hardly grow as a Christian where you're uncomfortable with the leadership.

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/12/2019 at 3:35 AM, Keny said:

Hi again!

I need help or advice. So this doesn't happen every day but occasionally I seem to be self conscious. It's not that I think of myself as less. More like if I am talking with a friend my mouth just tenses up and I start talking a weird way or I stop talk. This happense even when I am walking on the sidewalk. I feel that it's all in my head that everyone is staring at me. Which has started becoming a problem because I started getting uncomfortable. I have read a lot of advices out there that say tstop caring what other people think about you but I can't seem to stop. I want to be selfless and not focused on myself but God and others. I don't want to care about what others think about me. Not that I stop being myself. I do a lot of crazy stuff and don't care what others think about it. However it's my facial reaction that bothers me. When I speak or smile I don't do it in a relaxed and I don't care what you think of me way.

Help! 

Keny

Read what you said carefully, the problem and the solution is in this paragraph.