• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Debp said:
18 minutes ago, Jostler said:

You might enjoy reading 1st Corinthians Chapter 5...and it might modify what you appear to now believe about "judging".

Definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing!   I would have told the pastor and the police.

I have and will again. Totally  trying to understand..  You can do anything you like as long as you don,t Burden. Read that some where, makes sense .

Edited by DJbowler
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

2 minutes ago, DJbowler said:

I have and will again. Totally  trying to understand..  You can do anything you like as long as you don,t Burden. Read that some where, makes sense .

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying.   I was responding about the person selling LSD to school kids after the mid-week service.   I said I would tell the pastor and the police.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

What would you think of a “devout” Christian who leads a Bible Study saying they were not a drug addict but only uses a certain(very addictive and illegal) drug “very  sparingly.”

Isn’t that worse  than being an addict? I know nothing about drugs, but I would think that if you are not addicted, then you have no excuse for ever using drugs.

I was told that we are not supposed to judge people about things that are not specifically in the Bible but I’m having a hard time not judging this.

Thoughts?

Make absolutely sure this is not gossip. If this has been witnessed by others, a united disapproval by all bible study attendee's as well as from members of the church he attends can provide enough punishment to bring on repentance and restoration. God is NOT through with him.

If you have actually witnessed this  person doing so. Use tact and grace when speaking to him. Your goal is NOT to condemn, but to help this person back onto the right road again. You do not want to be harder on him than you need to. Harsh words will be taken as an insult and condemnation. People who receive condemnation and mountains of guilt piled on them instead of a caring and gentle conversation that will expose the sin and a reminder of what scripture says about the wrong action; will be quick to quote the Matthew 7 passage. We absolutely are to judge the actions of others inside the church. But in doing so , it is critical to do it with politeness, tact and grace. Otherwise the person you are talking to can become bitter and discouraged and not able to recover. Your goal is to help this person come to repentance and restoration.

You might bring up and remind him of the Romans 13 passage, which I have quoted below to start the conversation with.

1 Timothy 5 : 19  Do not entertain an accusation against an elder unless it is brought by two or three witnesses.

1 Timothy 5 : 1-2   Do not rebuke an older man harshly, but exhort him as if he were your father. Treat younger men as brothers,  older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity.

Romans 13 : 1-2   Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which is from God. The authorities that exist have been appointed by God. 2Consequently, the one who resists authority is opposing what God has set in place, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.…

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

What would you think of a “devout” Christian who leads a Bible Study saying they were not a drug addict but only uses a certain(very addictive and illegal) drug “very  sparingly.”

Isn’t that worse  than being an addict? I know nothing about drugs, but I would think that if you are not addicted, then you have no excuse for ever using drugs.

I was told that we are not supposed to judge people about things that are not specifically in the Bible but I’m having a hard time not judging this.

Thoughts?

well as the bible says, those who preach against stealing do u steal.  this person has a trouble with addiction and u are right to be wary of him.  and u are right to judge someone for wrong doing.  i suggest that u take this up with your church leaders and if they do nothing find another church.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

25 minutes ago, Debp said:

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying.   I was responding about the person selling LSD to school kids after the mid-week service.   I said I would tell the pastor and the police.

Sorry miss understanding. I'm with you on this. Any one who hurts our little ones, are going to get what they deserve  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

1 hour ago, DJbowler said:

rst stone. The first time  i smoked the peace pipe as a follower of the Messiah, I couldn't stop thinking about him the hole time I was high.  You can cast stones at me two, as i thank him every day.  I'm not condoning or condemning   but a lot of followers are not following his words. Whats Judge Not mean.

Can I please ask, "why, as a follower of Jesus, would you want to "pollute" the "temple of the Holy Spirit" which resides within you?" Surely you know that we are not to defile our bodies, doing a disservice to the One who came to set us free from these bondages. As with so many "christians" are we in name only, after all, if God is Lord of your life, why would you openly put Him to shame. Just remember DJBowler, you opened up yourself for comments, don't go shooting the messenger, ask God for forgiveness, and get back on track with a right relationship with the Father, and set a good example, God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Thoughts?

What do I think? What I would do is; read Matthew 18 for a review of procedure to follow then pray about it pray for the person and proceed with the steps of Matthew 18 by going directly to the person taking the drug. and then if they do not see the error of their ways plus I still believe them wrong I would take two or three with me and talk again, and if that does not do it and I still believe them to be wrong doing I would take it to the entirety of the church through the elders. If I still believeI'm right and the entirety of the church is wrong, then I would resign my membership in that body and go elsewhere. Thanking God for his moving me, and I would pray for my former church body thanking God for them.

My own understanding is muttled at best about what is illegal yet may be of great benefit. Is it better to take a class 2 or class 3 drug by way of prescription than it is to take or use an illegal drug? I don't know! I have had to administer morphine in massive doses to one I loved, and I sought out whatever might help them through their pain.

Weirdly a hospital is limited as to quantity  they can administer, yet hospice is far less so, and I can do whatever and still be legal.

Also I can personally take Ibuprofen  15 at a time, or take legal  Hydrocodone, but I still can't legally  use a common illegal and cheap street drug for debilitating back injury.

So I just don't have any idea what the person you are describing is sharing about. Maybe they have a similar dilemma. Might read Matthew 18 and do that. The person may discuss it  with you.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, DJbowler said:

You said, I was told, Not suppose to judge people. Did you listen. What if these  Devout Christians,  sparingly in your words smoke  some of the peace pipe. Do we run them off there  reservation,  Its legal in many countries and is medical benefits and  purpose are now being understood.  What if they are really nice people that love our Lord, and teach his words. Step up and cast the first stone. The first time  i smoked the peace pipe as a follower of the Messiah, I couldn't stop thinking about him the hole time I was high.  You can cast stones at me two, as i thank him every day.  I'm not condoning or condemning   but a lot of followers are not following his words. Whats Judge Not mean.

1 corinthians 5 says to judge believers. John 7:24 says judge righteous judgement. If someone is in sin, the bible tells us to warn them. Using an illegal drug is commiting a sin even if its legal elsewhere, it is illegal where the bible study leader is. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

9 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

Thoughts?

As far as judging people, when we judge people, then we are judged, so it's best not to judge unless we need to. And sometimes we need to, for the public safety and the wellbeing of our churches. As far as your comment about judging "people about things that are not specifically in the Bible," I think someone made that up.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

Thoughts?

Many times in the Bible we are told to remain "sober" (our minds unaltered) and our bodies a living sacrifice. Our sins will find us out. There's a difference between medicinal and recreational drug usage.

Personally speaking; what I think could be totally different from reality and the truth. In my church we are having a severe problem with open gossip and causing great divisions and disunity. Gossip is slander with the goal and intent to hurt someone else and/or elevate oneself over another. I would think a churches leadership would be trained and tasked with dealing with any perceived problems?

• Thumbs Up 1