ReneeIW

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,400
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

If memory serves Galatians 5:19-20 and Revelation 9:21 are both instances where the Bible speaks of witchcraft and the Greek word used is pharmakeia.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

16 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

When I saw the video, he appeared to be heavily intoxicated. I showed my husband and he thought the same thing. When I spoke to him over the phone, I brought up the fact that I saw the video and was a little worried about him. He has been going to AA for years and I know how important sobriety is to him. He told me that he had not had “one drop” but had used a drug. A horrible street drug. I can’t bring myself to even use the name. When he heard the shock and sadness in my voice, he said he only uses it“very sparingly.” I told him where I come from there is a stigma against even using drugs one single time. I wasn’t judging him, but just being honest about my feelings and upbringing(my grandfather was a cop and hated what drugs did to communities).

In any case,  I was grateful that he felt comfortable talking to me. 

[Edited down for space and reformatted]

I know many Christians view addictions as the primary problem which can be eliminated via will power and real repentance, but often such things are symptoms and results of a deeper core problem.  Of course, some addictions then bring on a set of consequences and problems of their own and need to be mitigated and dealt with.  However, until that real root issue is dealt with, the person is always susceptible to something.  It's not just a matter of trying harder to change.  There are some spiritual and emotional injuries that are every bit as real as physical injuries.  If someone has a broken leg, they simply cannot run or jump freely until the leg is healed and the cast removed.  There are some emotional and spiritual things within us that need healing if we are to be able to live free of some bondages.  

I've heard assorted testimonies over the years where God deals with something in someone's life, and unexpected liberty and freedom happens in something they thought was unrelated.  Given that this man has been struggling with alcohol addiction for years, and now something else, there's the possibility that there is something else that needs God's healing of which the substance abuse might just be a symptom.

Of course, sometimes the addiction itself is the main problem which needs to be dealt with.  However, sometimes it is a result of something else that needs to be dealt with first.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/14/1948

Edited by Picky Pilot
deleted

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

6 hours ago, Picky Pilot said:

Why did you not specify which drug? 

It starts with a “c.”

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 8/12/2019 at 8:49 PM, Heybro said:

Can I please ask, "why, as a follower of Jesus, would you want to "pollute" the "temple of the Holy Spirit" which resides within you?" Surely you know that we are not to defile our bodies, doing a disservice to the One who came to set us free from these bondages. As with so many "christians" are we in name only, after all, if God is Lord of your life, why would you openly put Him to shame. Just remember DJBowler, you opened up yourself for comments, don't go shooting the messenger, ask God for forgiveness, and get back on track with a right relationship with the Father, and set a good example, God bless.

Hey Bro totaly understand your views,I can feel your passion, Ashes to ashes, dust to dust,  The Tempe of the most high, will handle my love and yours, regardless.  

12 hours ago, pinacled said:

Its a disgusting drug that is being pushed upon the public by propagandist promoting its legalization. The ones pushing for such know full well the harm it causes. Autoimmune disorders and failures being at the top of its dangers. And no wonder the propagandist promote such to the elderly. A quick and painless death legalized like euthanasia. Its an all out assault on the lives of the innocent just as it is with abortionist promoters.

A very familiar spirit.

9 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

It starts with a “c.”

Edited by Picky Pilot
deleted

9 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

It starts with a “c.”

If it's cocaine, that's horrible and he needs help.  Just wondered why you didn't just say it. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

1 hour ago, Picky Pilot said:

If it's cocaine, that's horrible and he needs help.  Just wondered why you didn't just say it. 

I didn’t think a Christian forum was the proper place to post the names of hardcore drugs. What if a recovering addict is visiting here? Might be a trigger for them.

In any case, it is worse than the two you mentioned. He had been working with released inmates who had addiction problems in the past. You have to be very careful when ministering to others lest you fall.

But he is saying he is not an addict. That is where my anger comes in. Why would he willfully chose to use something so horrific that causes so much pain to others-including law enforcement? 

It’s not addicts who anger me, they need help and support. It’s people who know the dangers but decide they are going to “experiment”and thereby keep the drug trade flourishing. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

34 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

I didn’t think a Christian forum was the proper place to post the names of hardcore drugs. What if a recovering addict is visiting here? Might be a trigger for them.

In any case, it is worse than the two you mentioned. He had been working with released inmates who had addiction problems in the past. You have to be very careful when ministering to others lest you fall.

As long as there are those who are having specific struggles, it's alright if they're addressed accordingly. Recovering addicts are well aware of what does and does not trigger temptations, and have been counseled how it is best to maintain their commitments. Mentioning drugs and/or alcohol will not make it any worse.

All illicit substances are a horrible situation to become seriously entangled. It's a very difficult call to say one is worse than any of the others. They all destroy lives, families, relationships, and careers. This has been an issue for many centuries, with little sign of hope outside of Christ Jesus. 

Edited by BeauJangles

Well, why is this person taking that substance at all? Is there a good reason - like to ease pain? 

What is this person like as a study leader, are they truly bible-led good follower of Christ? Do you like, respect and trust this fellow Christian? 

If unsure, think about leaving the group. Doubts are there for a reason. Is this person following Jesus Christ?