nobleseed

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

lately i have been feeling that my prayers have been no more then a grocery list to God and that i had lost the means of intimate prayer with him as a use to.  but yesterday after a prayer meeting after church i was wondering how to get that intimate prayer with God back. in the end i asked God into my heart as i did when i was young and i feel he has been listening to me since 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Days Won:  21

I always think it's a good idea to follow the Lord's prayer when struggling with this (i've too fallen into the grocery list feeling with God), when we follow his example of prayer it helps us to give thanks, worship Him, pray for others, and also bring our own needs before Him. 

Edited by TheAimes
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Nobleseed,

I can also relate to feeling this way at times. I can tell you what helped me in my prayer and fellowship with God and that is to start off my prayers with praising and thanking God. I'll thank Him for his beauty and creation ie: maybe seeing a pretty tree today, a cute dog or a beautiful butterfly etc.. I may thank Him for safely getting me home, protecting the health of my family etc..  When I do this it helps me reflect about the things I'm requesting of Him.  In any case, I'm glad your feeling better and that He is listening to you. I don't think He ever stopped. He Loves you!

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

16 hours ago, lovethelord said:

Nobleseed,

I can also relate to feeling this way at times. I can tell you what helped me in my prayer and fellowship with God and that is to start off my prayers with praising and thanking God. I'll thank Him for his beauty and creation ie: maybe seeing a pretty tree today, a cute dog or a beautiful butterfly etc.. I may thank Him for safely getting me home, protecting the health of my family etc..  When I do this it helps me reflect about the things I'm requesting of Him.  In any case, I'm glad your feeling better and that He is listening to you. I don't think He ever stopped. He Loves you!

amen