nobleseed

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

u know lately i have been discussing with people whether we are in the tribulation times or not, but it occurred to me last night that the tribulation has been going on since Jesus ascended to heaven and will only end when he returns.  the church has been persecuted throughout the last 2000 years and great events have happened.  from false prophets to antichrists, wars and plagues it is all there in history till now.  as for the specifics only hindsite will understand it all. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, nobleseed said:

u know lately i have been discussing with people whether we are in the tribulation times or not, but it occurred to me last night that the tribulation has been going on since Jesus ascended to heaven and will only end when he returns.  the church has been persecuted throughout the last 2000 years and great events have happened.  from false prophets to antichrists, wars and plagues it is all there in history till now.  as for the specifics only hindsite will understand it all. 

We're waiting for the great Tribulation to happen,that's different , we're talking about the 7 years before Jesus will come back to reign for a 1000 years on earth :)

For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall.—Matthew 24:21

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

And to add to what angels4u said, ...the tribulation the Church has suffered since the day of Pentecost comes from the non-believing world energized by satan, ...whereas during the final 7 years of the 490 years in Daniel's prophecy concerning Israel, the tables are turned on the non-believing, Christ rejecting world and the Lamb is the One who pours out His wrath on the planet.

And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;  And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:  For the great day of His wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?   Rev 6:15-17

Couldn't be any more clearer than that, ...unless you have an agenda to promote.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

This subject always puzzles me. Here I see a discussion that is about the difference about nobleseed's idea of 2000 years of tribulation and the notion of a "Great Tribulation. First I agree that the true believer has experienced tribulation since the onset. The thing that puzzles me is why as Christians we still debate this issue. As Jesus said, only God knows the day and time of his coming and shouldn't the words of Jesus have sufficed to put the matter to rest. I can't recall one instance where Jesus commanded us to think on or form opinions on a "tribulation period", something He Himself never mentioned. So, in my humble opinion, as Christians shouldn't we spend our time on the more productive things that Christ taught us to do? For instance Jesus taught us to show God's love by giving and doing all you can to alleviate the suffering of those less fortunate than ourselves. He taught that many times and didn't mention a tribulation period even once. I truly believe that if Christians could refocus their efforts on the things that Jesus taught instead of discussing things to which there is no definitive answer (since Jesus didn't give one) then the world would be a better place for it. So, why not go out in your own neighborhood and spend your time and money helping the needy and then if you find that you still have free time (if you still have free money, you're not trying very hard), you can always find ways to share the gospel with someone. This is what Jesus taught and I think that all the other things that people study these days only takes away from the actual message of Christ.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Tribulation equates to mankind stirred up by principalities and powers hurting others humans.

The Great Tribulation equates to God directly handling all the baddies.
This seems to be humans and ex-holy ones as well as parts of our world.

We are NOT appointed to this wrath of the Lord God if we are believers.

Tribulation will get far worse as time progresses, but do not confuse that with, "The Great Tribulation".

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

4 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

This subject always puzzles me. Here I see a discussion that is about the difference about nobleseed's idea of 2000 years of tribulation and the notion of a "Great Tribulation. First I agree that the true believer has experienced tribulation since the onset. The thing that puzzles me is why as Christians we still debate this issue. As Jesus said, only God knows the day and time of his coming and shouldn't the words of Jesus have sufficed to put the matter to rest. I can't recall one instance where Jesus commanded us to think on or form opinions on a "tribulation period", something He Himself never mentioned. So, in my humble opinion, as Christians shouldn't we spend our time on the more productive things that Christ taught us to do? For instance Jesus taught us to show God's love by giving and doing all you can to alleviate the suffering of those less fortunate than ourselves. He taught that many times and didn't mention a tribulation period even once. I truly believe that if Christians could refocus their efforts on the things that Jesus taught instead of discussing things to which there is no definitive answer (since Jesus didn't give one) then the world would be a better place for it. So, why not go out in your own neighborhood and spend your time and money helping the needy and then if you find that you still have free time (if you still have free money, you're not trying very hard), you can always find ways to share the gospel with someone. This is what Jesus taught and I think that all the other things that people study these days only takes away from the actual message of Christ.

Greetings unworthyservant,

You make some very good points and I would have to agree on most points.  Jesus did teach very clearly about the things that are to come and instructed us to be ready, to watch, lest these things come upon us and we are unaware.  The entire book of revelation is directly the teaching of Jesus and John is instructed to let the church know what is to come.

Revelation 1 New International Version (NIV)

1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

We do have a tendency to make His words unclear and muddy the water with our various thoughts.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

2 minutes ago, seeking the lost said:

Greetings unworthyservant,

You make some very good points and I would have to agree on most points.  Jesus did teach very clearly about the things that are to come and instructed us to be ready, to watch, lest these things come upon us and we are unaware.  The entire book of revelation is directly the teaching of Jesus and John is instructed to let the church know what is to come.

Revelation 1 New International Version (NIV)

1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

We do have a tendency to make His words unclear and muddy the water with our various thoughts.

All I'm really saying is that God has had the end times all planned since before the beginning of time and Christ gave us some general ideas about it but my point is that while study of the Bible is laudable, we should be careful not to let things which Christ never commanded us to do (such as study to figure out more details about the end time) take away on the things that He did tell us to do. So, my point is simply that our efforts should be first and foremost on DOING those things that Christ taught and then if we still find time on our hands, then by all means discussing the Bible is a far better thing than anything this world has to offer. Just don't let the other issues deter you from actually doing what Christ clearly told us  while we're trying to figure out the details.

• This is Worthy 1

29 minutes ago, seeking the lost said:

Sorry 'seeking the lost'.  (site is messing up quotes again)

Unworthy servant said this:

"He taught that many times and didn't mention a tribulation period even once."

For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall.—Matthew 24:21

Now I do agree with the general ideas you have. Each of us have various ways to contribute. Frothing about and tearing out our hair about the end times stuff is largely pointless. BUT, we should have a general idea, so that when we are asked, we can reassure people. So many on here have fears and trepidation and I am certain some of this is sparked by poor teaching and scare tactics used by some evangelists.

So we have to be ready to encourage the weak and occasionally dissuade with humility those that would tell us what to do and how to do it properly, giving us lectures about personal things they know nothing about.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Couldn't be any more clearer than that, ...unless you have an agenda to promote.

Yes, I have a slight agenda. Please be kind and gentle. So many on here have fears and some are worried about their Salvation. Just see the anguish that some convey. Be gentle to those of us that may be weaker than you. My agenda is to caution those that might set themselves up as an authority over others.

Just a ten cent agenda :rolleyes:

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Yes, I have a slight agenda.

Any agenda, ...even a slight agenda, is man or woman usurping the position and responsibility of the Holy Spirit:

But the Anointing (Holy Spirit) which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same Anointing (Holy Spirit) teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as It (Holy Spirit) hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.  1 John 2:27

17 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Please be kind and gentle.

Really??? Twenty-six of the twenty-seven New Testament Books warn us about false teaching, it is so important that our Lord warned us:

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.  Matt 24:4

And the Holy Spirit, speaking through the authors He inspired, spoke of it throughout the New Testament!

Here's the definition of the word deceive planaō that Jesus used:

1) to cause to stray, to lead astray, lead aside from the right way
2) metaphorically
2a) to lead away from the truth, to lead into error, to deceive
2b) to be led into error
2c) to be led aside from the path of virtue, to go astray, sin
2d) to sever or fall away from the truth
2d1) of heretics
2e) to be led away into error and sin

You admit to having a slight agenda, ...here's the dictionary definition of an agenda:

...the underlying intentions or motives of a particular person or group.

So in the brotherly love of Christ I ask you, "What are your slight underlying intentions or motives that would be different from the Pure and Truthful teachings of the Holy Spirit to His children that cause us to abide in Him, rather in your agenda, and/or those He is drawing to Salvation through Jesus Christ to our Father?