Figure of eighty

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Take college classes online and stay at home till the baby is at least 6 months old.  It would be nice if you could stay home till he is old enough for pre school,  but the Bible is clear that if you don't work you don't eat.  I would make every effort to at least get an associate degree or a vocational degree.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, Willa said:

ut the Bible is clear that if you don't work you don't eat.

Take my word for it. Being a stay at home mom Is Work!  :D   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

4 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Take my word for it. Being a stay at home mom Is Work!  :D   

I was a stay at home mom and concur.  But we don't get paid for it and that is what the Bible refers too.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, Willa said:

I was a stay at home mom and concur.  But we don't get paid for it and that is what the Bible refers too.  

Every situation is different. I'm not here to judge. The Bible also says that family's are suppose to care for each other. Sons are to take care of their widow mothers. The old women are to teach the younger.  But many people don't do that now days. So what do we do?  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

43 minutes ago, Jostler said:

nah...uh-uh... not having it :)    Dear one you got a full and fulfilling life ahead  of you.   He's in the business  of REDEEMING mistakes and that life you now carry is NOT a mistake.  He'll be faithful to reveal to you exactly what He  has planned for that precious human being and empower you to train him up with KNOWLEDGE of that plan, and how to do your part to deliver him into that plan.  

We may not know all the answers to how  to balance work  and nurturing that life now delivered  into your care, but rest assured He knows, and when you need to know He'll surely let you in  on His will and plan too.

Trust me I do want to work. I'm notlazy by any means if my body cooperated with me Id still be on my job. 

I want to work-- if it's feasible.. and I do pray God works out a way where I can save and move out because I do want to provide for my baby.

The only thing i can do is pray now.

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Every situation is different. I'm not here to judge. The Bible also says that family's are suppose to care for each other. Sons are to take care of their widow mothers. The old women are to teach the younger.  But many people don't do that now days. So what do we do?  

I think its sad alot of people, christians, are only christian up until a certain point--when it comes to helping someone financially thats where Jesus' teaching ends for most people. 

14 minutes ago, Willa said:

Yes . this is why I want to work because no one is going to care for my baby and his needs expect for me.

35 minutes ago, Willa said:

Take college classes online and stay at home till the baby is at least 6 months old.  It would be nice if you could stay home till he is old enough for pre school,  but the Bible is clear that if you don't work you don't eat.  I would make every effort to at least get an associate degree or a vocational degree.

Im getting my certificate as a dental assistant on Sept. 7th. 

student loans have dropped my credit score from 712 to 490 because I couldn't pay on them(theyre in deferrment now)

so Im not interested in taking out anymore loans. 

I don't know why people think I want to sit on my butt, I truly don't -- but Im not going to neglect my son.  I can't.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

7 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Trust me I do want to work. I'm notlazy by any means if my body cooperated with me Id still be on my job. 

I want to work-- if it's feasible.. and I do pray God works out a way where I can save and move out because I do want to provide for my baby.

The only thing i can do is pray now.

and praying is all you  need to do right  now until He opens a door and points out a direction.   Sis I know you're not afraid to work if that's what He appoints for you.  You've shared your options, and IMO you've done well to get the  training  you  have so you can already have a shot at work that pays better than minimum wage.

I  mean to encourage you to rest in Him until  He shows you what His definition of balance between work and giving your child the attention he'll need....i truly did not mean to imply I thought you were shirking responsibility....you certainly have not given any indication of that in the past.

I know He has good plans for you and He truly can, and will, find a balance that will provide for your material needs and the ability to provide for your child, and your  son's need for quality developmental time with his mother.

that "nah...uh-uh...not having it" was meant to  refer my unwillingness to accept ppd for your sake.   I'll be standing in the gap for your right to just miss out on that possibility entirely :)

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

I can’t imagine being a single parent. I went through PPD with my first and it was very, very difficult. She was a colicky baby and did not sleep at all the first year. Not sure how any of us survived.

I know some women who have gone back to work after three months of being at home with baby and it improved their emotional health. I couldn’t imagine going back after only a month. I think a baby needs it’s mother at that young of an age. But a grandmother is the next best thing. Do what is the best for your emotional health so you can properly care for the baby. 

I can't imagine either-- I just don't know what else to do.