Figure of eighty

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

perhaps you can get work that can be done at home on computer.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, Jostler said:

and praying is all you  need to do right  now until He opens a door and points out a direction.   Sis I know you're not afraid to work if that's what He appoints for you.  You've shared your options, and IMO you've done well to get the  training  you  have so you can already have a shot at work that pays better than minimum wage.

I  mean to encourage you to rest in Him until  He shows you what His definition of balance between work and giving your child the attention he'll need....i truly did not mean to imply I thought you were shirking responsibility....you certainly have not given any indication of that in the past.

I know He has good plans for you and He truly can, and will, find a balance that will provide for your material needs and the ability to provide for your child, and your  son's need for quality developmental time with his mother.

that "nah...uh-uh...not having it" was meant to  refer my unwillingness to accept ppd for your sake.   I'll be standing in the gap for your right to just miss out on that possibility entirely :)

Oh.. thank you lol.. Yeah God knows whats best.. I'm going to try and trust God.

and thanks for praying for me... I appreciate that alot.

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

28 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I can't imagine either-- I just don't know what else to do.

Honey, it's in those moments that GOD comes through. I'll be praying for you. He has a plan for you and for the bundle of joy He has entrusted into your care. There are many options to work from home these days, I'd encourage you to look into those for the time being and to keep praying. God will provide, He's never failed any of us and He certainly won't start with you! *hugs*

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

2 minutes ago, TheAimes said:

Honey, it's in those moments that GOD comes through. I'll be praying for you. He has a plan for you and for the bundle of joy He has entrusted into your care. There are many options to work from home these days, I'd encourage you to look into those for the time being and to keep praying. God will provide, He's never failed any of us and He certainly won't start with you! *hugs*

Youre so very right. I'll defintely look into :) 

work from home would be very nice.

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

5 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Youre so very right. I'll defintely look into :) 

work from home would be very nice.

I agree with the working from home rather than paying alot for childcare.   

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Debp said:

I agree with the working from home rather than paying alot for childcare.   

Id still need someone to watch him while i work though. 

Im just gonna pray about everything and pray God helps me

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

15 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Id still need someone to watch him while i work though. 

Im just gonna pray about everything and pray God helps me

Well, depending on the type of work you would do at home, you could have him sleeping right by you in a crib.   Then as needed see to him.   Just a thought...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

15 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

With a newbotn i just go back and forth if i should work after a month or just stay home with baby and care for him since daycare is expensive.

Its just me..my mom n dad both work, only choice is grandma but 200 a wk is a lot. 

With staying at home.. Id love to do this but im afraid just beimg im the house with baby would bring on ppd..

I really dont know. Its a struggle being a single parent.

First of all pray about it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

22 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Trust me i want to work asap but there are a few things that make it a bit difficult. 

One being a baby sitter for my kid, id need to make atleast 15 to pay my grandma.. 

Second, i have a younger brother in school and I pick him up and drop him off, help with homework ect ... And he cant catch the school bus bc it doesnt come in our area. 

I want to work but its alot to consider. 

Also issue of potential ppd which i pray I dont get.

You are in a tight spot, no doubt about it. I noticed you did not mention your husband. If you are not married I'd at least bring in the father for financial support. If the father is dead, well, that's another matter. 

FWIW, I'll share something since I'm anonymous here: My wife had a baby at age 16 and gave it up for adoption. that was in 1970. They took him away and she never saw him again. 

A few years later she married (a different man), had three kids, and he then died of leukemia, leaving her with three kids under the age of 8 and no life insurance.

Well, fast forward to late 2018. Her sister goes to one of those "family tree" DNA testing sites and gets all these hits for her family members plus this one guy nobody knows. We go to his Facebook page and it's my wife's son. The resemblance is obvious, as is the birth date.

My wife, after three months of prayer, puts a note to him on the site, just in case he ever checks back (he had not been active there in over a year). Three weeks later, he checks. to cut to the chase, we now have a new family member and the catching up they are doing is a true blessing for everybody concerned. He now has "two moms" and is extremely excited for their first visit when she heads out to Seattle (we live in Kentucky now).

Why this long story? Well, it turns out that all those decisions you make throughout your life matter. She thought about him every day for her entire life. She even named him and was especially aware on his birthday. And in the end, everythng has been like a "feel good" movie. And yes, There were some VERY hard times in the middle, but everyone pulled through, and are better for the things that happened in that life.

The single mom who had dead broke Christmases with her three children. The trials of the son that was too smart for the teachers and the abuse they showered on him, to the point that a vindictive Midwestern small town judge threw him in prison for a year - for throwing a rock through a window at the high school. You name it.

And now that rock thrower is a high paid journeyman iron worker with one of the most rock solid marriages we've seen - besides our own. 

And the older boy? He became the "man of the house". And how did that play out? Well, without college he went from being a local truck driver to starting his own trucking company and is now a multi-millionaire. And he has raised a couple of the smartest kids I've ever seen. His daughter just may find herself in Olympic gymnastics. 

The point is this: It's gonna be really, REALLY hard. But God will be there for you. He was there for my wife. And it really is all about "just for today". And before you know it, you and your baby have pulled through all this stuff and you don't even know where the days and years went. But the key - the foundation - for all of this is faith in the Lord. When my wife's first husband died, she gave God a good yelling at. God picked himself up, brushed off the dirt, and then went to work on her, with her, and for her. And the rest is history.

And he's there for you too, even when you think you are on the edge of the precipice. And sometimes those are the times, looking back, where  you realize he was "most" there. 

Just do these two things:

1. Pray constantly. He really is listening, even when you feel that you don't deserve it (and those times will come).

2. Don't just have faith. Put it into practice. I use this analogy: I can tell how much faith people have in their brakes by how fast they drive. Get out there and DRIVE FAST!

Edited by Still Alive
  • This is Worthy 3

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 8/12/2019 at 6:55 AM, Figure of eighty said:

With a newbotn i just go back and forth if i should work after a month or just stay home with baby and care for him since daycare is expensive.

Its just me..my mom n dad both work, only choice is grandma but 200 a wk is a lot. 

With staying at home.. Id love to do this but im afraid just beimg im the house with baby would bring on ppd..

I really dont know. Its a struggle being a single parent.

Staying home with the child would be good, I would think, if one can afford it.