• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Debp said:

Well, depending on the type of work you would do at home, you could have him sleeping right by you in a crib.   Then as needed see to him.   Just a thought...

Idk newborns and babies cry alot. Some work from home jobs require a quiet environment so..idk.

19 hours ago, pinacled said:

Is that lol a praise or are you mocking?

Steer clear of worldly speech. Especialy when bonding with your first born for 7 days. Lean on the Lord in the spirit and you will find that many will look after the child while you return to work.

Even so, there is only one way you will need to teach little Sydney.

First is to talk with him and interact. Eventually the day will come when he says momma.

Once that happens. 

I would love to hear about it.

No never mocking..and yes you guys will hear about him.... I just dont know which section to put it in here. I wish we could blog.. Ah well. 

5 hours ago, Still Alive said:

You are in a tight spot, no doubt about it. I noticed you did not mention your husband. If you are not married I'd at least bring in the father for financial support. If the father is dead, well, that's another matter. 

FWIW, I'll share something since I'm anonymous here: My wife had a baby at age 16 and gave it up for adoption. that was in 1970. They took him away and she never saw him again. 

Well, fast forward to late 2018. Her sister goes to one of those "family tree" dna testing sites and gets all these hits for her family members plus this one guy nobody knows. We go to his facebook page and it's my wife's son. The resemblance is obvious, as is the birth date.

My wife, after three months of prayer, puts a note to him on the site, just in case he ever checks back (he had not been active there in over a year). Three weeks later, he checks. to cut to the chase, we now have a new family member and the catching up they are doing is a true blessing for everybody concerned. He now has "two moms" and is extremely excited for their first visit when she heads out to Seattle (we live in Kentucky now).

Why this long story? Well, it turns out that all those decisions you make throughout your life matter. She thought about him every day for her entire life. She even named him and was especially aware on his birthday. And in the end, everythng has been like a "feel good" movie. And yes, There were some VERY hard times in the middle, but everyone pulled through, and are better for the things that happened in that life.

The single mom who had dead broke Christmases with her three children. The trials of the son that was too smart for the teachers and the abuse they showered on him, to the point that a vindictive Midwestern small town judge threw him in prison for a year - for throwing a rock through a window at the high school. You name it.

And now that rock thrower is a high paid journeyman iron worker with one of the most rock solid marriages we've seen - besides our own. 

And the older boy? He became the "man of the house". And how did that play out? Well, without college he went from being a local truck driver to starting his own trucking company and is now a multi-millionaire. And he has raised a couple of the smartest kids I've ever seen. His daughter just may find herself in Olympic gymnastics. 

The point is this: It's gonna be really, REALLY hard. But God will be there for you. He was there for my wife. And it really is all about "just for today". And before you know it, you and your baby have pulled through all this stuff and you don't even know where the days and years went. But the key - the foundation - for all of this is faith in the Lord. When my wife's first husband died, she gave God a good yelling at. God picked himself up, brushed off the dirt, and then went to work on her, with her, and for her. And the rest is history.

And he's there for you too, even when you think you are on the edge of the precipice. And sometimes those are the times, looking back, where  you realize he was "most" there. 

Just do these two things:

1. Pray constantly. He really is listening, even when you feel that you don't deserve it (and those times will come).

2. Don't just have faith. Put it into practice. I use this analogy: I can tell how much faith people have in their brakes by how fast they drive. Get out there and DRIVE FAST!

Aw this was very beautiful. I loved it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Aw this was very beautiful. I loved it.

I just edited towards the beginning to put some context in about her husband dying.

I just got off the phone with my wife. She just told her oldest (daughter) about her half brother and it went very well. In fact, it was no big deal at all and she is excited to meet her "new" half brother. Now the two boys on face time tonight. We'll then tell my three daughters. The fact that they are all in their 30's and early 40's helps a lot.

Living life is a full time job that, in the end, is very rewarding when it is in the Lord.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,083
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Call your church and a few more to find out if they know anyone you can contact who does work at home.

You can ask them to help you get set up for it.

You could also call other churches, library and anyone you trust.

You can set your own hours and be with your child.   That's all folks.

Daniel

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

On 8/12/2019 at 8:55 AM, Figure of eighty said:

I really dont know. Its a struggle being a single parent.

Maybe this was answered somewhere in this thread, I don't know.  And if it was, I apologize for repeating.

Where is the baby's father?  It matters not how long you knew him - HE is responsible for this child just as much as you are.  And a good attorney to see to it that he give his fair share to the bringing up of this child.

If you are afraid to stay home alone with the baby as it may aggravate your very real anxiety issues, the father could be made to pay for his child care.

And, the attorney could see to it that his initial fees be paid by the father if you don't have it.

I see a lot of young single mothers who receive nothing from their parents nor the father nor the parents of the father.  It makes me mad.