Tigger56

One righteous man or woman...

1 Peter 3:12, “For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.”

In Genesis 18 we can read the account of how Abraham made intercession with the Lord, and the Lord ultimately agreed that he would save a city if ten righteous people could be found in its midst. Unfortunately, ten righteous could not be found, but the mercy of the Lord would have been seen if ten righteous had dwelt there. If ten righteous could save a city then could the same be true today? We live in a nation where lawlessness and evil continues to prosper and expand but has the Lord’s love and mercy been diminished? The Bible teaches us that the Lord God changes not and that the Lord Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever so the mercy of the Lord has not changed. If ten could save a city what could one righteous man or woman accomplish? If ten could bring the mercy of heaven down unto a sinful city how many would be needed to have the mercy of heaven spare a nation? One righteous man or woman can have a far greater impact on the lives of others than we often see or understand for the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous and his ears are open unto their prayers. In these confused times, it can be very difficult to stand for our beliefs and principles, for if what we stand for offends another we can quickly find ourselves under attack by a very loud and motivated enemy. If ten righteous could have saved a city is it not time for those who love the Lord with all of their heart, soul, and mind and those who love others as themselves to unite and to stand together? If ten righteous could have rescued a city from destruction what is possible for just one person who will stand for light and truth without compromise?  

• Similar Content

• By Tigger56
      There is a vision of hope, a vision of light and love that dwells within the heart of the Lord God and within the heart of his beloved Son, Jesus. It is a vision that has existed long before the creation of the earth and long before the Lord created mankind to dwell upon the earth. The vision remains in God’s own heart and it is a shared vision that was also placed within the hearts of all mankind, but over time the vision of hope, light, and love has faded from many hearts and where there is no vision the people perish. There is still hope, there is still light and love and the vision remains in many hearts and for some it is a constant flame but within others it is a dying ember. Look up, look up and lift your heart and your voice and seek the vision of light to fill every heart so that all mankind can see and understand the wonderful vision of the Lord and his promised destiny for all that will choose to believe.
    • By Tigger56
      Ephesians 3:17, “That Jesus may dwell in your hearts by faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love…”

In love, there is faith and belief for love sees beyond what unknowing eyes see and love feels what unknowing hearts shall never know. Through the eyes of love and with the heart of love I believe in the goodness and kindness of those I truly see, those known unto me. Those within our circle of love know us as we know them, but beyond that circle are our eyes blind and do our hearts not know? Must someone be well known to be loved, or is it possible to see and to know by the power of Jesus that dwells within our hearts when our hearts are rooted and grounded in love? In love, we see love and in love we know love. Even in the midst of much strife and turmoil I see love all around me, and I see hearts of goodness and kindness far beyond my circle of family and friends, for love is clearly seen and understood when we allow love to dwell within our own hearts. Do we still cry for the stranger and do we still ache for those who suffer and hurt? May our circle of love ever expand and may the Lord grant us eyes and hearts to truly see and to fully know.
    • By Tigger56
      Days and moments pass and life continues, but there are moments that seem timeless to our hearts, for they dwell deep within the recesses of mind and spirit and they visit our thoughts often and with such clarity that they seem to be only a breath or a touch from reality itself. Timeless moments are the memories that dwell within, those memories that refuse to fade and slip away. They linger as a forgotten song that once heard fills our mind with the fullness of the time when they were formed. I grow older each day, but there are timeless moments within my heart that defy the passing of time and refuse to slip away, and they come to me in the times when they are most needed and I am transformed by the power of these timeless moments, and my heart is grateful for the memories that linger and never fade away.
    • By Tigger56
      Simplicity is not the absence of material possessions, simplicity is being single in heart and single in mind with my focus ever upon the Lord, and ever upon what is most important to the Lord, for what matters most to the Lord, matters most. In simplicity, that which is important to the Lord becomes my desire and the focus of my simplicity, for the Lord must ever be first in my heart, in my mind, and in my life. The Lord is first, plain and simple, and all else follows that, and in this I find life can be far simpler than we seek to make it.
    • By Tigger56
      Hope must be restored in times of great trial and difficulty and this is accomplished by the power of knowing. Know that this too shall pass, and know that the hand of the Lord is not stayed, and that he has delivered in the past and that he is a very present help in our trials, and know that the Lord is our Deliverer this day and in the days ahead. Blessed be the name of the Lord.