• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I like to dunk it in ketsup and mayonnaise mixed together. 

Throw in a little diced sweet gherkins, and you've got = instant thousand island dressing. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, BeauJangles said:

Throw in a little diced sweet gherkins, and you've got = instant thousand island dressing. 

Yes, and thousand island is my favorite dressing.. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 minutes ago, IainL said:

tofu burger anyone? 

:runforhills:

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

Wow. You guys are really making me hungry.

I'm learning a lot here. There sure is diversity in how people like their burgers. The ostrich one freaked me out at first. But when I was assured it was both nutritious and filling, I reconsidered.

Why filling? Well- think about it. Feast your eyes:emot-eek: on the size.

Just kidding...

I realize there is no way you could get all of 'big bird' there on a bun.

HEY NOW! ARE YOU TALKIN' ABOUT ME??

692118865_burgerthreadostrich.jpg.11cb704deb40f76595ab3be2716a7946.jpg

• Haha 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,420
  • Content Per Day:  5.74
  • Days Won:  157
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

They are mean, irritable birds at the best of time and i would not suggest making them angry. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Gosh, I don’t know why Whataburgers taste so different from the other chains, but they do.  :noidea: … They are deeeelish!

:)I believe you. But I've not heard of this chain before. I looked it up and found this sweet story I wanted to share.

June 3, 2019, 4:34 PM CDT / Source: TODAY

Like many dogs, Stitch, a black Labrador retriever, absolutely loved beefy burgers.

So when Stitch's owner Maci Hanson and her family discovered that their beloved dog's days were numbered, they knew they wanted to honor him with something special. Since his favorite food was a Whataburger Jr. (eaten plain, of course), Hanson came up with an idea to throw her dog an end-of-life party with his favorite meal from the Texas-based chain.

On May 21, Hanson tweeted to Whataburger in hopes of recruiting someone from the brand's team who could help.

Hey @Whataburger! This is Stitch and he is your #1 four-legged customer. His favorite is a Whataburger Jr. plain and dry with cheese and sometimes fries if he’s been an extra good boy! Today we found out Stitch has lymphoma and his time with us is limited. We want to throw him a Whataburger themed celebration of life party. Can you help us celebrate this sweet boy and his love of cheeseburgers?

869148201_whataburgerdyingdogpartypic.jpg.29ffdeef4283b85a5504bfbd71f70ddf.jpg

According to Vicki Burlew, Hanson's mother who also tweeted out updates about the family's beloved pet, the Whatburger team got in touch with the family so they could send a care package to their home. When it arrived, the box was filled with plenty of orange supplies (and food) for a good, old fashioned burger blowout.

On May 25, the family threw Stitch a patty-filled party — surrounding him with beef, Whataburger balloons, cute party hats and lots and lots of snuggles.

As the heartwarming story went viral, Whataburger also posted about its "most pure and deserving Whatafan." Many tweeters chimed in saying that their furry friends had savored their last moments with a Whataburger, too.

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,420
  • Content Per Day:  5.74
  • Days Won:  157
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

3 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

:)I believe you. But I've not heard of this chain before. I looked it up and found this sweet story I wanted to share.

June 3, 2019, 4:34 PM CDT / Source: TODAY

Like many dogs, Stitch, a black Labrador retriever, absolutely loved beefy burgers.

So when Stitch's owner Maci Hanson and her family discovered that their beloved dog's days were numbered, they knew they wanted to honor him with something special. Since his favorite food was a Whataburger Jr. (eaten plain, of course), Hanson came up with an idea to throw her dog an end-of-life party with his favorite meal from the Texas-based chain.

On May 21, Hanson tweeted to Whataburger in hopes of recruiting someone from the brand's team who could help.

Hey @Whataburger! This is Stitch and he is your #1 four-legged customer. His favorite is a Whataburger Jr. plain and dry with cheese and sometimes fries if he’s been an extra good boy! Today we found out Stitch has lymphoma and his time with us is limited. We want to throw him a Whataburger themed celebration of life party. Can you help us celebrate this sweet boy and his love of cheeseburgers?

869148201_whataburgerdyingdogpartypic.jpg.29ffdeef4283b85a5504bfbd71f70ddf.jpg

According to Vicki Burlew, Hanson's mother who also tweeted out updates about the family's beloved pet, the Whatburger team got in touch with the family so they could send a care package to their home. When it arrived, the box was filled with plenty of orange supplies (and food) for a good, old fashioned burger blowout.

On May 25, the family threw Stitch a patty-filled party — surrounding him with beef, Whataburger balloons, cute party hats and lots and lots of snuggles.

As the heartwarming story went viral, Whataburger also posted about its "most pure and deserving Whatafan." Many tweeters chimed in saying that their furry friends had savored their last moments with a Whataburger, too.

That is such a sweet story! thank you for sharing 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

23 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

She looks a tad perturbed, “don’t” she?  

@Sonshine☀️ Sure does. I just found out from IainL that you are correct. They get downright ornary.

And then I looked up the speed of this bird to see if it could be outrun...:oForget about it!:blink:

:13:The average running speed of an ostrich is approximately 30 mph, a speed it is able to maintain for up to 10 miles at a stretch. 

20 minutes ago, IainL said:

They are mean, irritable birds at the best of time and i would not suggest making them angry. 

Thanks for the warning. :)

3 minutes ago, IainL said:

That is such a sweet story! thank you for sharing 

You are welcome.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

what a great article about the dog Birthday Party,  my favorite Cheeseburger is one that has plenty of pickles,  mustard,  onions,  &  cheese,  there's one cheeseburger combo I usualy get at the A/W here in Eastern OR,  I like it :)