IGNORED

Why so many ways to Christ, when God says ONE?

Seasoned by Grace

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Ephesians 4:5 "ONE Lord, ONE faith, ONE baptism, ONE God and Father for all.

1) Invite Jesus into your heart.

2)Believe on Christ and receive Him.

3)Receive Him in faith.

4)Be baptized and receive the Holy Spirit.

I've studied the word "ONE" in the Greek and it's "heis" which mean to the exclusion of all others. It's not an all inclusive word which would mean every faith and doctrine is included to be part of God's church - Just one is God's church, so out of all the thousands of churches which is the right one, or is there a right one, other than the "FEW" who are called the remnant?

Matthew 7:14 seems to partner with this verse, "For the gate is small, and the path is narrow that leads to life, and "FEW" are those who find it.

Luke 13:23-24 "And Jesus was passing through from one city and village to another, teaching and proceeding on His way to Jerusalem.

And someone said to Him, "Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?" And Jesus said to them.

Strive (Try with all your mite) to enter by the narrow door (JESUS), for many I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

Matthew 7:21 Jesus said, "Not everyone who says to me LORD, LORD, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

THE WORD "FEW" !!!

The word "FEW" seems to be validated by examples in scripture.

How many lived through the flood of Noah's day" 8

How many in Sodom and Gomorah lived through God's destruction? 3

How many during the early part of Exodus went into the land of Cannan? 2

When Joshua attacked Jerico how many lived? Rahab and her family.

Romans 11:5 Paul says," In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time, a remnant (Small believing minority) according to God's gracious choice.

SO.......

....who do we listen to. The huge voice among many that says most will be saved, or do we listen to a small quiet voice in scripture that says "FEW" will be saved"

My thoughts or opinions don't matter here, But God's does...Doesn't it ?

ANY THOUGHTS??

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

I guess this was to hot of a topic for anyone yesterday to even touch or approach.

Well, I just wanted someone to stick their neck out or take a step of faith.

O.K...Well here goes. I'll tell you where I am. I'm too old to be scared :). "THERE IS NO OTHER ANSWER" to me that's true.

Act's 2:38 say's it all, "And Peter said to them, Repent and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

So many things happening here.

Repenting - Turning from sin to God.

Baptized - Romans 6:3-8,

3) "Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ, have been baptized into His death.

4) Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death in order that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we to might walk in newness of life.

5) For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we be also in the likeness of His resurrection,

6) knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him (In baptism), that our body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin,

7) FOR HE WHO HAS DIED IS FREE FROM SIN - I just absolutely love that.

8) Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him !!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where else do you get a promise like this. People make up all kinds of ways to eternal life but this is the only way from GOD.

So, what does anyone else have to say about this??

Love you all.

Thanks for checkin' in - Dave

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

I had a tooth pulled yesterday. So I didnt respond. Cant speak for others but typically if I dont have any leading or anything I feel I can add, I dont post a reply. Doesnt mean Im a poor Christian, or that I dont care. Just means I didnt feel like posting a reply.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

I couldn't agree more. Part of the problem today is that man has had 2000 or so years to add to or work around the teachings of Christ. There are so many interpretations of the scriptures that many lose site of the simple truth.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Strive (Try with all your mite) to enter by the narrow door (JESUS), for many I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

Matthew 7:21 Jesus said, "Not everyone who says to me LORD, LORD, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Indeed, Jesus said to STRIVE to enter by the narrow door.

Jesus also Said to STRIVE to enter His rest.

Maybe there is a connection  between the two .If one is not resting, they are working.As I have noted before, Watchman Née said that the difference between trying and trusting was the difference between Heaven and Hell.Most Christians are still trying to be saved by “being good”..... working on the outside to imitate what should be the natural result flowing from the inside after God gives you a New Heart.In other words....Religion.If your idea of  Christianity sounds like this.... “ Sure, Jesus Saves...BUT.....” you are a Religionist.......If your idea of Christianity sounds like this.... “NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD” ....you are a  Christian.Tryers vs.Trusters.Maybe the Tryers can not enter The Narrow Gate.Just a theory of mine. God Bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

There is only one way to Christ and its on your knees

A great topic. 

Personally i believe in simplicity as a framework. I don't care about denominations and theology. Leave that to the clever people.

My focus is do you believe in Jesus? Then read the Bible, pray continuously and do God's will. We are each different, so are our approaches. As long as we do approach Christ and obey Him, it's just fine. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

I guess this was to hot of a topic for anyone yesterday to even touch or approach.

Well, I just wanted someone to stick their neck out or take a step of faith.

O.K...Well here goes. I'll tell you where I am. I'm too old to be scared :). "THERE IS NO OTHER ANSWER" to me that's true.

Act's 2:38 say's it all, "And Peter said to them, Repent and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

So many things happening here.

Repenting - Turning from sin to God.

Baptized - Romans 6:3-8,

3) "Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ, have been baptized into His death.

4) Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death in order that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we to might walk in newness of life.

5) For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we be also in the likeness of His resurrection,

6) knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him (In baptism), that our body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin,

7) FOR HE WHO HAS DIED IS FREE FROM SIN - I just absolutely love that.

8) Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him !!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where else do you get a promise like this. People make up all kinds of ways to eternal life but this is the only way from GOD.

So, what does anyone else have to say about this??

Love you all.

Thanks for checkin' in - Dave

:noidea: Huh? I really don't know what you are asking. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

@Seasoned by Grace

I’m of the mind that it is one’s personal relationship with Christ that is of first importance. As long as that relationship is growing the believer is on their course. 

For it seems to me that as long as one is pressing into Christ with  their whole heart, regardless of how off they may be in this or that area, God will in His time correct such a heart.

So the issue seems; 

does the heart truly want to “know God” or “know about God.” For scripture does say;

“you shall find me when you search for me with all your heart”

So one’s personal relationship with Christ is the “all” of the believers relationship with Christ.....for there are many  voices that say “low here, and low there is Christ”, ..... and getting lost in the sea of voices can be most disheartening..... but the Spirit He has caused to dwell in our hearts can and will direct us to all truth, as long as we stay willing. 

Anyways, getting to know Christ Jesus in all reality and all truth is the only thing that will cause the heart to truly be at rest. 

So to Him do our hearts turn and to Him do we look.

For as scripture says;

John 6:68 (NASB)
Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life.

Blessings in Christ my fellow laborer, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 8/13/2019 at 10:22 PM, Seasoned by Grace said:

Ephesians 4:5 "ONE Lord, ONE faith, ONE baptism, ONE God and Father for all.

Invite Jesus into your heart.

Believe on Christ and receive Him.

Receive Him in faith.

Be baptized and receive the Holy Spirit.

I've studied the word "ONE" in the Greek and it's "heis" which mean to the exclusion of all others. It's not an all inclusive word which would mean every faith and doctrine is included to be part of God's church - Just one is God's church, so out of all the thousands of churches which is the right one, or is there a right one, other than the "FEW" who are called the remnant?

Matthew 7:14 seems to partner with this verse, "For the gate is small, and the path is narrow that leads to life, and "FEW" are those who find it.

Luke 13:23-24 "And Jesus was passing through from one city and village to another, teaching and proceeding on His way to Jerusalem.

And someone said to Him, "Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?" And Jesus said to them.

THE WORD "FEW" !!!

The word "FEW" seems to be validated by examples in scripture.

How many lived through the flood of Noah's day" 8

How many in Sodom and Gomorah lived through God's destruction? 3

How many during the early part of Exodus went into the land of Cannan? 2

When Joshua attacked Jerico how many lived? Rahab and her family.

Romans 11:5 Paul says," In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time, a remnant (Small believing minority) according to God's gracious choice.

SO.......

....who do we listen to. The huge voice among many that says most will be saved, or do we listen to a small quiet voice in scripture that says "FEW" will be saved"

My thoughts or opinions don't matter here, But God's does...Doesn't it ?

ANY THOUGHTS??

Basically you have not even tried to deal with your title.

"Why so many ways to God?"

All you have done is restate that there is only one way to God.

Just what are these other ways to God?