IGNORED

Why so many ways to Christ, when God says ONE?

Seasoned by Grace

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Who me said:

Are you saying then that there is only One formula of words, actions and responded that means one is a Christian.

Do you mean that there is only one true Christian church .

Because that is how I understand your reply.

Good morning "Who me" :),

Great questions :t2:.

Now you have to remember that these following responses are opinions of MINE and no one else is being told how to believe. We have a freedom in Christ to believe as we are called to by His word, but also remember there is a "SINGULARITY" in what He calls us to, not a "PLURALITY - ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM, ONE GOD AND FATHER FOR ALL.

I have studied God's word for over 41 years, and early this year at the end of my 41 years of studying the scriptures and studying history of the bible and Christianity, I have come to some surprising conclusions that have changed my faith from where I originally began. When I started out what I saw and heard in church didn't seem to always be in agreement with the word of God. As I began to study in the original languages of HEBREW and GREEK, my eyes were further opened to what I found as God's truth.

Now that I have qualified my place in my faith, I'll answer your questions.

1).Are you saying then that there is only One formula of words, actions and responded that means one is a Christian.

ONE FORMULA OF WORDS, ACTIONS AND RESPONSES THAT MEANS WE'RE A CHRISTIAN is an interesting way to phrase your question. I hope I'm not too offensive in the way I answer your questions.
I don't believe God ever intended for any part of HIS plan for mankind to be just a "FORMULA. That sounds so "CLINICAL and COLD" and purely "LEGALISTIC, without any "LOVE". When I married my wife I had no formula to love my wife, I already did, and wanted to spend my life making her happy according to her needs. When my children started coming, I had no "FORMULA" for raising them. I loved them and like my wife, wanted to help them have what they needed to be happy. These RESPONSES of mine to my family didn't make me a father or husband, MY LOVE DID.

For me it's the same way in our relationship with God, I love my family because they touch my heart in a way that I can't help but love them and meet their needs, and with God I can't help but LOVE HIM and HONOR HIM for all HE is to me from my heart. NO MECHANICAL FORMULA, but an overwhelming LOVE to do HIS will and surrender to HIS plan for my life out of my love and appreciation for HIM.

2)Do you mean that there is only one true Christian church .

For me it doesn't really matter what I think, what matters is what God thinks and says. He's the boss and He's in charge. It's His way or the Highway !!!

In Ephesians, God say's, "ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM, ONE GOD AND FATHER FOR ALL".

In acts 4:12 it says, "And there is salvation in no ONE else,

In 1st Timothy, "For there is ONE God, and ONE mediator,

John 14:6, Jesus said to him, " I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father, but through me.

1st Corinthians 12:13, "For by "ONE" Spirit we were baptized into 'ONE" body, whether Jew or Greek, whether slave or free, and we were all made to drink of "ONE" Spirit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you notice the reoccurring word "ONE", same as you used. God is and always has been throughout the scriptures VERY NARROW MINDED and DETERMIND about what He tells us. He even KILLED PEOPLE including priests who didn't follow His directions. GOD MEANS BUSINESS in His SINGLE MINDEDNESS for ALL MANKIND. This is HIS world, HE Made it and us and has a plan that WLL be come to pass irregardless of whether we like it or co-operate or not.

When I was a young child growing up, my dad loved my mom and us kids very much and we loved him, but as we grew older there were more and more things he taught us we could do and couldn't do. They were non-negotiable, and if we went against those things, we were sometimes punished, sometimes very harshly, to remind us he meant what he said.

The old saying, "WAIT 'TILL YOUR FATHER GET'S HOMe," came from my period of growing up, and it was the same with my friends fathers. if WE DISOBEYED OUR MOM, SHE WOULD TELL DAD WHEN HE GOT HOME AND BOY WERE WE IN TROUBLE.

Dad kept us in line, not to just keep the peace at home, but he wanted us to grow up and be a decent part of society

He loved us kids like God does, but us kids had a respectful fear of him, and the power he had over us to keep us in line.

I learned to mind my dad after a few mishaps, and when I grew up he loved me a lot because I wasn't rebellious or a trouble maker at home, or anywhere else, so when I grew old enough, he rewarded me by sending me to college and paying for all of it.

I see GOD somewhat like that too. If we aren't rebellious, and love God from our heart and appreciate Him, and do as He expects like my dad did me, there are even better rewards now and at the end of life, for ETERNAL LIFE.

But remember, it's all based on love and obedience FROM THE HEART, not a FORMULA that is nothing more than a LEGALISTIC response like the JEWS had when it came to doing what God required in the Old Testament times..

Moses sais to God when on Mt. Siani, about his Jewish people - Forgive then Father, for they are an OBSTINATE ( Hard hearted )people.

That's a good lesson for all of us not to be hard hearted against God and what he requires of us. To be soft hearted in LOVE, and we'll receive the CROWN OF LIFE like Paul sais he would.

So, is there one true Christian church??

To me because God's word says to LOVE GOD, and all OTHERS whether they hate you or persecute you, LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORS AS YOURSELF.

The church to me is who God says it is and is made up of the people who honor Gods exact SINGLEMINDED word, FOR ALL THE LAW AND PROPHETS HANG ON THESE COMMANDS TO LOVE.

What I do believe is that my dads teaching me was my personal "SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME", in the way he loved me and yet required certain things from me like God does us, and so when I came to Christ I already understood the concept of what he required of me, like the law being a SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME to the Jews.

Thank you Who me for the questions and may God bless you richly in your walk with HIM.

Dave

Edited by Seasoned by Grace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

3 hours ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

Good morning "Who me" :),

Great questions :t2:.

Now you have to remember that these following responses are opinions of MINE and no one else is being told how to believe. We have a freedom in Christ to believe as we are called to by His word, but also remember there is a "SINGULARITY" in what He calls us to, not a "PLURALITY - ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM, ONE GOD AND FATHER FOR ALL.

I have studied God's word for over 41 years, and early this year at the end of my 41 years of studying the scriptures and studying history of the bible and Christianity, I have come to some surprising conclusions that have changed my faith from where I originally began. When I started out what I saw and heard in church didn't seem to always be in agreement with the word of God. As I began to study in the original languages of HEBREW and GREEK, my eyes were further opened to what I found as God's truth.

Now that I have qualified my place in my faith, I'll answer your questions.

1).Are you saying then that there is only One formula of words, actions and responded that means one is a Christian.

ONE FORMULA OF WORDS, ACTIONS AND RESPONSES THAT MEANS WE'RE A CHRISTIAN is an interesting way to phrase your question. I hope I'm not too offensive in the way I answer your questions.
I don't believe God ever intended for any part of HIS plan for mankind to be just a "FORMULA. That sounds so "CLINICAL and COLD" and purely "LEGALISTIC, without any "LOVE". When I married my wife I had no formula to love my wife, I already did, and wanted to spend my life making her happy according to her needs. When my children started coming, I had no "FORMULA" for raising them. I loved them and like my wife, wanted to help them have what they needed to be happy. These RESPONSES of mine to my family didn't make me a father or husband, MY LOVE DID.

For me it's the same way in our relationship with God, I love my family because they touch my heart in a way that I can't help but love them and meet their needs, and with God I can't help but LOVE HIM and HONOR HIM for all HE is to me from my heart. NO MECHANICAL FORMULA, but an overwhelming LOVE to do HIS will and surrender to HIS plan for my life out of my love and appreciation for HIM.

2)Do you mean that there is only one true Christian church .

For me it doesn't really matter what I think, what matters is what God thinks and says. He's the boss and He's in charge. It's His way or the Highway !!!

In Ephesians, God say's, "ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM, ONE GOD AND FATHER FOR ALL".

In acts 4:12 it says, "And there is salvation in no ONE else,

In 1st Timothy, "For there is ONE God, and ONE mediator,

John 14:6, Jesus said to him, " I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father, but through me.

1st Corinthians 12:13, "For by "ONE" Spirit we were baptized into 'ONE" body, whether Jew or Greek, whether slave or free, and we were all made to drink of "ONE" Spirit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you notice the reoccurring word "ONE", same as you used. God is and always has been throughout the scriptures VERY NARROW MINDED and DETERMIND about what He tells us. He even KILLED PEOPLE including priests who didn't follow His directions. GOD MEANS BUSINESS in His SINGLE MINDEDNESS for ALL MANKIND. This is HIS world, HE Made it and us and has a plan that WLL be come to pass irregardless of whether we like it or co-operate or not.

When I was a young child growing up, my dad loved my mom and us kids very much and we loved him, but as we grew older there were more and more things he taught us we could do and couldn't do. They were non-negotiable, and if we went against those things, we were sometimes punished, sometimes very harshly, to remind us he meant what he said.

The old saying, "WAIT 'TILL YOUR FATHER GET'S HOMe," came from my period of growing up, and it was the same with my friends fathers. if WE DISOBEYED OUR MOM, SHE WOULD TELL DAD WHEN HE GOT HOME AND BOY WERE WE IN TROUBLE.

Dad kept us in line, not to just keep the peace at home, but he wanted us to grow up and be a decent part of society

He loved us kids like God does, but us kids had a respectful fear of him, and the power he had over us to keep us in line.

I learned to mind my dad after a few mishaps, and when I grew up he loved me a lot because I wasn't rebellious or a trouble maker at home, or anywhere else, so when I grew old enough, he rewarded me by sending me to college and paying for all of it.

I see GOD somewhat like that too. If we aren't rebellious, and love God from our heart and appreciate Him, and do as He expects like my dad did me, there are even better rewards now and at the end of life, for ETERNAL LIFE.

But remember, it's all based on love and obedience FROM THE HEART, not a FORMULA that is nothing more than a LEGALISTIC response like the JEWS had when it came to doing what God required in the Old Testament times..

Moses sais to God when on Mt. Siani, about his Jewish people - Forgive then Father, for they are an OBSTINATE ( Hard hearted )people.

That's a good lesson for all of us not to be hard hearted against God and what he requires of us. To be soft hearted in LOVE, and we'll receive the CROWN OF LIFE like Paul sais he would.

So, is there one true Christian church??

To me because God's word says to LOVE GOD, and all OTHERS whether they hate you or persecute you, LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORS AS YOURSELF.

The church to me is who God says it is and is made up of the people who honor Gods exact SINGLEMINDED word, FOR ALL THE LAW AND PROPHETS HANG ON THESE COMMANDS TO LOVE.

What I do believe is that my dads teaching me was my personal "SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME", in the way he loved me and yet required certain things from me like God does us, and so when I came to Christ I already understood the concept of what he required of me, like the law being a SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME to the Jews.

Thank you Who me for the questions and may God bless you richly in your walk with HIM.

Dave

So why then your first question?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

5 minutes ago, Who me said:

So why then your first question?

I quoted your first question and answered it the best I could.