naominash

If Marijuana were legal, would it still be sinful?

I personally don't like Marijuana and it's left a bad impression on me. 

But Id like to hear discussion about this topic. Let's say marijuana were legalized everywhere. Should Christians still avoid it?

I've always leaned towards my answer being yes but I can't find the words to say why.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

I think it's best to avoid it.   I've heard it kills off brain cells.

However, I do understand some people with PTSD say it helps them.   But for a regular person, I think it's harmful to the brain and causes dopiness.

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)

I'm conflicted on this myself. Posting to follow along.

I will say that for those with terminal illness/PTSD/etc., I don't think it should be considered a sin as that's technically a medical treatment for them. 

Edited by TheAimes
  • Thumbs Up 2

Its a disgusting drug that is being pushed upon the public by propagandist promoting its legalization. The ones pushing for such know full well the harm it causes. Autoimmune disorders and failures being at the top of its dangers. And no wonder the propagandist promote such to the elderly. A quick and painless death legalized like euthanasia. Its an all out assault on the lives of the innocent just as it is with abortionist promoters.

A very familiar spirit.

• Haha 1
  • Brilliant! 1

I have heard that it helps people enduring chemo to tolerate the nausea and there are some for whom it controls epilepsy where nothing else works.  However, perhaps the derivative of hemp would help these without the other effects.  It is something to explore.  

I don't believe that we should use anything that affects our reasoning or lowers our inhibitions.  

• Thanks 1

Many medicines are derived from the same sources as recreational drugs

Personally I look at the purpose of using a drug and if it is prescribed or not.

For some medical conditions drugs need to be used despite their affects on the mind.

So even if it is a legal form of a drug there is much to consider.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, naominash said:

I personally don't like Marijuana and it's left a bad impression on me. 

But Id like to hear discussion about this topic. Let's say marijuana were legalized everywhere. Should Christians still avoid it?

I've always leaned towards my answer being yes but I can't find the words to say why.

I think this is a valid issue for a Christ follower to consider. 

Marijuana smoked for recreational use, in my opinion, should be avoided by Christians. I am not convinced that smoking it is the intended way God purposed us to consume it. It can be eaten, even juiced, with very little, if any psychoactive effect. But if combined with certain other foods (juiced) it can enhance the psychoactive effects. If done with knowledge of these things so it is consumed for health benefits, then I see no problem with it. It is a cancer fighter and pain reducer. The oils also are another option for those consuming it strictly for health reasons. 

Edited by Abby-Joy
typo
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

Posted (edited)

Wife takes CBD oil with good results.  No sin there. 

Edited by Picky Pilot
no troll zone
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

Posted (edited)

What kind of question is this??

What does legality have to do with sin"

Does man now legislate and control sin by the laws they pass??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Cor 3:16 - 17, "Do you not know that you are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

If anyone destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that's what you are.

!st Cor. 6:19-20, "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you

are not your own?

For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your bodies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Such a shame in the last days Christians seem to be bankrupt in their knowledge of the word of God.

The church is supposed to be affecting the world for Christ, but more and more it seems that moral failure like homosexuality, ponography, Glutony (Obesity), child molestation, drugs, and false doctrines are becoming part of the church more and more as time passes.

Paul predicted a major failure in the church of falling away and apostacy in Acts20:28-31 "soon after he left, that men from among themselves , like savage wolves would arise speaking perverse things to draw people away from Christ".

With so many perversions of God's word, and church functions and false doctrines, it's no wonder a Christian wrote a book called, "Why I left the church to find Christ.

More and more record numbers of people are leaving the church, disappointed with the leadership focus on more money to make the church building, grander and grander, and the needs of the community, homelessness and the poor, ignored.

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Thumbs Up 1