naominash

If Marijuana were legal, would it still be sinful?

I think anything that changes you from how you normally are is probably best avoided. That includes medication; it should only be the last resort. It may make you feel relaxed, but I think it's best if a person learns how to relax naturally, without needing to depend on such a thing.

In terms of it's medical use, i'm somewhat iffy. I don't wish to deny the seemingly various medical benefits that are surfacing, but neither do I wish to say that the use of this herb in the medical sense is well understood or without bias. Many people are pushing very hard for the legality of it, and in that push, I believe it likely that many of the information is either overblown or fabricated. One need only heed history; whiskey and cigars used to be prescribed as medical treatments. One could claim we know more than we did then, but nothing really ever changes. It's the same face, just a different mask. Until a time can be reached when one can more easily tell the fact from the fiction, I don't think i'm going to get behind it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Posted (edited)

John 15:19,"If you were of this world, the world would love you, but because you are not of this world , the world hates you (Because you do not participate in it's folly)".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Romans 12:2, "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect".

Does that describe drug usage? I think not !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philippians 3:20, "For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the lord Jesus Christ".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John 18:36, "Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, then my servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews, but as it is, my kingdom is not of this world.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are not of this world, and it's ways not of God, but we are in this world for a short time to do the will of God and be his ambassadors for Christ and be light and salt to a world that is hurting and searching for answers, but not judgemental, but loving. We are to be different than the rest of the world in love and compassion as well as resisting what satan has to offer to destroy us. As Proverbs says, we are to be wise, have GODLY morals that the world doesn't understand, but may ask about, as our lives reflect the Christ we love just in the way we choose to live and find a Godly happiness and peace that stands out in the world, along with the way we love those "IN"  the world.

Much peace, contentment and love, in Christ's name - Dave

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

What drug will be next on the list for recreational enjoyment and legalization; cocaine, spice, heroin, rat poison?

Im not making light of your post, but rat poison as a drug is legal already. Its called warfarin and is used as a blood thinner (anticoagulant). 

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, naominash said:

I personally don't like Marijuana and it's left a bad impression on me. 

But Id like to hear discussion about this topic. Let's say marijuana were legalized everywhere. Should Christians still avoid it?

I've always leaned towards my answer being yes but I can't find the words to say why.

It's turning out to have excellent medicinal applications. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The most important word in the english language is "why". Marijuana is not sinful. It's just a plant/drug. The answer to the question, "is using it a sin?" can be found in the answer to this question: "Why are you using it?"

• Thumbs Up 3

20 hours ago, naominash said:

I personally don't like Marijuana and it's left a bad impression on me. 

But Id like to hear discussion about this topic. Let's say marijuana were legalized everywhere. Should Christians still avoid it?

I've always leaned towards my answer being yes but I can't find the words to say why.

If someone wants to get high,  then it is sinful regardless of what it is, marijuana or anything else.

Back in the early part of the last century,  around 1900 to 1935 or so,  a much less expensive and very common marijuana was used BY DOCTORS WITH MEDICINE when given for ailments or illnesses,   in or with about HALF of the PRESCRIPTIONS,  totally legally, and NOT FOR GETTING HIGH.    That was less dangerous than current drugs (since 1950),  and helped more than most drugs.

Opium is an illegal drug but it's derivatives are beneficial in medicine. I see no reason why the same would not be true of Marijuana.

I am not suggesting people start smoking skunk.

I know that is a hard a controversial topic over if pot is sinful,  but Christians need to pray about & use discernment about what they want to put in their bodies,  includeing drinking,  smokeing,  wearing tattoos,  smokeing pot,  & yes it's true we are in the last days & it seems like many false doctrines are entering the church but we must have discernment in these last days, 

• Praise God! 1

Posted (edited)

Edited by Picky Pilot
deleted
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

3 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Im not making light of your post, but rat poison as a drug is legal already. Its called warfarin and is used as a blood thinner (anticoagulant). 

Well again I learned something new!